Wine with specialty dinner (platinum)

I was wondering what kind of wine they offer for the platinum specialty dinner at Cagney's?  I hope it is better than the sparkling wine they give you at the beginning of the cruise. 

It can vary from ship to ship but I’ve always found it to be pretty good. Way better than the free wine.

The last couple of times we have selected a Prosecco to have back at the cabin. Not bad at all.

11 minutes ago, Sheshefran said:

I was wondering what kind of wine they offer for the platinum specialty dinner at Cagney's?  I hope it is better than the sparkling wine they give you at the beginning of the cruise. 

The wine list seems to change every time we cruise but there's always been sufficient choices to find something acceptable. Just don't expect to see anything but the lowest-end wines from the regular list on the complimentary list. 

7 hours ago, Sheshefran said:

There's a reasonable sized wine list to choose from, about 10-20 wines if I remember right.  We normally choose the organic Merlot from France, a perfectly good wine.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Rob_H said:

There's a reasonable sized wine list to choose from, about 10-20 wines if I remember right.  We normally choose the organic Merlot from France, a perfectly good wine.

Actually a Cabernet Sauvignon, I misremembered...

IMG_20181107_b.jpg.bf97aa8502489afac00cec6a0de3b468.jpg

Edited by Rob_H
fixed photo
  • Like 2

I always get a white zinfandel drink it throughout the cruise a few nights at least. They have an OK selection you can choose from and they will hold your bottle for you to request at different venues or send to you cabin. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, latebloomer56 said:

I always get a white zinfandel drink it throughout the cruise a few nights at least. They have an OK selection you can choose from and they will hold your bottle for you to request at different venues or send to you cabin. 

I like the White Zinfandel too.  If we haven't finished it at dinner, we usually carry the remainder back to our cabin.

Since my DD is not a wine fan I always get the bottle and ask to not have it opened and take it back to the cabin. One time I did have it opened and had them keep it until the next meal. With the beverage package I will definitely be taking it back to the cabin to enjoy.

• Like 1