Virgin Voyages to require all crew, passengers to be vaccinated for COVID-19 on all cruises

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, garymfreedman said:

Looks like cruising will resume this summer, as Virgin is already requiring a higher vaccination standard than the CDC:

https://news.yahoo.com/cruise-travel-could-resume-july-152823505.html

My favourite ship in that photo.... and the starting point of my first ever cruise on her. Happy memories..... as you can probably tell be my profile photo at the same place with Silver wind! My Office window in the photo too. Gutted when we got moved 2 years ago. It was awesome seeing Silver Wind and Silver Cloud docked outside my office! 

Edited by les37b
On 4/29/2021 at 2:05 PM, garymfreedman said:

Looks like cruising will resume this summer, as Virgin is already requiring a higher vaccination standard than the CDC:

https://news.yahoo.com/cruise-travel-could-resume-july-152823505.html

Uh, yeah, but I had my July booking cancelled.

Love my UK brothers, but would like Virgin to shutdown their little British Experiment and bring the Scarlet Lady back to Miami and honor the July bookings...pretty please!

3 hours ago, CroozFanatic said:

Uh, yeah, but I had my July booking cancelled.

Love my UK brothers, but would like Virgin to shutdown their little British Experiment and bring the Scarlet Lady back to Miami and honor the July bookings...pretty please!

Haha.... Sorry.

Obviously everything takes time to plan and these "little experiment" cruises were put together because the UK gave the window to do so, whilst the US indicated it would be November at the earliest.

Look on the bright side. By the time it arrives all the gremlins should be sorted.

Interesting how NOW the other cruise lines are saying they are going to require vaccines, when Virgin has been saying that for awhile now.. Nice to see port of miami on the early list of ports requiriing the vaccine for their staff. Will be interesting to see what happens when they all get their 2nd doses, especially the Moderna-Most people in the 20's-40's get sick for 2-4 days after the 2nd shot..

https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/6082/

What is the governor thinking when the quickest way for the cruiselines to comply with the CDC and start cruising is to have all passengers and crew vaccinated and be able to show proof. His new law is completely lame!