Jump to content

Restrictions that reduces the FUN


Recommended Posts

27 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

on MSC with their European cruises successfully.

https://www.cruiselawnews.com/2021/02/articles/disease/cruise-passenger-tests-positive-for-covid-19-on-msc-grandiosa/

 

"there have been over 200 passengers and crew members who tested positive for COVID-19 during European sailings since cruising was suspended from U.S. ports last year."

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lilchuckie said:

I wonder if smoking is going to be gone for good. I like to smoke/drink when I gamble but out of respect to everyone else I'd let it go.

 

Thank you for your kindness.  If everyone else were so respectful, I think we'd be in a different place now.

 

Anyway, you should be able to drink while gambling.  They allow it at the closest Native casinos.  I'm not sure about Las Vegas, but probably there too.  Smoking might get cut; we'll have to see.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, xDisconnections said:

You’re forgetting that Carnival sells artificial fun and appointed a basketball player as their Chief Fun Officer.

 

If you can’t have fun while on Carnival, well... 

I am not sure what type of shape their Chief Fun Officer is in based upon him being put through two tables on last Wednesday's airing of AEW pro wrestling.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Chip1 said:

I am not sure what type of shape their Chief Fun Officer is in based upon him being put through two tables on last Wednesday's airing of AEW pro wrestling.

I’m told he’s still qualified for the position.

Edited by xDisconnections
Link to post
Share on other sites

My wife and I won't be going until it is closer to status quo ante. 

 

I see lots of conflict in these early sailings over COVID rule enforcement, not just between staff and passengers, but among passengers.  This sort of thing would take an already compromised experience and just ruin it.

 

I go on vacation to be free of the annoyances of "normal life" - set my own schedule, eat and drink what I want when I want, etc.  I also want to be around people who are happy and carefree for a few days, not on edge about who's breaking a rule.  If I wanted that, I could spend a lot less and perhaps even earn money.

 

I understand there are many who are willing to abide by whatever is necessary to get aboard ship as soon as they can, and they are welcome to the opportunity.  I have other choices I can make that are more suited for what I want in a vacation in the meantime.  I'm willing to wait for a better approximation of my pre-2020 cruise experiences.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I too have pondered the forthcoming restrictions but then I come to the conclusion some of the things are just not physically possible.

 

I have seen the lines on a cruise ship for various things, how crowded a bar can get, how packed the pool can get, the space available in the dining room, ect.

 

You simply cannot move to a system where everyone is isolated and separated by 6ft or more unless you cut the passenger count by multitudes.  The entire design and flow of a cruise ship funnels people to the common areas, that is the only entertainment and activities for them on the water and congregation is unavoidable.  Then take dining, they were already stretched to the limit to serve all the passengers during a given meal period.  Now they are going to manage that by cutting capacity needed to provide the space to social distance?

 

Not possible.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/6/2021 at 10:40 AM, cruisingguy007 said:

I think many folks are underestimating the impact of masks and social distancing will have on the cruise experience. Imagine a craps table with only three players? A bar with people spaced six feet apart? A pool with folks just standing 6 feet apart? Some things just aren't the same when the social aspects and benefits are removed. It becomes a sad version of what would otherwise be an exciting, energy filled, and social occasion. Not to mention, long lines of folks 6 feet apart to get a guys burger or some tacos? There wouldn't even be enough room for that. 

 

 The whole thing would be weird. It will also take time for a lot people to deprogram from the standoffish and avoidance behaviors that has been pounded into their psyche for the last year+. Many will have PTSD/anxiety carryover and may be skittish and/or paranoid in group settings, even when things are safe and risk minimal. Cruising just wasn't built and intended to operate in the type of conditions that would be required to satisfy the distancing/masking that people think would be so easily implemented. It really changes the experience entirely.          

this is why i don't think cruising will start up until the pandemic has been pretty much defeated by vaccinations. you know people will not do as told and wear the masks and distance. they can't seem to do it on land so would be a problem on a ship. the CDC knows this so most likely cruising will be one of the last things allowed to come back. would not look for much in the way of cruising in 2021 because of this.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, volfan22701 said:

this is why i don't think cruising will start up until the pandemic has been pretty much defeated by vaccinations. you know people will not do as told and wear the masks and distance. they can't seem to do it on land so would be a problem on a ship. the CDC knows this so most likely cruising will be one of the last things allowed to come back. would not look for much in the way of cruising in 2021 because of this.

I was brutally reminded of this Friday when my friend from Tennessee texted me that her trip to Egypt had to be cancelled because she tested positive for Covid on Thursday, so she was coming to Florida and wanted to know if she could meet up with me while here. I said WTH, stay home! This woman was all about safety measures until it was her with Covid. Her rationalization. That she did not feel any symptoms, so she is probably not contagious. In reality, she has never cared about other people unless it effected her.     

Link to post
Share on other sites

NEW C.D.C. RULES as of RIGHT NOW..

 

"Indoor visits or gatherings by fully vaccinated people no longer require social distancing or the wearing of masks..."

 

By Fully Vaccinated they mean 2 weeks after the second dose of Pfizer or Moderna,  or 2 weeks after the Jansen single dose.

