Jump to content

Will X Cancel All Europe Cruises For 2021?


Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, SummmerInKefalonia said:

Celebrity Apex today was listed in the official 2021 cruise schedule at the port of Piraeus Athens.

From the 9th of July 2021 until early September will be homeported in Piraeus offering 7-night itineraries.

Interesting but nothing official from Celebrity about the move or any listing on their website. The current Summer Apex cruises of Barcelona to Rome still shows on website.

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

Interesting but nothing official from Celebrity about the move or any listing on their website. The current Summer Apex cruises of Barcelona to Rome still shows on website.

The way Europe is closing down coupled with the disastrous vaccination progress, I don't think there is any hope of international travel for holiday purposes this year. Airlines are cancelling flights left right and centre at the moment for the holiday season, IATA predicts it will be 2023 before it recovers.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I suspect that even if Celebrity is planning on shifting Apex to Athens that they will space out the change until after they get past the St Martin flood of bookings. So I'm guessing that they won't announce for at least a week, and then take bookings in two weeks or something like that. I'm also guessing that they will be Greek Isles cruises or something similar that minimize the number of countries involved. Especially as Greece appears to be more eager than most in Europe to open.

 

I'm like most others here that has a cruise booked (Reflection transatlantic from Rome), and just wished they would cancel as I'm ready to move on. I just don't see it happening at this point.

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, BigAl94 said:

The way Europe is closing down coupled with the disastrous vaccination progress, I don't think there is any hope of international travel for holiday purposes this year. Airlines are cancelling flights left right and centre at the moment for the holiday season, IATA predicts it will be 2023 before it recovers.

BigAl,

Perhaps the UK will be open due to its success with vaccinations and we could plan a trip there (we love touring the UK and want to spend a week in Cornwall and another in London) with a TA back home in Fall 2022.

Link to post
Share on other sites

From what I had seen until today, it was supposed to be the Celebrity Eclipse that was gonna do these cruises. But today they changed it to Apex. Take all of these with a grain of salt because things are really tentative. They could change it again anytime. They are still trying to figure out how to do the start depending on the current situation. Also with Piraeus Athens as a homeport we can see new 2021 bookings from MSC with Fantasia and Silversea with Silver Moon that have not yet being announced. The weather here in Greece is a good factor they take into consideration for the start up. Let's see how it will turn out. I'm really curious if this start up is gonna be successful or eventually fail...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Celebrity: June 1, 2021.

 

Sailings in Asia, Australia, New Zealand and South America are canceled for the 2020-2021 season.

 

In addition: The May 1 Transatlantic crossing on Apex; May through October 2021 Europe and transatlantic cruises on Celebrity Edge and Celebrity Constellation will also be suspended.

 

Voyages aboard Celebrity Millennium will begin from St. Maarten on June 5, 2021

 

Make of this what you will. Celebrity's input to a Cruise Critic article on cruise lines returning to service. I see no Europe cruising through October 2021.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gcorgain said:

I suspect that even if Celebrity is planning on shifting Apex to Athens that they will space out the change until after they get past the St Martin flood of bookings. So I'm guessing that they won't announce for at least a week, and then take bookings in two weeks or something like that. I'm also guessing that they will be Greek Isles cruises or something similar that minimize the number of countries involved. Especially as Greece appears to be more eager than most in Europe to open.

 

I'm like most others here that has a cruise booked (Reflection transatlantic from Rome), and just wished they would cancel as I'm ready to move on. I just don't see it happening at this point.

I'm booked on Reflection for July and hoping X makes a decision soon.....after all she's still in Barbados right ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 4774Papa said:

BigAl,

Perhaps the UK will be open due to its success with vaccinations and we could plan a trip there (we love touring the UK and want to spend a week in Cornwall and another in London) with a TA back home in Fall 2022.

I don't mean to sound blunt but if fully vaccinated English residents can't travel you haven't a chance of visiting!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BigAl94 said:

I don't mean to sound blunt but if fully vaccinated English residents can't travel you haven't a chance of visiting!

