If You Could Change Just One Thing?

Lady Arwen

5 hours ago, skynight said:

Replace the barrel chair which was removed from balcony cabins with a folding chair and a secure storage location for the folding chair.

Love this one but have a small amendment. Provide a comfortable folding chair please. I realize that's somewhat of an oxymoron but at least give me a padded seat. A padded backrest would also be nice.

Edited by Thrak
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Thrak said:

Love this one but have a small amendment. Provide a comfortable folding chair please. I realize that's somewhat of an oxymoron but at least give me a padded seat.

Why can’t we have a comfy tub chair?  

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Potstech said:

Enforce no seat saving in the theaters.

We were in great seats for On The Bayou. Right behind us were seats "saved" by having a cane propped across the spots. We were early (which is how we got the seats we wanted) and were there for maybe 45 minutes with nobody ever showing up behind us at the "saved" seats. The theater was pretty full and a couple came through trying to find a spot to sit and they were obviously very frustrated and about to give up and leave. I told them people aren't allowed to save seats and that we had been there a very long time with nobody showing up. I said they should just set the cane aside and take the seats. They looked at each other a few seconds then took my advice. They enjoyed the show and nobody ever challenged them. (Had somebody done so I would have spoken up. I really dislike the rule breakers and the "entitled" mentality.)

• Like 23

I agree with just about everything in this thread so far, so I'll add my little peeve: wine service.

Can we please get all available glasses or bottles of wine onboard in the MDR - and served (without asking, in a whisper, for a real wine glass) in a proper glass? Of course this would require dedicated wine/beverage service in the MDR which is sorely needed back again. It's a folly to have to run over to the Vines to get a good glass of wine while eating. 

While they're at it: include a Vines on all ships, please. The newer ones have apparently eliminated this popular spot.

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, Lady Arwen said:

Of course you can.....love to hear it!

Update the cabin bathrooms, just like you mentioned. But also with removable shower heads like they have on the new ships. 

Some consistency throughout the fleet should be nice. 🙂

• Like 6

Dress Code........either change your dress code policy to informal all the time throughout all ships or if carrying on with Formal nights then make sure rules are adhered too. Nothing worse than going in for dinner wearing tuxedo or suit and sharing a table with people in t-shirts and chinos and wearing baseball caps.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Redesign the rooms to be more comfortable with sofa and larger shower  like Celebrity and Royal Caribbean. After sailing on those two lines I now realize why I didn't spend much time in the room or on the balcony on a Princess ship. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, BabySarge said:

Bring back the good eucalyptus lotion thumbnail 2 - 6-Lotus-Spa-Princess-Cruises-Eucalyptus-Shampoo-Conditioner-Lotion-2-Each-HTF-wand decent shampoo and conditioner. 

I'm allergic to most perfumes. People who use good quality scents and use the proper (understated) amounts don't bother me. People who use cheap scent and/or apparently bathe in the stuff make me physically ill. 

However, I realize that many here seem to love the eucalyptus scented stuff and the simple solution for me is that I can just not use it as long as they give me an unscented bar of soap. We already bring our own hair products. If necessary I can bring soap as well but it would be hard to get on a ship and discover the soap was scented. I think I'll ad an unopened small bar of soap to my cruise supplies.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, ontheweb said:

This may seem trivial, but I'd like trivia contests to be individual contests, not team contests.

I agree that the "professional" trivia teams are detrimental to the spirit of the thing. However, I do want to have a team of 2 so my wife and I can participate together.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Vic The Parrot said:

Update the cabin bathrooms, just like you mentioned. But also with removable shower heads like they have on the new ships. 

Some consistency throughout the fleet should be nice. 🙂

I agree!

28 minutes ago, Lady Arwen said:

Why can’t we have a comfy tub chair?  

While we want the chair back, there are folks who never used it and didn't want it taking up space in their cabin. Apparently people complained and it was cheaper and easier for Princess to simply remove the chairs. I'm guessing the people who complained don't have bad backs. Sitting on the bed is very hard on mine. I guess Princess also figures the lack of the chair will drive folks like me out of the cabin and into "revenue producing areas".

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

Dress Code........either change your dress code policy to informal all the time throughout all ships or if carrying on with Formal nights then make sure rules are adhered too. Nothing worse than going in for dinner wearing tuxedo or suit and sharing a table with people in t-shirts and chinos and wearing baseball caps.

enforce the dress 'code' to the MAX in the Traditional fixed time dining rooms

leave anytime dining alone even on 'picture night(s)'

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Thrak said:

While we want the chair back, there are folks who never used it and didn't want it taking up space in their cabin. Apparently people complained and it was cheaper and easier for Princess to simply remove the chairs. I'm guessing the people who complained don't have bad backs. Sitting on the bed is very hard on mine. I guess Princess also figures the lack of the chair will drive folks like me out of the cabin and into "revenue producing areas".

