OBCs

RetroRod

We have sailed a number of times with many of the main stream and luxury lines. We are sailing on Regent for the first time in 2022. The travel company we use has always given OBCs  as soon as the cruise was booked and it was reflected on the invoice as a member benefit from the travel company. The invoice for the Regent cruise has no OBCs listed. We have a new TA and when I asked about the OBCs she said “they” are slow in giving OBCs especially during the COVID pandemic. I asked who “they” were and was told Regent. So my question is does Regent currently control/give all OBCs? I did a search and found some info on OBCs but nothing that specifically addresses my question. Thanks in advance. 

Hmmm, there are a variety of OBCs you can get. Some are from Regent and it would say in the cruise description/offer...that x amount of obc is included. That should show up immediately when you book. 

Then there are OBCs given by the TA....that might be different and show up at one point (sooner than later). Those are controlled by the TA

There there are credits via Consortiums (usually show up directly when booking or sometimes are added later)

Then there are OBCs you get via Regent when us use certain credit cards like Amex Plat...those have to be applied for via the TA and then they show up. 

But if they come directly from Regent, they should also show up immediately.

1 hour ago, Gcto said:

Hmmm, there are a variety of OBCs you can get. Some are from Regent and it would say in the cruise description/offer...that x amount of obc is included. That should show up immediately when you book. 

Then there are OBCs given by the TA....that might be different and show up at one point (sooner than later). Those are controlled by the TA

There there are credits via Consortiums (usually show up directly when booking or sometimes are added later)

Then there are OBCs you get via Regent when us use certain credit cards like Amex Plat...those have to be applied for via the TA and then they show up. 

And for Ambassador referrals?

22 minutes ago, govanguy said:

If I remember correctly, those would show up once the other party (the referred one) has booked and paid in full. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, govanguy said:

For Ambassador referrals it is a good idea to get the name and email of who ever is using you as a referral once they have submitted the form. I then forward that info to my TA and she calls and asks Regent about it and makes sure it is credited to my account. Very rarely has it appeared automatically.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Gcto said:

Gcto, Thanks for your answer. Very helpful.