BigAl,

I am opining about the Fall of 2022, which is a year and an half from now.  I would expect the USA will open up to UK residents as well as other countries like Israel, the UAE and others that reach herd immunity.   Why wouldn't the UK allow tourists from countries that have vaccinated the vast majority of their people?    

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, 4774Papa said:

BigAl,

I am opining about the Fall of 2022, which is a year and an half from now.  I would expect the USA will open up to UK residents as well as other countries like Israel, the UAE and others that reach herd immunity.   Why wouldn't the UK allow tourists from countries that have vaccinated the vast majority of their people?    

Depends upon the disease incidence rate in those countries majority vaccinated or not, as well as the presence of variants.  Several different considerations in addition to percentage vaccinated.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s official ,received my letter from Celebrity, my September 30 Apex is cancelled .

I can lift and shift ,which I did. Now rebooked October 2022 on the Edge 

Sad, but not unexpected,and glad to know in advance 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Nancycat said:

It’s official ,received my letter from Celebrity, my September 30 Apex is cancelled .

I can lift and shift ,which I did. Now rebooked October 2022 on the Edge 

Sad, but not unexpected,and glad to know in advance 

Thanks for sharing this, as I think it bodes well as to if they know a cruise will not happen, they are cancelling before FP.  Hopefully it will be the same experience for other cruisers as well.

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

Thanks for sharing this, as I think it bodes well as to if they know a cruise will not happen, they are cancelling before FP.  Hopefully it will be the same experience for other cruisers as well.

I'm hoping you're right and that X will cancel my July British Isles before FP due May 1st.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ashland said:

I'm hoping you're right and that X will cancel my July British Isles before FP due May 1st.

Certainly hope so!  I had an Aug 2021 Europe cruise booked, I cancelled it several months ago and moved the deposit to an Oct 2022 cruise.  Yesterday, I received an email from Celebrity informing me my Aug 2021 cruise was cancelled, I had the standard options, FCC, refund, book within specific date range.  There is nothing to FCC, refund or L&S...LOL kind of, but not really.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LGW59 said:

 Yesterday, I received an email from Celebrity informing me my Aug 2021 cruise was cancelled, I had the standard options, FCC, refund, book within specific date range.  There is nothing to FCC, refund or L&S...LOL kind of, but not really.

What cruise was this?  We are on the Infinity Aug. 9, 2021 from Venice to Barcelona.  I had to lift and shift to this cruise from the Connie in Oct. 2021 that was canceled.  Hope this Aug. 9 cruise is canceled and that I would be able to L&S again to the Connie in Oct. 2022.  I had a lot of promos when I L&S to the Infinity.  Maybe they will let me do it again to Oct. 2022.  Also I only have a $25 per person deposit.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CarolRoy said:

What cruise was this?  We are on the Infinity Aug. 9, 2021 from Venice to Barcelona.  I had to lift and shift to this cruise from the Connie in Oct. 2021 that was canceled.  Hope this Aug. 9 cruise is canceled and that I would be able to L&S again to the Connie in Oct. 2022.  I had a lot of promos when I L&S to the Infinity.  Maybe they will let me do it again to Oct. 2022.  Also I only have a $25 per person deposit.  

APEX, Aug 28, 2021, Spain, Malta and Greek Islands.  I cancelled it though, not Celebrity, just moved the deposit to Oct. 2022

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 3/23/2021 at 7:39 PM, BigAl94 said:

I don't mean to sound blunt but if fully vaccinated English residents can't travel you haven't a chance of visiting!

Not quite correct. UK opens for domestic holidays from 12 April. We have a holiday booked in Cornwall in late May and another late June and to Spain in September. Another announcement will be made on 5 April. Overseas travel could be permitted from 17 May. Things change. Our holiday to Canada and Alaska has been cancelled.

Edited by zap99
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, CarolRoy said:

What cruise was this?  We are on the Infinity Aug. 9, 2021 from Venice to Barcelona.  I had to lift and shift to this cruise from the Connie in Oct. 2021 that was canceled.  Hope this Aug. 9 cruise is canceled and that I would be able to L&S again to the Connie in Oct. 2022.  I had a lot of promos when I L&S to the Infinity.  Maybe they will let me do it again to Oct. 2022.  Also I only have a $25 per person deposit.  