 

They also said no need for masks among vaccinated adults and low-risk groups (like children)

Link to post
Share on other sites

My strongest fear was that these vaccinations would cause a false sense of "Ok-ness" . Please don't allow my theory to gain ground. Please wear your mask and stay safe.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

The only thing I would miss is the ability to get off the ship and explore ports on my own. We rarely use ship-sponsored excursions and when we do, we are often disappointed. Plus, add to that, how overpriced (IMO) they are.

 

We live near a cruise port in Florida and are booked on a late June cruise on another cruise line. It's just a little 4-day getaway and traveling to and from the port is not a problem. I''m interested in seeing how they manage to do things. (That is, if it doesn't get cancelled first!).  The cruise line told me about all the protocols they are putting in place, including sailing at 75% capacity and limiting port visits to ship-sponsored excursions. They said the main dining room will have less tables and they will be mostly 2 and 4 person seating. They said they will only seat passengers who are traveling together. 

 

This cruise has just two stops, one in Nassau and the other their private island. Since we don't usually get off in Nassau anyway, the excursion restriction doesn't bother us. At the private island we will be able to come and go as we please.

 

I imagine cruise critic will be filled with all kinds of stories about how life on board has changed. I'll be happy to report my findings when we get back!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I travelled to Las Vegas for 10 nights this past October flying both ways. Upon returning took a COVID test and was negative. I had lots of fun and no I am not a gambler. I wore my mask,practiced social distancing and even swam in the pool!  I had meals indoors too.

 

I am planning a 7 Day Panorama Cruise in October. I don't like large crowds so being that there are less people in a venue and making reservations via an App is fine by me.

 

I have a Balcony Cabin and am fully vaccinated. I would never fathom a cruise in anything less than a Balcony after the fiasco last year where people were quarrintining in their Inside Staterooms.

 

I am doing Anytime Dining and am also considering Room Service, $5 Pizza Deliveries via App and bringing back food from the venues too! A burrito on my own Balcony.

 

Also cabins will be spaced out and who knows perhaps the room attendant can open the divider for a larger Balcony if there is no one next to.me!

 

I am ready to cruise!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Envelope21 said:

The only thing I would miss is the ability to get off the ship and explore ports on my own. We rarely use ship-sponsored excursions and when we do, we are often disappointed. Plus, add to that, how overpriced (IMO) they are.

 

We live near a cruise port in Florida and are booked on a late June cruise on another cruise line. It's just a little 4-day getaway and traveling to and from the port is not a problem. I''m interested in seeing how they manage to do things. (That is, if it doesn't get cancelled first!).  The cruise line told me about all the protocols they are putting in place, including sailing at 75% capacity and limiting port visits to ship-sponsored excursions. They said the main dining room will have less tables and they will be mostly 2 and 4 person seating. They said they will only seat passengers who are traveling together. 

 

This cruise has just two stops, one in Nassau and the other their private island. Since we don't usually get off in Nassau anyway, the excursion restriction doesn't bother us. At the private island we will be able to come and go as we please.

 

I imagine cruise critic will be filled with all kinds of stories about how life on board has changed. I'll be happy to report my findings when we get back!

 

Agree but this is a small price to pay in my opinion. Perhaps cruising will be a destination in and of itself and in port days will be vacation days too onboard!

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, boscobeans said:

NEW C.D.C. RULES as of RIGHT NOW..

 

"Indoor visits or gatherings by fully vaccinated people no longer require social distancing or the wearing of masks..."

 

By Fully Vaccinated they mean 2 weeks after the second dose of Pfizer or Moderna,  or 2 weeks after the Jansen single dose.

 

They also said no need for masks among vaccinated adults and low-risk groups (like children)

Cruising will be for us young folks perhaps elderly at risk  people not to be rude will wait to see how it goes. Perhaps less rowdy parties and more refined experiences 

 

We shall see!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, travelplus said:

Cruising will be for us young folks perhaps elderly at risk  people not to be rude will wait to see how it goes. Perhaps less rowdy parties and more refined experiences 

 

We shall see!

 

I'm not clear on what you're trying to say.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Roz said:

 

I'm not clear on what you're trying to say.

Perhaps those who are elderly and have conditions that are preexisting will perhaps wait to cruise.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just got back from Florida again. Let me tell you this: To anyone who thinks cruisers are going to accept the scenario as posted in the OP, it's just not going to work out that way.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Joebucks said:

Just got back from Florida again. Let me tell you this: To anyone who thinks cruisers are going to accept the scenario as posted in the OP, it's just not going to work out that way.

 

Elaborate please.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, cruisemom2 said:

Florida has been wide open for months.  We vacationed in Key West three times in the last  nine months, in masks because they're required there.  I can do it on a cruise ship if required. 

And 33K people in Florida died from Covid in one year. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, marshhawk said:

And 33K people in Florida died from Covid in one year. 

48K people in New York died from Covid in one year... despite being being closed, masked, and fearful.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I truly believe all the cruiselines should only allow passengers who have been vaccinated onboard.  It just makes sense.  If there is a COVID outbreak onboard a future sailing the CDC will use that as an excuse to shut things down again and I can't see them able to survive another.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: Crystal Cruises - New! Luxury Bahamas Escapes
      • ICYM Our Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Explore the Remote World with Hurtigruten!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...