Jump to content

P&O vaccine update - both jabs required


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, jeanlyon said:

My Smartphone was an absolute godsend in the hospital.  Apart from making calls home and looking at emails from friends, I was able to listen to the radio through headphones and even watch something on the Beeb, all for nothing as there is free wifi in the NHS.

You was lucky our local hospital uses a private company you just get 20 minutes free than you pay

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bazrat said:

You was lucky our local hospital uses a private company you just get 20 minutes free than you pay

Well actually wouldn't have mattered, as I would have just turned on mobile data.  I have a really cheap sim 3p pm for calls, 2p for texts, 1p per mb of data.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

It was the doctor at our local surgery that contacted her that's what's odd. I'm jealous really because we don't know when ours will be😁

Avril

DW has hers in superdrug, Guildford High st on 14 May, I am the week before. I have already told her the handbag shop is closed that day and I spent the money on Britannia 4 night cruise. Fingers crossed She don't find out .🤣

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Well actually wouldn't have mattered, as I would have just turned on mobile data.  I have a really cheap sim 3p pm for calls, 2p for texts, 1p per mb of data.

I'm on a contract. I get loads of gigabytes and worldwide roaming. My blasted phone can roam, but I can't. Sooo unfair.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, zap99 said:

DW has hers in superdrug, Guildford High st on 14 May, I am the week before. I have already told her the handbag shop is closed that day and I spent the money on Britannia 4 night cruise. Fingers crossed She don't find out .🤣

Are they behind in your area,seemed to recall you posting, that you were aged either 67/68 and retired!

 

Just asking!

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, mercury7289 said:

Are they behind in your area,seemed to recall you posting, that you were aged either 67/68 and retired!

 

Just asking!

No quite, 71 thank you very much for asking 🤣. Those dates are for out 2nd jab. 1st was 4&3weeks ago. I think we are about on schedule in the area.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jeanlyon said:

Well actually wouldn't have mattered, as I would have just turned on mobile data.  I have a really cheap sim 3p pm for calls, 2p for texts, 1p per mb of data.

Reminds me when I had my eye operation they actually told me I could use my phone on the ward, than in a&e with my father-in-law no mobile internet inside the building 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bazrat said:

You was lucky our local hospital uses a private company you just get 20 minutes free than you pay

I was in for 7 months in a room on my own. I would have gone mad without WIFI,  Meant I could stay in contact with m family. Visits were very very restricted as I too ill.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bazrat said:

Reminds me when I had my eye operation they actually told me I could use my phone on the ward, than in a&e with my father-in-law no mobile internet inside the building 

There was no phone reception in my room 😬

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

My youngest daughter (52) has just been contacted by our doctor. She has an appointment for her first jab on 25th March, and also for her 2nd on June 17th. When Frank and I had ours we were told they would contact us in 10 to 12 weeks for our 2nd. Strange🤔

Avril

As we're moving forward and learning,improvements are being made on a daily basis,some are quicker than others on the uptake but they all get there in the end.Nearer the time you can phone 119 and ask for the date/time of your 2nd jabs,unless they contact you first.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, WECRUISEUK said:

I didn't realize that,so just to clarify,your saying i can get a basic smartphone(£30-ish)and put my sim card in it and top up with £10 for the next year and no additional charges?An extra £30 as a one off seems ok.

Not sure where wowzz gets his £30 price from, you will need a basic minimum of ram and storage capacity, and the best I found when I was looking for one 2 years ago was £69, my Samsung A20e cost me £135, I  think, and it is OK, but could be better.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

It was the doctor at our local surgery that contacted her that's what's odd. I'm jealous really because we don't know when ours will be😁

Avril

Same here. DH was telephoned by his GP to have his first jab end of January (Pfizer), and told he will be contacted again for his 2nd.

I booked through the NHS website (AstraZ) and had to book both dates together.

I have written a countdown of the weeks for DH so he knows when he needs to start worrying why not contacted.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Would you believe I work for the NHS in an admin role, working from home. Last year as soon as lockdown hit our internet went down and we didn’t get it fixed for 3 weeks. I soon discovered the data on my phone wasn’t a lot when I couldn’t use my home WiFi. Anyway I changed to a sim only deal and have loads of data now(I do have an iPhone but the cheapest there is) 
Today, while working my work IT decided to change the way we log in. Can you believe I had to download an app and scan a QR code to get onto my PC! ! Unbelievable I still can’t get my head round it. What if I didn’t have a smart phone? I phoned my line manager and told her I couldn’t get signed in and she was under the impression this system was only for people with laptops - I have a “proper” PC lugged home from work!

