New CDC Guidelines for Vaccinated People

3 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

I remember having chicken pox too. I remember being covered in Calamine Lotion. Or was that measles that required Calamine Lotion? I don't know. I have all of them. I remember having the Mumps too. I looked like a bunny rabbit with the towel on my face to keep my parotid glands warm. Great memories.

Calamine goes with chicken pox.😊

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

I remember having chicken pox too. I remember being covered in Calamine Lotion. Or was that measles that required Calamine Lotion? I don't know. I have all of them. I remember having the Mumps too. I looked like a bunny rabbit with the towel on my face to keep my parotid glands warm. Great memories.

My three siblings and myself had everything all at the same time.

I too have gotten the shingles vaccine, pnumonia vaccine and every vaccine offered through Costco and am always ready to travel.

8 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I don't recall the exact years but the chicken pox vaccine became available for maybe a little over twenty, give or take a few, years ago. It took a bit of time after that before schools started mandaring it.

The year they started was 1993.  

Its ridiculous in NJ.  There are people hogging the websites to get appointments.  One of my nursing colleagues told me about 2 17yr olds who got vaccinated by saying they were part time essential workers.  One link I know is vaccinefinder.org.  Also in NJ, you can call and schedule with Walmart and Sams if over 75.  No one else can.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Keksie said:

I have the small pox vaccine scar on my arm too.

I know for sure that I did have the Small Pox vaccine but I never had a scar on my arm from it. My mother made sure I did NOT scratch any of those chicken pox so I don't have any scars from that disease,

7 hours ago, Lionesss said:

I had a bad case of chicken poxs as a child.

It came back to haunt me.

After my first miscarriage I got shingles on the nerve root from my back down my left arm.

It started as a tingling sensation.

I did not feel like eating or cooking so  one day so my DH trying to cheer me up took me to a restaurant for lunch.

Well once there the waitress goes to me that I did not look good.

The next thing I knew I was in the doctors office getting examined.

My pulse was 170, and BP was low.

He thought I was having either an A-fib event or panic attack. He could not tell on the EKG (this was before the machine did the interpretation).

He then took my full history about the miscarriage, and funny feeling in back and arm.

And low and behold the blisters were starting to appear.

He calmed me down, no A-fib.

Prescribed zovirax and Ativan 1mg. every 12 hours.

Went home took one ativan, slept for over 12 hours, woke up and life resumed and got better day by day.

No scars from chicken pox, but skin lightening where where big blisters were on my arm.  I think I notice it more, because I am fair skinned.

Getting ready to get the shingles vaccine this fall.

I do not want to go thru that again.

Be healthy

I had both versions of the Shingrex vaccine. All I remember is my arm hurt at the injection site for a few days. Never did have Shingles. The TV ad campaign for Shingrex is very convincing, IMHO.

5 hours ago, cured said:

Our district requires all vaccines, including chicken pox. They have eliminated the religious exemption since it was being abused by the anti-vaxxers. They only exemptions allowed are true medical exemptions.

If a parent chooses not to vaccinate, they will need to enroll their child in the online school that is provided. They may not attend school in person unless fully vaccinated.

I wonder if this will ever be a policy for the Covid vaccination for kids to attend school.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

I know for sure that I did have the Small Pox vaccine but I never had a scar on my arm from it. My mother made sure I did NOT scratch any of those chicken pox so I don't have any scars from that disease,

I remember my mother being a nut case about scratching. I have no scars either. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, broberts said:

Is the "zero interest" a pure guess or do you have actual evidence that everyone in some of the most at risk groups are refusing vaccinations?

My guess is those "under represented communities" are, how can I say this.....less educated. Those are the people who are afraid of vaccines and do not understand the science behind them. Sorry to say.

Edited by coffeebean

18 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

I had both versions of the Shingrex vaccine. All I remember is my arm hurt at the injection site for a few days. Never did have Shingles. The TV ad campaign for Shingrex is very convincing, IMHO.

I watched both my Oma and Opa suffer through bouts of shingles, my Oma had it twice. I'll be getting that vaccine without hesitation one day that's for sure. 

26 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

Did your Mom put brown sugar and butter on that oatmeal soak? That's the only way I would eat oatmeal as a kid. LOL.

Was lucky, only 4 Pox on my face. Maybe 150 total on body. Was off same time with younger brother, we counted and put lotion on each other backs...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jean87510 said:

Its ridiculous in NJ.  There are people hogging the websites to get appointments.  One of my nursing colleagues told me about 2 17yr olds who got vaccinated by saying they were part time essential workers.  One link I know is vaccinefinder.org.  Also in NJ, you can call and schedule with Walmart and Sams if over 75.  No one else can.