We are on the Infinity Sept 9 from Barcelona to Lisbon and so far it has NOT been canceled. I have looked at 2022 and Celebrity does not have this same or even similar itinerary and we  hope this cruse sails. We also have many promos not available now and would hate to lose. We booked under the 4 promo deal last year that included Premium Drinks, free gratuities, free WIFI and a $200 OBC.

Edited by terrydtx
Link to post
Share on other sites

I had 2 B2B on the Apex around Italy, France and the Med starting 24 July.  Just had confirmation yesterday they have cancelled those and transferred the itineraries over for same dates and cabin to a Greek Island cruise, B2B, starting from Athens, then Cyprus, Rhodes and a few Greek Islands. The next week a similar itinerary but also 2 ports in Israel which will be interesting.

 

I will miss my Med ports of call, but equally our cruise on the Apex is all go, plus I get to see Israel (where I wouldn't normally go), and some lovely Greek Islands. Some details on my planner, but a bit mixed up with old/new details and I cannot book anything as yet, re trips etc, but at least I know what is happening.

 

Quite excited now!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe now that Apex has been decided they will turn their attention to Infinity sailings in the Med this summer. I'd love to know whether my BTB (already moved twice) is going to sail and if so, with the same or a different itinerary.  Honestly I'd rather kick it forward again, but due to a very good price/perks I'm letting it ride for now. However I'm too uncertain to do any planning...

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

Maybe now that Apex has been decided they will turn their attention to Infinity sailings in the Med this summer. I'd love to know whether my BTB (already moved twice) is going to sail and if so, with the same or a different itinerary.  Honestly I'd rather kick it forward again, but due to a very good price/perks I'm letting it ride for now. However I'm too uncertain to do any planning...

We are in the same situation as you, B2B twice moved from Connie now on Infinity departing on September 19th, I really hope these cruises sail! Recently booked the airfare to Malaga to have 3 days with family, then flying to Portugal to join the ship and return flight from Portugal to U.K. Dianne

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cruisemom42 said:

Maybe now that Apex has been decided they will turn their attention to Infinity sailings in the Med this summer. I'd love to know whether my BTB (already moved twice) is going to sail and if so, with the same or a different itinerary.  Honestly I'd rather kick it forward again, but due to a very good price/perks I'm letting it ride for now. However I'm too uncertain to do any planning...

 

We are in the same situation, we have an Aug 9th sailing on the Infinity our of Barcelona and would love to know any information about that cruise. We also rebooked this cruise twice with some great perks we do not want to lose. X is not doing this itinerary in 2022.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

We are in the same situation, we have an Aug 9th sailing on the Infinity our of Barcelona and would love to know any information about that cruise. We also rebooked this cruise twice with some great perks we do not want to lose. X is not doing this itinerary in 2022.

 

Mine are late-ish August. I had to look hard to find two itineraries on Infinity that were different BTB. She has a large swathe of fall itineraries that are the same, voyage after voyage. :classic_dry:

 

I wasn't really happy about the August dates (prefer later fall) and to be honest these itineraries are okay but nowhere near the first itinerary I picked on Connie, or even the second one (not as good as the first)....

 

I am not a Celebrity-only cruiser and I have many Med cruises already in my wake. At this point all I ask is a decent, non-repeating itinerary on a decent ship and I am happy to go back. A couple of new stops would be gravy.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

 

Mine are late-ish August. I had to look hard to find two itineraries on Infinity that were different BTB. She has a large swathe of fall itineraries that are the same, voyage after voyage. :classic_dry:

 

I wasn't really happy about the August dates (prefer later fall) and to be honest these itineraries are okay but nowhere near the first itinerary I picked on Connie, or even the second one (not as good as the first)....

 

I am not a Celebrity-only cruiser and I have many Med cruises already in my wake. At this point all I ask is a decent, non-repeating itinerary on a decent ship and I am happy to go back. A couple of new stops would be gravy.

 

In post post above I was wrong about the date, we depart Barcelona on Sept 9th, not August 9th.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: American Queen Steamboat Company
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com - June 2021
      • ICYM Our Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Explore the Remote World with Hurtigruten!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...