September 30th booked - I am feeling confident.

Booked the Regal for September 30th UK residents only from Southampton. I am feeling so confident that this sailing is going to happen. Somewhere in the back of my mind I am aware that I may be living in a fools paradise but for now I am keeping the faith that this will happen. I understand from posts on facebook that US cruisers have been canceled off the Southampton sailings so this may also be an indication that they are serious about UK residents only as our vaccination programs is running ahead at full steam.

Let's hope we all get on a ship some day soon.

Stay safe everyone

• Like 7

30 minutes ago, john_galt said:

I hope you are right! The sooner anyone sails from anywhere, the better I will feel about my late November 2021 3-day to Princess Cays. 

Amen! Fingers crossed for our Nov. 4-30, TA from Rome. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, windsurferfirst said:

Booked the Regal for September 30th UK residents only from Southampton. I am feeling so confident that this sailing is going to happen. Somewhere in the back of my mind I am aware that I may be living in a fools paradise but for now I am keeping the faith that this will happen. I understand from posts on facebook that US cruisers have been canceled off the Southampton sailings so this may also be an indication that they are serious about UK residents only as our vaccination programs is running ahead at full steam.

Stay safe everyone

Didn’t know they were on sale yet. Best take a look. 

According to the Princess website the UK residents only cruises will not go on sale until the end of the month. I see the Regal Princess on 30th September. Really good cabin rates. Will wait to see what else is offered. 

52 minutes ago, sandancer said:

According to the Princess website the UK residents only cruises will not go on sale until the end of the month. I see the Regal Princess on 30th September. Really good cabin rates. Will wait to see what else is offered. 

I saw that pricing etc was not up yet for those cruises. I was wondering if the 30th would be a stay on the ship cruise which we wouldn't mind.

3 hours ago, windsurferfirst said:

Stay safe everyone

Our vaccines in the US are progressing very well.  The average is 2.5 million shots given/day.  I truly believe that Princess acted hastily in making these cruises for UK residents only.

• Like 1

I was under the impression by the Princess cancellations that the only UK resident statement only referred to the UK cruise replacements through September 25th 2021 and I see no reference to UK only residents on any the regularly scheduled cruises after the 25th of September 2021 (?)

?? Does the OP have any specific information that the September 30th cruises is UK only... I certainly can't find any reference to that on the Princess site or any other  site.

4 hours ago, spyro1952 said:

Our vaccines in the US are progressing very well.  The average is 2.5 million shots given/day.  I truly believe that Princess acted hastily in making these cruises for UK residents only.

Agreed! I find it strange that only UK residents (vaccinated or not?) can cruise with this

itinerary, versus anyone from anywhere who IS vaccinated.

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, windsurferfirst said:

Stay safe everyone

NOTE :

As I suspected, this cruise IS NOT for UK residents only,  I have called the USA Princess phone center , and it was 100% confirmed that this cruise is not subject to the recent Princess cancellation announcements, and no further changes beyond September 25th 2021 are scheduled. The September 30th 2021 cruise will be sailed as originally published, opened to all international passengers, subject to future UK government restrictions

The OP above is mistaken.

Edited by srpilo

I am booked on this cruise as well.   Prices are good.  The only negative is that Guernsey has stated they will not allow cruiseships in 2021...

While disappointing, it will not stop me.

17 hours ago, windsurferfirst said:

Stay safe everyone

Good luck 🤞 👍

Tony

It would appear that I am mistaken about this cruise being UK residents only. I will now have to reconsider going on this cruise. I don't like the idea that it is open to all countries and non vaccinated. I think it may be a risk too far for us at this stage.

I know other have checked with Princess but I will call them myself this morning and take a view following what transpires from that call.

The wind has truly been taken out of my sails.

Thanks for your comments everyone. 

On 3/9/2021 at 5:47 AM, windsurferfirst said:

Stay safe everyone

I'll tell you this much.  When we sail out of Port Everglades on the 24th of July you can rest assured that you will be sailing on the 30th of September.

We love sailing out of Southampton.  Our pattern is to fly in to Heathrow and take Smiths for Airports to Southampton and stay a couple of nights at the Ibis Hotel and take a train on our full day to wherever.  Short cab ride to the ship and off we go.  We won't be back in Southampton until next year and that would be at the end of the voyage, however, we are still thinking about staying a couple of days there before being driven to the airport for return home.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, windsurferfirst said:

It would appear that I am mistaken about this cruise being UK residents only. I will now have to reconsider going on this cruise. I don't like the idea that it is open to all countries and non vaccinated. I think it may be a risk too far for us at this stage.

I know other have checked with Princess but I will call them myself this morning and take a view following what transpires from that call.

The wind has truly been taken out of my sails.

Thanks for your comments everyone. 

Two points I think:

1 - I think Princess will mandate everyone on the cruise must be vaccinated (or did I miss something when they announced these cruises)

2 - will your Government be letting in people from other Countries that are not vaccinated. Certainly will not be happening here

So I think you are safe - if the cruise happens.

• Like 1

We are booked on the recently arranged Med cruise on Sky, leaving Southampton on October 22nd. 

Personally I think it is 50:50 that the cruuse will go ahead, and if it does I believe any tours will have to be in a bubble. But the cruise is so cheap that even if we can't go ahead, it will just be nice to stay onboard and get some late Mediterranean autumn sun.

• Like 1

I called Princess yesterday they confirmed that the UK residents cruises only will not be on sale until the end of March. She couldn't tell me the nationalities of the people booked on my cruise but understood my concerns.  She intermated  that the UK cruises were test cruises. She didn't say the September 30th one wouldn't sail but the big concern for Princess was the uncertainty around travel restrictions. Reading between the lines I think that cruises like the Southampton to Southampton cruise only will be the way forward for a while.

She encouraged me to keep the booking for now and port over the booking to one of the cruises being released later this month if I liked one of those. She also reminded me of the cruise with confidence policy Princess have where by I could cancel before final payment without any financial loss.

I am booked on Enchanted for Aug 7th which I had doubts about this sailing going ahead I am almost certain now that it won't. Any tips on how to break more cancellation's to my granddaughter's will be gratefully received.

I am no longer filled with confidence 😞

13 minutes ago, windsurferfirst said:

She encouraged me to keep the booking for now and port over the booking to one of the cruises being released later this month if I liked one of those

I think the big issue for you to decide on, is if just cruising around  for 7 days with no ports, is an adequate substitute for a "traditional" cruise with port stops. 

If you get 7 days of sun, it could be very nice, but now likely is that in a British summer? 7 days floating in the North Sea in the rain is not much fun! 

5 hours ago, wowzz said:

I think the big issue for you to decide on, is if just cruising around  for 7 days with no ports, is an adequate substitute for a "traditional" cruise with port stops. 

If you get 7 days of sun, it could be very nice, but now likely is that in a British summer? 7 days floating in the North Sea in the rain is not much fun! 

Dam straight! There is no way I am rocking round the English Chanel, North Atlantic or any other Ocean that's going to be rough with rain pouring out of the skys. If I have 2 sea days in a row I'm going stir crazy to get off at the next port and thats on a Caribbean / Med cruise.