Enchantment or Grandeur JS cabins on deck 8

We've only stayed in JS on GR (7x), EN (2x) and Vision (1x)  and our preferred location is midship but, honestly we have never had a major issue with noise.  Just the morning moving around of chairs sometimes and carts rolling overhead, but honestly, it doesn't wake us up. We also do not sleep in past 7 usually.  The noisiest cabin we ever had was one right off the centrum because we heard the music and people opening and shutting the doors that are supposed to block some of the noise. But, none of it has ever really bothered us.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

8110  through    8130     

8610   through   8630

Is the solarium pool right above those? I’m a very light sleeper. 

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, LorraineP said:

Is the solarium pool right above those? I’m a very light sleeper. 

Solarium pool and hot tubs are more in the middle of the deck............you won't hear a thing.

You could move a little farther toward the aft and be over Park Cafe

Edited by Jimbo

8 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Solarium pool and hot tubs are more in the middle of the deck............you won't hear a thing.

You could move a little farther toward the aft and be over Park Cafe

Would that be quieter?  8124 is open for both cruises. Should I take that or move back with Park Cafe above. 

2 hours ago, LorraineP said:

Would that be quieter?  8124 is open for both cruises. Should I take that or move back with Park Cafe above. 

Looks fine to me, should be quiet there.

Posted (edited)

Just watch out for the ones with the stripper poles in them.

Also, avoid 8114 and 8614. They are directly under the restrooms on the pool deck, both have poles in them, and the poles sound like they’re the sewage outflow pipes from the restrooms.

Edited by orville99

7 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Just watch out for the ones with the stripper poles in them.

By luck I did research & was able to find that 8124 does have stripper pole. Searched for 8650 & 8652 & couldn’t find whether or not they did. 

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, LorraineP said:

By luck I did research & was able to find that 8124 does have stripper pole. Searched for 8650 & 8652 & couldn’t find whether or not they did. 

Don’t know about poles, but they’re under the seating area of the Park Cafe, so they can be noisy when people are dragging chairs around on the tile floor above you. We used to sail Enchantment a lot, and our favorite JS was 8596 or 8096. They’re both midship, no poles, and they’re next to the panoramic ocean view cabins so the aft wall of the balcony is solid. 

Edited by orville99

4 hours ago, orville99 said:

Don’t know about poles, but they’re under the seating area of the Park Cafe, so they can be noisy when people are dragging chairs around on the tile floor above you. We used to sail Enchantment a lot, and our favorite JS was 8596 or 8096. They’re both midship, no poles, and they’re next to the panoramic ocean view cabins so the aft wall of the balcony is solid. 

I booked 8652 hoping I made the right decision & no stripper pole. This is for B2B so it was difficult finding same cabin for both cruises. It’s not until March 2022 so more desirable cabins may open. Thank you for your help.