More Information On New Seven Day Crystal Cruises Sailings

6 minutes ago, gwesq said:

I may have missed it, but has Crystal mentioned anything about whether we will be able to go out on our own at the Ports, or will we only be allowed off ship on a Crystal excursion?  

I am wondering about that too.  It's not part of "Crystal Clean" or whatever they call it.  I am sure we will hear about that issue shortly.

35 minutes ago, gwesq said:

I may have missed it, but has Crystal mentioned anything about whether we will be able to go out on our own at the Ports, or will we only be allowed off ship on a Crystal excursion?  

You probably already know this - it's  too early to say for sure.  Today I would say the chance is slim.  But there are months between now and the first cruise, and even more months until the cruises in October, and authorities may relax the prohibitions.

On 3/12/2021 at 10:03 PM, TRIPACIAN said:

I can hear Louie singing in the background I think!!!

I'm booked b2b on the first two Bahamas cruises. I have a feeling as we sail away and I hear Louie, I may have wet cheeks.

14 minutes ago, AtA said:

I'm booked b2b on the first two Bahamas cruises. I have a feeling as we sail away and I hear Louie, I may have wet cheeks.

I have a feeling that as you sail away listening to Louie I will have wet cheeks 🙂

5 minutes ago, claudiaYVR said:

I have a feeling that as you sail away listening to Louie I will have wet cheeks 🙂

Here's hoping you get your vaccines soon so you too can book. 

4 hours ago, crickette said:

You probably already know this - it's  too early to say for sure.  Today I would say the chance is slim.  But there are months between now and the first cruise, and even more months until the cruises in October, and authorities may relax the prohibitions.

What type of excursions would you think are possibles on these islands.  Many of them the chief mode of transport is a golf cart.  Crystal will not bring 15 mega buses to these island to support moving guests.  There are under 1000 residents on San Salvador Is.   Unlike Royal Caribbean who is also doing a Bahamas startup in June, Crystal has no private Islands.

Most of the lines, or families of lines, have private islands.  You would think the lines might get together and share them for these Bahamas cruises.  I have only been to two:  Princess Cays and Half Moon Cay (Little San Salvador,  HAL & Carnival).  Of the two, I thin HMC is much better and they have their own large tenders that are HC accessible.  EM

5 minutes ago, kwoody said:

Anyone think the level of onboard service or offerings will go down on this new iteration?

It will definitely change in response to Covid - and some may construe that as “down” but I doubt that Crystal will be deliberately lowering their service standards

You know, I would just be happy to be there. To share the experience of the crew getting back together after such distress and heartache, no matter what the service.
They wouldn't have to do anything. I'd be pleased if they took a lounge chair and asked for a drink. I'd do my best. And  I'd  try to remember their name and drink preference.

6 minutes ago, Pat King said:

You know, I would just be happy to be there. To share the experience of the crew getting back together after such distress and heartache, no matter what the service.
They wouldn't have to do anything. I'd be pleased if they took a lounge chair and asked for a drink. I'd do my best. And  I'd  try to remember their name and drink preference.

You must be a very nice person! Thank you for this post.

10 hours ago, PaulMCO said:

Unlike Royal Caribbean who is also doing a Bahamas startup in June, Crystal has no private Islands.

Technically, the Beach Club on Bimini is Genting and Virgin’s cobranded private beach venue.  In essence, it’s Crystal’s Princess Cays, on a smaller scale.

Totally agree with your question about what’s planned for the smaller ports though...  I’ve been to many islands with Crystal over the years where little or no excursions were offered.

Vince

9 hours ago, kwoody said:

Anyone think the level of onboard service or offerings will go down on this new iteration?

I don't see any change in on-board service.  It will continue to be outstanding.

As to offerings, a few changes likely in order due to things like social distancing.  

The key is the planning by Crystal that will go into what adjustments have to be made.  They have already done a lot of work planning how things will go as they come back into service and that will now continue having locked into the itineraries.

Now this is me speculating but I will give you an example.  Because of social distancing they may have to develop plans for the days the ship tenders.  I mentioned this the other day.  For example, they may have to go with scheduled times for going ashore.  We did this on the Northwest Passage and it worked like a charm.  In that case we were dealing with Zodiacs but I've been on board where in a few cases they had a schedule to cut down on everyone waiting in the stairwells. So certainly some adjustments as there have been adjustments on land.

And my guess is as they learn more and just gain confidence more adjustments will follow.

Keith

I would imagine that anyone booking these cruises is just happy to be on a Crystal ship and will fully understand the need to be flexible.

So excursions are included with Crystal, right? So we should be able to do the swimming with the pigs at no additional cost? Is it likely that they will have limited availability and people won't be able to book it?

I guess the latter question remains to be seen. When doing the check-in process it seemed like I could not make dining reservations until I paid in full. Is the same true for excursions?

5 hours ago, Kwaj girl said:

Sure would be nice if Crystal continued having a Catholic priest onboard to celebrate Daily Mass.  We booked the 7/10 voyage and HOPE SO 🙏🙏

I expect this will be the case since they provide services to both guests and crew.  

Keith

2 hours ago, MisterBill99 said:

Did not realize that. I thought that they were all-inclusive.

They do include many things but not excursions.  Regent does but luxury lines Seabourn, Silversea and Crystal do not.  Crystal does include them on the River Cruises (some not all) and similarly on other vessels such as the new expedition ship.  Either way you end up paying for them and while some like them included others prefer ones that are not included or like to do it privately so for them it's not worth including it in the cruise fare. 

Keith

30 minutes ago, Keith1010 said:

Regent does but luxury lines Seabourn, Silversea and Crystal do not

It’s a whole new world out there...

Silversea are including shorex as part of their version of “all inclusive” from March 2022 

Source: https://www.silversea.com/about-silversea/press-releases/2020/november/silversea-cruises-becomes-more-all-inclusive-than-ever.html

Posted (edited)
On 3/19/2021 at 11:59 AM, crickette said:

It looks like they have relaxed the shore activities options...in Crystal Clean 4.1 as posted on Crystal website on 3/18! Of course this only applies to the Bahamas now.

Click on Crystal Clean +, then Ocean, then scroll down to ALLIES ASHORE and click to expand it.

Edited by mskatiemae