I start at 8am and my two colleagues who also work from home started at 9.30 and 10 - they couldn’t get in either! We were all ready to work one hour later than we should have been! Can’t wait for tomorrow...

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, nosapphire said:

Same here. DH was telephoned by his GP to have his first jab end of January (Pfizer), and told he will be contacted again for his 2nd.

I booked through the NHS website (AstraZ) and had to book both dates together.

I have written a countdown of the weeks for DH so he knows when he needs to start worrying why not contacted.

Just to be clear it was the surgery who rang you not the actual doctor 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

Not sure where wowzz gets his £30 price from, you will need a basic minimum of ram and storage capacity, and the best I found when I was looking for one 2 years ago was £69, my Samsung A20e cost me £135, I  think, and it is OK, but could be better.

John - you don't need to spend anything like £65 if you only want the basics.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/18/2021 at 4:55 PM, wowzz said:

So, you can connect your smartphone to your wifi and download the NHS for free.

Go to 'settings' 'network & internet' 'wifi'

I tried the NHS app.

Three attempts to set up (all my fault - I'm new to this) 2 days waiting for confirmation that I had passed the security checks (they were busy).

Success at last -  logged in, and discovered...... all it does it link you to your GP practice, which I already have online access to.

And in the case of our GP practice, what you are allowed to see is very, very, very limited.

You can order repeat prescription, see when the next medication review is (but not what the review results are) and book GP appointments (but not with the nurse, and not since the first lockdown started).

There is not even a section - anywhere - for vaccinations, flu, covid or otherwise.

No other records available at all.

There is a vast range of online systems for GP practices, they are apparently not compatible with each other, the NHS log-in did surprise me as I thought after going through all that security it might show a bit more information - such as my covid vaccination, carried out at an NHS hub, not the GP surgery.

So in my case, using the current information on the NHS app as proof of vaccination is not going to work unless and until they add a section for vaccinations.

Better not lose that card, then.... sigh.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nosapphire said:

I tried the NHS app.

Three attempts to set up (all my fault - I'm new to this) 2 days waiting for confirmation that I had passed the security checks (they were busy).

Success at last -  logged in, and discovered...... all it does it link you to your GP practice, which I already have online access to.

And in the case of our GP practice, what you are allowed to see is very, very, very limited.

You can order repeat prescription, see when the next medication review is (but not what the review results are) and book GP appointments (but not with the nurse, and not since the first lockdown started).

There is not even a section - anywhere - for vaccinations, flu, covid or otherwise.

No other records available at all.

There is a vast range of online systems for GP practices, they are apparently not compatible with each other, the NHS log-in did surprise me as I thought after going through all that security it might show a bit more information - such as my covid vaccination, carried out at an NHS hub, not the GP surgery.

So in my case, using the current information on the NHS app as proof of vaccination is not going to work unless and until they add a section for vaccinations.

Better not lose that card, then.... sigh.

 

We have taken photos of our vaccination card just in case we lose it!

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have the NHS app installed, not the patient access and it links via your NHS number.


If I look in Your Health, GP HEalth Record, Medicines and then Acute Medicines, It shows my AZ Vaccine from last week as well as other medication going back to 2002.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ann141 said:

We have taken photos of our vaccination card just in case we lose it!

Our vaccination card that was given to us when we had our first jab is useless all it says on it is the date and Pfizer. No name or batch number or anything else.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, majortom10 said:

Our vaccination card that was given to us when we had our first jab is useless all it says on it is the date and Pfizer. No name or batch number or anything else.

Ours has just got the batch number and AZ but no name.However I have a phone appt with my GP tomorrow and will ask her if there will be something in our online medical records to print off 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jmcd1969 said:

I have the NHS app installed, not the patient access and it links via your NHS number.


If I look in Your Health, GP HEalth Record, Medicines and then Acute Medicines, It shows my AZ Vaccine from last week as well as other medication going back to 2002.

 

 

Acute medicines - Mine just says "No records held" (that is on both the GP practice SystmOnline and the GP practice via the NHS app).

 

23 minutes ago, ann141 said:

Ours has just got the batch number and AZ but no name.However I have a phone appt with my GP tomorrow and will ask her if there will be something in our online medical records to print off 

At least our cards have the batch number and our name written on it. DH does have the wrong year, mind - 2022. 🙃

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with Barbara Muckermann, CMO Silversea Cruises
      • ICYM Our Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Explore the Remote World with Hurtigruten!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...