MSC and Me APP

Hangman115

Looked in search and found nothing

I have read MSC has an APP called MSC and Me. A way to prepare one for their sailing. My question is about the APP and the MSC Divina. My next three sailings are booked on the MSC Divinia. But it seems the Divina does not use the MSC an Me APP. Any idea if or when the Divina mat get access to the MSC APP?

If you can hang on for a few days, I just reached out today to Senior Management in Marine Operations to ask that very question for our group sailing in October. I will let you know what they say. I would think that the Divina would have to have it for contact tracing for the new safety protocols.

Bret

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

The MSC for Me app is only available for guests traveling on MSC Meraviglia, MSC Seaside, MSC Seaview, MSC Bellissima, MSC Grandiosa and the MSC Magnifica.

Coming soon for MSC Virtuosa and MSC Seashore by this year and no further plans to expand the app to the other vessels as we speak. If needed, contact tracing will be done by the 'MSC whristbands' 

Edited by Maikell

46 minutes ago, Maikell said:

The MSC for Me app is only available for guests traveling on MSC Meraviglia, MSC Seaside, MSC Seaview, MSC Bellissima, MSC Grandiosa and the MSC Magnifica.

Coming soon for MSC Virtuosa and MSC Seashore by this year and no further plans to expand the app to the other vessels as we speak. If needed, contact tracing will be done by the 'MSC whristbands' 

How can the older ships use wristbands ? do they currently have the technology onboard to do so ?

4 minutes ago, sidari said:

How can the older ships use wristbands ? do they currently have the technology onboard to do so ?

They certainly didn't have. When it was first introduced there was talk of it being fitted retrospectively to the other ships but then no further mention since. Perhaps they've been doing so whilst they've not been sailing?

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, sidari said:

Thats right! @CruisingFox27

"The whristbands will be rolled out along the line’s nine remaining ships in its 11-ship building program over the next 10 years. MSC will also retrofit its 12 existing ships with the technology soon."

I good chance that, due the pandemic, it had a steady roll out on the existing ships.

Edited by Maikell