Serenity to be sailing in Bahamas starting July . . .

On 3/17/2021 at 5:28 PM, cruisr said:

Bimini is Dock, not tender according to the email Crystal sent to TAs so I think res may be mistaken, as they sometimes are.

Transfers will be $20.00 each way if booked through Crystal.

They will have special rates for the Fort Lauderdale to Bimini ferry also.

Your TAs should have all this info.

You are correct. Serenity will actually dock in Bimini.

In the information that guests just saw with bookings it had mistakes.  It showed Nassau and all other ports as Docked and Bimini as a tender.

It actually should read Nassau and Bimini as docked (yes Bimini will be docked) and the other ports as tender ports.  This will be corrected by Crystal so that the systems show the correct information.

Keith

Posted (edited)

Celebrity Cruises is  following suit on non-US cruises. They are starting to cruise out of St. Maarten in June. 

Just another encouraging  data point. I hope they do well!

Edited by CruiserFromMaine
Typo
6 minutes ago, CruiserFromMaine said:

Celebrity Cruises is  following suit on non-US cruises. They are starting to cruise out of St. Maarten in June. 

Just another encouraging  data point. I hope they do well!

here’s more info

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/24600-celebrity-announces-june-caribbean-comeback-from-st-maarten.html

Nancy

Posted (edited)

As Roland said, the 3800 passenger Adventure of the Seas (Royal Caribbean) is also sailing out of Nassau starting June.  At first I thought Crystal had negotiated exclusivity with the Bahamas, but I guess that isn't so.

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/24602-royal-caribbean-ceo-bayley-on-return-to-north-america-cruising.html

Edited by crickette
1 hour ago, crickette said:

As Roland said, the 3800 passenger Adventure of the Seas (Royal Caribbean) is also sailing out of Nassau starting June.  At first I thought Crystal had negotiated exclusivity with the Bahamas, but I guess that isn't so.

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/24602-royal-caribbean-ceo-bayley-on-return-to-north-america-cruising.html

I just saw the RCI itinerary. It includes Nassau, Cozumel, Grand Bahama and two days at Coco Cay, so Nassau is the only possible overlap with Serenity.

2 hours ago, bitob said:

If RCI is not in Nassau on a Saturday it will not make a difference.  We will never see them.

Yes, but the residents of Nassau will, and a her pax may set a bar against which Serenity pax will be measured.

5 minutes ago, xrvlcruiser said:

Royal Caribbean will be in Nassau on Saturdays.

Peggy

With almost 2000 pax getting on & off same day.  😞

10 minutes ago, xrvlcruiser said:

Royal Caribbean will be in Nassau on Saturdays.

Peggy

Peggy - I thought I saw RCCL starting on 6/12 which is Friday, unless they overnight there until Saturday?

Posted (edited)

That is going to be a busy port and Airport on Saturdays.

15 hours ago, Keith1010 said:

You are correct. Serenity will actually dock in Bimini.

In the information that guests just saw with bookings it had mistakes.  It showed Nassau and all other ports as Docked and Bimini as a tender.

It actually should read Nassau and Bimini as docked (yes Bimini will be docked) and the other ports as tender ports.  This will be corrected by Crystal so that the systems show the correct information.

Keith

The Crystal invoice does state that Bimini is a Docking port.

Edited by PaulMCO

RCCL Adventure of the Seas (3114 pax capacity) said they will only be sailing at 50-60% capacity, so around 1600-1900 passengers.  Better book your Nassau hotels soon!

Also, they state that all passengers over age 18 and all crew will  be required to be vaccinated.

~Nancy

24 minutes ago, oakridger said:

RCCL Adventure of the Seas (3114 pax capacity) said they will only be sailing at 50-60% capacity, so around 1600-1900 passengers.  Better book your Nassau hotels soon!

~Nancy

If I were a betting man, I'd bet Carnival will be there too. Because Carnival and RCCL shadow each other all over the northern Caribe. So yes, take Nancy's advice and book your Nassau hotels now! 

7 hours ago, PaulMCO said:

That is going to be a busy port and Airport on Saturdays.

The Crystal invoice does state that Bimini is a Docking port.

Right you are.  Yes a busy port day as some of the small hometown ports are.  Charleston SC comes to mind as they have a ship in home port (well used to before COVID struck) .

Glad the invoice now shows Bimini as a docking ports as the original ones didn't.

This means the item was corrected as I was told it would be.

Keith

On 3/11/2021 at 5:01 PM, Texas Tillie said:

July is certainly not pre-hurricane season, it starts June 1.

Patty

Everyone in  the south knows June 1st to end of Oct is hurricane season.while living in FLorida the worse ones were from August to end of Oct. yet I am taking a chance. I believe if we had to we will get moved to a safe place,

Posted (edited)

I think we’re forgetting the scale and scope of Nassau...  Their pier complex is designed to hold 4 mega ships regularly totaling over 20,000 passengers together.  Atlantis has over 3,800 hotel rooms alone, and Baha Mar has another 2,200 rooms or so between its three brands.  The airport is capable of handling over 5 million passengers a year and has 10 jetbridge-capable gates.

I know, social distancing and all, and the country is just starting to gear back up to volume but still...  This is a city that is logistically built for huge masses of people.

Vince

Edited by BWIVince
On 3/14/2021 at 2:32 AM, Keith1010 said:

Please keep in mind if you are vaccinated no one know for sure if you got COVID-19 if you could spread the virus to someone else.  So I suspect that is why they require you to take the test.  Might this change who knows but if you are going to book the cruise now you just have to make the decision.

LC1950 good point.  I recently had a camera inserted in a different location than you mentioned but I would take the COVID-19 test (which we did before a Colonoscopy) anytime over that one.  In fact, I would it 7 times in a week over that one time.  Maybe every day for a month.  LOL.

Keith

The hard part is the fasting. I removed all food I could from fridge and loaded  it  with white ice tea.

49 minutes ago, BWIVince said:

I think we’re forgetting the scale and scope of Nassau...  Their pier complex is designed to hold 4 mega ships regularly totaling over 20,000 passengers together.  Atlantis has over 3,800 hotel rooms alone, and Baha Mar has another 2,200 rooms or so between its three brands.  The airport is capable of handling over 5 million passengers a year and has 10 jetbridge-capable gates.

I know, social distancing and all, and the country is just starting to gear back up to volume but still...  This is a city that is logistically built for huge masses of people.

Vince

Vince, excellent points as usual.   this makes perfect sense and you are so right.

They have lots of flights  between the USA and Nassau and excellent point about Atlantis.  They also have several other resorts.

Years ago I looked at taking the family to Atlantis as friends when there and their family had a blast. Anne Marie reminded me we ended up not going because we decided to take a cruise and I smiled.  I guess I always put cruising over most other type of vacations.  

14 hours ago, Kwaj girl said:

What, exactly, is a "nimble mask policy" as noted in their news release regarding these new Bahamas voyages?

The crew will be required to wear masks. As to guests this will likely vary; maybe sometimes yes, other time no.  

I think the key guests need to have is be flexible and that includes a range of things from masks, to social distancing, to what is open, to tendering, to testing, etc.  If they are flexible and go with the flow they should have an outstanding time.

Keith

2 hours ago, Keith1010 said:

The crew will be required to wear masks. As to guests this will likely vary; maybe sometimes yes, other time no.  

I think the key guests need to have is be flexible and that includes a range of things from masks, to social distancing, to what is open, to tendering, to testing, etc.  If they are flexible and go with the flow they should have an outstanding time.

Keith

I suppose flexibility will be the key. I wonder what Crystal has in mind for the required pre-return-to-the-US testing ?