No questions when went to get mine last week, Age/Health. Had 7 emails and Texts last week telling me available up here in MI. I signed up on 6 County and Pharmacy Sites months ago. I'm part of 3 County area and today I could have picked for either of the 3 Counties with opening every wk for next 3 weeks. Previous one I got of openings for today, were still open 3 days after announcing them. Here we're down to age 50+. Think many people are turning them down...

Edited by ONECRUISER

9 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

No questions when went to get mine last week, Age/Health. Had 7 emails and Texts last week telling me available up here in MI. I signed up on 6 County and Pharmacy Sites months ago. I'm part of 3 County area and today I could have picked for either of the 3 Counties with opening every wk for next 3 weeks. Previous one I got of openings for today, were still open 3 days after announcing them. Here we're down to age 50+. Think many people are turning them down...

My perspective is I am ok with as many getting vaccine as possible.  Even younger people since they work and are out and about more.  My problem is appointment hoarders (similar to chair hogs) who book multiple appointments and then don't use them.  There's a rumor that NJ teachers will be the only ones getting the Johnson vaccine when they restock CVS in a couple of weeks.  Just a rumor but interesting.  But again, more vaccinated, the better.  In my state its been so stifling with restrictions, people just want to get the vaccine and move on.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Heymarco said:

I came across this sorry today. Guess it’s not just the kids to worry about. I feel like this goes back to asking for better protocols rather than relying on a “fully vaccinated” sailing. Hopefully the cruise lines and governments can move past the pre-vaccine logic rather quickly or sailings may not happen for a long time.

https://www.kitv.com/story/43490047/fully-vaccinated-hawaii-healthcare-worker-contracts-covid19

I don't find anything particularly distrubing in that story. So they tested positive. They were not sick. That is the key. In a way it is reassuring. You are vaccinated, you come in contact with the virus, you don't get sick. Just more reason to have a fully vaccinated ship.

4 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I don't find anything particularly distrubing in that story. So they tested positive. They were not sick. That is the key. 

Well, considering what's important is the effectiveness in preventing hospitalizations and deaths, it's doing what it's supposed to.  None of the vaccines are 100% in preventing the disease itself, so why is it even news?  Oh yeah, views.

Edited by BND

3 minutes ago, BND said:

Well, considering what's important is the effectiveness in preventing hospitalizations and deaths, it's doing what it's supposed to.  None of the vaccines are 100% in preventing the disease itself, so why is it even news?  Oh yeah, views.

Agree, I think the article shows how well the vaccine worked. I'm not sure how it could be interpreted differently. It not only prevented hospitalization and death, it prevented illness.... perfect outcome to vaccination.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Heymarco said:

I came across this sorry today. Guess it’s not just the kids to worry about. I feel like this goes back to asking for better protocols rather than relying on a “fully vaccinated” sailing. Hopefully the cruise lines and governments can move past the pre-vaccine logic rather quickly or sailings may not happen for a long time.

https://www.kitv.com/story/43490047/fully-vaccinated-hawaii-healthcare-worker-contracts-covid19

This story is EXCELLENT news!! Proof that the vaccines are working EXACTLY as advertised. 

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

My perspective is I am ok with as many getting vaccine as possible.  Even younger people since they work and are out and about more.  My problem is appointment hoarders (similar to chair hogs) who book multiple appointments and then don't use them.  There's a rumor that NJ teachers will be the only ones getting the Johnson vaccine when they restock CVS in a couple of weeks.  Just a rumor but interesting.  But again, more vaccinated, the better.  In my state its been so stifling with restrictions, people just want to get the vaccine and move on.

No problem, trust me feel for those that need and can't get them. Was watching sites many times day to get Mom her's, my signing up was secondary and was pointing out experience here in Michigan.. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, coffeebean said:

My guess is those "under represented communities" are, how can I say this.....less educated. Those are the people who are afraid of vaccines and do not understand the science behind them. Sorry to say.

Wow, putting down communities because you think they’re less educated. Not a shock I suppose from all these COVID vaccine experts. I can tell you at my company that has thousands of highly educated (or at least got their bachelor degrees and above) employees, only 60% wants to be vaccinated. 

5 minutes ago, easyqueasy said:

Wow, putting down communities because you think they’re less educated. Not a shock I suppose from all these COVID vaccine experts. I can tell you at my company that has thousands of highly educated (or at least got their bachelor degrees and above) employees, only 60% wants to be vaccinated. 

I would guess 60%-70% is about the national average right now. The communities I am servicing are more like the 5%-8% range