Adventure of the Seas from Barcelona

Wife and I are booked on a b2b in September out of Barca. The cruises are a mixture of 4 and 5 nights going to France, Italy and Majorca. However looking at the first cruise leaving in early June it appears that no grand suites have been booked. No way of telling at this stage but I do wonder if they’ll cancel the whole season if bookings are very poor throughout the season. 

5 hours ago, scottraveller said:

Wife and I are booked on a b2b in September out of Barca. The cruises are a mixture of 4 and 5 nights going to France, Italy and Majorca. However looking at the first cruise leaving in early June it appears that no grand suites have been booked. No way of telling at this stage but I do wonder if they’ll cancel the whole season if bookings are very poor throughout the season. 

Unless bookings are extremely poor for the entire season individual sailings wont be cancelled.  Once sailings actually resume bookings will take off...look at how popular the bookings for Odyssey have been

• Like 1

Checked most of the cruises from June to Sept (both 4 night and 5 night) and there are no grand suites booked apart from mine in September. Doesn’t look promising. If that’s consistent with the other cabins I certainly can’t see them running them but time will tell. They’re also very expensive with a 4 night grand suite at £4K 

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, scottraveller said:

Checked most of the cruises from June to Sept (both 4 night and 5 night) and there are no grand suites booked apart from mine in September. Doesn’t look promising. If that’s consistent with the other cabins I certainly can’t see them running them but time will tell. They’re also very expensive with a 4 night grand suite at £4K 

DANG! 😳 That's probably your answer right there. I don't know many people who would pay a thousand dollars per night, let alone a thousand pounds, for a Grand. 

Edited by la_croisiere_s'amuse

3 hours ago, scottraveller said:

Thought I’d check again in case I was seeing things with £4K for a four night cruise. Checked August and it’s an eye watering £5386 excluding tips

Whoa!! I paid less than that for a 7-night on Celebrity, in a Royal Suite. With a butler. 😮 

I sure hope this isn't indicative of the "new normal" ... 😕

Posted (edited)

The real reason the suites are so high priced is because the cruiseline knows those cruises are going to get canceled and if the prices were crazy low right now people would be booking them and then when the cruises are canceled they would be Lift and Shifting them to 2022 with extremely low prices.......

People have done that in 2020 for 2021 cruises and Royal Caribbean doesn't want to see that again...........where they are losing money on all those high priced cabins...

They have been there and done that !    🙂

Edited by Jimbo

17 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

The real reason the suites are so high priced is because the cruiseline knows those cruises are going to get canceled and if the prices were crazy low right now people would be booking them and then when the cruises are canceled they would be Lift and Shifting them to 2022 with extremely low prices.......

People have done that in 2020 for 2021 cruises and Royal Caribbean doesn't want to see that again...........where they are losing money on all those high priced cabins...

They have been there and done that !    🙂

Ohhh, that makes sense! Not to mention that it makes me feel better about my future in mid-level suites. 😉

• Like 1