Cruise history spreadsheets

BillOh

In this absence of cruising I was afraid I would start to forget my cruise history.  I do have it here in my CC signature, which I know most of you are happy to know you can hide it now, but I'm glad its there.   I've been in IT since the original IBM/PC in hardware support, so I am familiar with spreadsheets having worked in Lotus123, Visicalc, Quatro Pro, and Excel for years now.  But my knowledge of speadsheets has been just enough to help me with hardware troubleshooting,  my ability to use is minimal.

I decided to put as much cruise data into a spreadsheet so I can reference when I want.  I've created  a basic spreadsheet to include   date, ship, class of ship, home port, number of days, and each port of call. I know there are more tricks I could use, but have forgotten what I learned.   Anyone else do this?  If it doesn't contain any private info, I'd like to look at a few. I can post mine, which I think I will do to this message.   All of mine have been on Royal Caribbean, so I don't have a category for cruise line.  (I thought I might do Celebrity this year, but you know what happened there! ) This is Excel 2016 for the PC,  My Mac knowledge is ancient, so I assume Mac Excel users can't open this.

cruisehistory.xlsx

• Like 1

I have gone a bit more sophisticated with mine😃.

There are some 'interesting' formulas (which I blagged off the internet) for counting days sailed, loyalty points and levels etc..

Steve Cruise History redacted.xlsx

I do have another which we use for individual cruises for keeping track of our bar-bill and other spends, though it has grown to cover other stuff as well - that is too personal to post here.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 3/12/2021 at 9:07 AM, SteveH2508 said:

There are some 'interesting' formulas (which I blagged off the internet) for counting days sailed, loyalty points and levels etc..

Steve Cruise History redacted.xlsx 33.68 kB · 2 downloads

I do have another which we use for individual cruises for keeping track of our bar-bill and other spends, though it has grown to cover other stuff as well - that is too personal to post here.

Thanks, I'll look at those formulas and techniques.

Congratulations on keeping track of your adventures. Kind of wish we had kept up with ours, but I abandoned it a number of years ago. Now when asked, How many times have you sailed to Juneau, Cabo, Cozumel, St Thomas or Barcelona?, I answer; less than 50 times.  Though I’m not sure that Cozumel might not be over that number. 😀

• Like 1

Another thing i find good about a list on holidays, is to jog one's memory and looking for photos,,, as once goes back many years it was all the photos were on film.... have been trying to go backwards on the list....

And and now using car log books    my grandfather start this , then my dad, and now me,  and one records every time you fill the car with fuel and where you are and if you have been somewhere out of the city.... and still do today....

Don

• 2 months later...
On 3/12/2021 at 9:07 AM, SteveH2508 said:

Steve Cruise History redacted.xlsx 33.68 kB · 12 downloads

I really like your spreadsheet. I just have a list on my Notes right now. I do notice that you are on the Zuiderdam with me next february. I call it my snorkel fest and cant wait!

• 1 month later...

This is a neat way of organizing it all. Sadly I can’t remember specific dates or prices for pretty much any cruise in the past but I’ll probably do it in the future. 

• 3 weeks later...

I've had a spreadsheet record for the entire time we have sailed.

A good way to research the ports of call and cabin numbers to refer to.

On 3/12/2021 at 6:07 AM, SteveH2508 said:

Steve Cruise History redacted.xlsx 33.68 kB · 28 downloads

Thank you @SteveH2508 this is great. I really appreciate everyone for sharing your knowledge and actual spreadsheets. 🙏❤️