EDGE Iconic Suite Day Dreaming

Posted (edited)

Just curious if anyone here on CC has sailed in the Iconic Suite?  I have watched a few video tours and OMG it looks truly amazing.  As the title says, day dreaming...but if you have stayed, did you think it was worth the cost, would you do it again?

Edited by LGW59

I would love to hear responses.  Love the Penthouse on the M class ship.  Have sailed in it 4 times with 2 more booked. Thinking about a big splurge to sail in this suite.  Huge expense and love the size of the M class ships.  The S class ship Penthouse is not interesting to me. Small verandah after being spoiled by the M class.

3 minutes ago, goldsmip115 said:

I would love to hear responses.  Love the Penthouse on the M class ship.  Have sailed in it 4 times with 2 more booked. Thinking about a big splurge to sail in this suite.  Huge expense and love the size of the M class ships.  The S class ship Penthouse is not interesting to me. Small verandah after being spoiled by the M class.

Would be a BIG splurge indeed!  Thus far it has been an S3 on EDGE for me, which I LOVED.  Hoping to jump up to a RS in 2022, if all goes as planned.  Iconic is of course a dream, just curious as to thoughts/comments of those of have sailed in it.  

9 hours ago, LGW59 said:

Just curious if anyone here on CC has sailed in the Iconic Suite?  I have watched a few video tours and OMG it looks truly amazing.  As the title says, day dreaming...but if you have stayed, did you think it was worth the cost, would you do it again?

Great topic!  I really want to know too....

14 hours ago, LGW59 said:

Would be a BIG splurge indeed!  Thus far it has been an S3 on EDGE for me, which I LOVED.  Hoping to jump up to a RS in 2022, if all goes as planned.  Iconic is of course a dream, just curious as to thoughts/comments of those of have sailed in it.  

Our biggest splurge was a royal suite , would need to hit the lotto for iconic suite , did love the royal suite have another booked next year on a older ship.

14 hours ago, Sam.Seattle said:

Great topic!  I really want to know too....

We will split it with you and 12 of our dearest friends, currently going for about $60K 😲🤑

31 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

We will split it with you and 12 of our dearest friends, currently going for about $60K 😲🤑

I am booked B2B April 2022 in a Villa week 1 and then the Iconic Suite Week 2.  

Maybe we can create a sub-topic group of Iconic Suite Dreamers?

Email me:   sam.seattle@yahoo.com

26 minutes ago, Sam.Seattle said:

Thanks, just sent you an email.

On 3/13/2021 at 6:57 PM, ChucktownSteve said:

Is this the third or fourth time you've started this thread over time?

The second, but who is counting, you apparently.  First was asking about IS, PH, EV and RS.  This one narrowed it down to specifically IS, which I booked.  

On 3/14/2021 at 3:32 PM, Sam.Seattle said:

2 hours ago, LGW59 said:

The second, but who is counting, you apparently.  First was asking about IS, PH, EV and RS.  This one narrowed it down to specifically IS, which I booked.  

I would love to hear about the voyages / see pictures, etc so feel free to share your experiences.  Wish you a cruise of a lifetime 🙂

7 minutes ago, Shadow9612 said:

I would love to hear about the voyages / see pictures, etc so feel free to share your experiences.  Wish you a cruise of a lifetime 🙂

Thank you, it will for sure be the tri[p of a lifetime.  After COVID changed so many plans we just figured, WTH, just do it, so we did it,  It is a way off but we will definitely share when the time comes. Thank you

Just now, LGW59 said:

Thank you, it will for sure be the tri[p of a lifetime.  After COVID changed so many plans we just figured, WTH, just do it, so we did it,  It is a way off but we will definitely share when the time comes. Thank you

I was just reading the other thread about these suites, and wanted to ask you if you in fact won the Powerball that TeeRick was talking about.  😉

1 minute ago, Shadow9612 said:

I was just reading the other thread about these suites, and wanted to ask you if you in fact won the Powerball that TeeRick was talking about.  😉

HA HA, i so wish, but no we did not.  With our 2020 cruise and land vacations cancelled, then 2021 as well, we just decided to do something luxurious and pool those funds to do this. 

Just now, LGW59 said:

HA HA, i so wish, but no we did not.  With our 2020 cruise and land vacations cancelled, then 2021 as well, we just decided to do something luxurious and pool those funds to do this. 

Makes total sense for sure.  I am sure it will be fabulous!

Too bad though about the Powerball!  (Cuz I was going to ask you to tag along if that was the case! Lolol 😂😃)

Too bad though about the Powerball!  (Cuz I was going to ask you to tag along if that was the case! Lolol 😂😃)

i ask my magic 8 ball all the time about this, he is very stubborn.  I really need to wash that man out of my hair and soon!

On 3/13/2021 at 1:54 PM, LGW59 said:

l - suffice it to say that I have not sailed in one, in fact I have yet to see one from the outside, even.

I did meet a couple who were in one on The Edge at our Macallan tasting... close but no cigar...LOL

bon voyage

Posted (edited)

I always wondered if anyone would book an IC on X because that kind of money, almost gets you into nice private yacht territory, it certainly gets you into a small private yacht.  I figured they would be mostly used by X for VIP's,  mostly business related VIPs. 

Edited by rmalbers
On 3/13/2021 at 12:54 PM, LGW59 said:

Just curious if anyone here on CC has sailed in the Iconic Suite? 

I looked at an Iconic Suite's price once.  I decided I could buy a Corvette instead.  😁

Just priced a 7 day Caribbean  on the Apex in a IS.  The refundable deposit was $1K, a pittance of the total cost of $68.9k for 2.  $10k per day😳  I think a RS is the most we are willing to pay for.  

6 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Just priced a 7 day Caribbean  on the Apex in a IS.  The refundable deposit was $1K, a pittance of the total cost of $68.9k for 2.  $10k per day😳  I think a RS is the most we are willing to pay for.  

Whoa, $68.9 for 7 days!  Ours is 12 nights from Rome to Greece, Turkey, Israel, Oct 2022, FAR less than that, approx $5200 per day for 2.

You got a relative bargain😉. I noticed that the refundable deposit on yours was $3k plus vs $1k on the 7 N.  No logic to pricing.  

Enjoy your IS.  For us a RS is a big indulgence and would prefer 3 -4 cruises in a RS compared to 1 IS.