We are forced to book mini suites only, or Deluxe balconies on Royal class ships, because I refuse to sit on the bed to drink my coffee or to eat my room service breakfast.  If HAL and Celebrity can put sofas in all cabins, except for Pinnacle class interiors, then Princess can as well.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Thrak said:

I'm allergic to most perfumes. People who use good quality scents and use the proper (understated) amounts don't bother me. People who use cheap scent and/or apparently bathe in the stuff make me physically ill. 

However, I realize that many here seem to love the eucalyptus scented stuff and the simple solution for me is that I can just not use it as long as they give me an unscented bar of soap. We already bring our own hair products. If necessary I can bring soap as well but it would be hard to get on a ship and discover the soap was scented. I think I'll ad an unopened small bar of soap to my cruise supplies.

I don't know if you've ever seen it in your local store, but Jergens has a hypo-allergenic soap.  

Don't recall the exact name, but I've picked it up a few times, and it's pretty good. It has a slight scent, but not overbearing. Hardly noticable even. 

Keep your eyes peeled for it.  😎

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Never allow ball caps or any other hat in the dining room. Period.

Spot on!  My husband is horrified by someone wearing a hat in the dining room!  He still likes to “dress” for dinner.

Edited by Lady Arwen
Spell
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Potstech said:

Stop requiring room linked Drink package and specials being required of all people in a cabin. It can be done on an individual basis.

Would be nice, but people abused it in the past. That's why the policy exists. So, we would need to change people and their nature. Unfortunately, that's a pretty big ask.

Edited by CruiseMrB
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, voljeep said:

enforce the dress 'code' to the MAX in the Traditional fixed time dining rooms

leave anytime dining alone even on 'picture night(s)'

why should traditional times or anytime dining define what you wear if it is classed as a Formal night it should be the same dress code in all MDRs. What is laughable on all Princess ships outside all MDRs whether traditional or anytime there is a brass plaque with dress code regulations but nobody adheres to it. If you dont want to adhere to the dress code then use the buffet or International cafe.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Vic The Parrot said:

I don't know if you've ever seen it in your local store, but Jergens has a hypo-allergenic soap.  

Don't recall the exact name, but I've picked it up a few times, and it's pretty good. It has a slight scent, but not overbearing. Hardly noticable even. 

Keep your eyes peeled for it.  😎

Nope. Won't work. I use plain old Ivory soap. One time I kept trying to find the odor in my house and tracked it down to my bathroom. Under the cupboard was a new, unwrapped package, if wrapped soap. My wife had accidentally purchased Ivory with Aloe. I'm serious about the problem with scents. I don't know just when it started but I didn't have an issue when I was younger. I think it was sometime around age 50 or so that something changed.

My wife has a niece who just turned 50 and, all of a sudden, has a ton of food allergies. She gets sick and breaks out. The doctors can't figure it out. Sadly, she can no longer eat Mexican food. I can't imagine that. It would be horrible to me. How can one live without Mexican food? (Okay, I realize many places either just don't have Mexican food or only have "pseudo" Mexican food. It would be hard for me to live somewhere that doesn't have decent Mexican food.)

5 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

why should traditional times or anytime dining define what you wear if it is classed as a Formal night it should be the same dress code in all MDRs. What is laughable on all Princess ships outside all MDRs whether traditional or anytime there is a brass plaque with dress code regulations but nobody adheres to it. If you dont want to adhere to the dress code then use the buffet or International cafe.

i'm prepared to be turned away at the mdr ... will leave it at that

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, CruiseMrB said:

Would be nice, but people abused it in the past. That's why the policy exists. So, we would need to change people and their nature. Unfortunately, that's a pretty big ask.

sorry, but no - the PBP does NOT require both/all adults in a cabin to purchase the package

now, Princess Plus, and BSE are a different story because those are built into the fare

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Lady Arwen said:

Spot on!  My husband is horrified by someone wearing a hat in the dining room!  He still likes to “dress” for dinner.

Saw this posted outside the dining room on Coral Princess. Sad that it had to be posted. Neither of these items should ever be allowed. (Shorts during breakfast or lunch are okay but not for dinner. It isn't Denny's...)

image.thumb.png.026bc0a65fa08c8bbe9093fcd99a0c62.png

• Like 7