Vaccine requirement indication

Stu UK

Cunard’s sister brand in the UK, P&O, is requiring passengers to have both Covid vaccine doses to board on its UK staycation cruises. I’m guessing Cunard will have same protocol. 

P&O website FAQ’s also updated - bottom of the page via next link. 

https://www.pocruises.com/cruise-with-confidence

Edited by Stu UK

I shall be interested to hear/see what their ( P&O) ' Approved form of Evidence' will be.   At the moment we don't have proof to hand that we have had the vaccination, other that our little appointment card - and these are already open to fraud ( available on google - same as those lanyards for those unable/ or won't  wear a mask) 

It's going to take some time for an official certificate that is recognised world wide. 😷

• Like 1

So as expected, it's all coastal cruising except for an overnight in Liverpool.

It seems that children won't be able to cruise either seeing as they don't have vaccines yet. I'm thinking they may have to change that to give them a test instead.

1 hour ago, Bell Boy said:

I shall be interested to hear/see what their ( P&O) ' Approved form of Evidence' will be.   At the moment we don't have proof to hand that we have had the vaccination, other that our little appointment card - and these are already open to fraud ( available on google - same as those lanyards for those unable/ or won't  wear a mask) 

It's going to take some time for an official certificate that is recognised world wide. 😷

Saga, the first line to insist on vaccination said it will take the UK appointments card. For their demographics that is sensible as by the time they sail all their demographics will have been offered 2 doses of vaccine and 95% will have taken it. Why get a fake when you can be vaccinated for free.

For Cunard and P&O, if they insist on two doses plus 2 weeks, then they will have to limit the ages they take.  If they know the starting dates they will know who will be vaccinated. 

1 hour ago, Bell Boy said:

At the moment we don't have proof to hand that we have had the vaccination, other that our little appointment card

As our appointments were made by phone we don't even have that. And I'm sure we're not alone.

Edited by Colin_Cameron

31 minutes ago, Colin_Cameron said:

As our appointments were made by phone we don't even have that. And I'm sure we're not alone.

My appointments were made online but I was given a Vaccination Card yesterday when I had the first jab. The card shows my name, the name of the vaccine, the batch number and the date it was given. There is also a further section to record the details of the second jab which is due to be given on 4 June.

• Like 2

I would imagine that once the mechanism and methods for security assurance have been fully worked out there will be some announcement of how the vaccine passports will work. There was due to be an announcement this morning by Von der Leyen concerning EU "Green Digital Certificates" which will become the EU vaccine passports. I expect there will be something analogous developed in the UK - but I also imagine that there would not be any announcement until a workable and secure system is in place.  It would have to either be based on travel agent or check-in staff access to a secure database containing the central information that contains the vaccination status of the whole population, or a card along the lines of a driving licence with security built in. However since this would need to be updated at least once a year it would be more likely to be based on a secure database system where updates are done as any change to vaccines administered would have to be added to the data. Since the health of the passengers, and the cost to the cruise company would depend on having passengers who are not at risk of becoming severely ill, this will be an obvious and urgent focus for cruise lines as a safe restart to cruising will depend strongly on bringing this in, and I am sure they will already be working on how the details would be implemented.  It is also clear that having unvaccinated passengers presents a risk to those passengers whilst on board - so having a valid medical reason for not being vaccinated would not reduce the risk to those people - so it would be an unacceptable risk to any passengers on board who are not vaccinated, whether for valid medical reasons or any other reason - so I would expect that there would not be any exclusions, even though it means that those people would be unable to go on cruises.

your vaccines linked to your NHS number - either an agreement is reached that this can be accessed (though that would be a privacy issue) or they will have to follow Hurtigrutens example for exploration cruises  and have your GP actually sign you as fit

We were given cards linked to a batch number - The vaccination passport itself though will have to use your NHS record so perhaps they can rush through some legal method to get past the privacy part..

Just cant wait to book

Re the ? about children and perhaps tests instead as its too early - reading the P&O list of FAQ I think its quite clear its vaccinated only and no exceptions (even exempts)

Curious to see Fred Olsens also listed a whole lot of UK cruises but dont appear to have listed any policy at all re vaccine or port stops..

5 hours ago, Bell Boy said:

I am waiting to see what the technologically impaired who do not have fancy I phones, tablets and whatever they are called these days and instead still have the pay as you go track phones in American money or in my fathers case a doro phone with the big buttons. What do we do?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ighten said:

JUst noticed on the P&O site someones pointed out if you log into your NHS account on my NHS you can print off your appointments and vaccine details

Isn't there no name on it though? Or have we read different posts?

26 minutes ago, BlueRiband said:

Personally I'd feel more comfortable with a vaccination requirement than a covid test requirement.  A false positive test would turn a long-awaited vacation into a nightmare. 

Or a false negative 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, majortom10 said:

My NHS website has closed down.

https://www.nhs.uk/nhs-services/online-services/nhs-log-in/

You do need to go through a fairly robust registration process - all good in my view, pain in the tail though.  You can then access your medication records - if you want more indepth stuff - no idea what that means, your GP surgery has to grant you access - mine did about 15 minutes after I first logged in however from other posts on this topic it appears not all surgeries participate - that maybe something that will need to change if vaccination verification becomes the norm  - hope this helps

• Like 1

9 hours ago, lissie said:

Or a false negative 

Let's also recall that a person could have become infected and tested before the virus replicated to a threshold where it could be detected.  No thanks, as long as travel carriers require covid testing I'm choosing not to risk being denied boarding and/or quarantined at the departure/embarkation point.  Or the cruise coming to an abrupt end.

On 3/17/2021 at 10:33 AM, Colin_Cameron said:

I think Belboy may be referring to the 'card' confirming your vaccination - which they ask you to retain...

14273023_VaccineRecordcardpixelated.jpg.8299e8bc98a96059b4a362176e62481b.jpg

• Like 1

On 3/17/2021 at 11:05 AM, North West Newbie said:

My appointments were made online but I was given a Vaccination Card yesterday when I had the first jab. The card shows my name, the name of the vaccine, the batch number and the date it was given. There is also a further section to record the details of the second jab which is due to be given on 4 June.

Yep, that's the one

1310330599_VaccineRecordcardpixelated.jpg.7512fae5f5644512893860e083e32951.jpg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Solent Richard said:

I think Belboy may be referring to the 'card' confirming your vaccination - which they ask you to retain...

14273023_VaccineRecordcardpixelated.jpg.8299e8bc98a96059b4a362176e62481b.jpg

Nope, don't have one of those either. And neither does anyone else I know. (But then it is a PHE document) Not aware of any equivalent north of the border.

Other oddities I've noticed (at least locally) are that those getting the AZ don't get their second date straight away but two people that I know who got the Pfizer did. Also differences in whether you MUST wait 10-15 mins before leaving depending on which jab you get. I think drivers are all being told to wait.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, teabear said:

https://www.nhs.uk/nhs-services/online-services/nhs-log-in/

You do need to go through a fairly robust registration process - all good in my view, pain in the tail though.  You can then access your medication records - if you want more indepth stuff - no idea what that means, your GP surgery has to grant you access - mine did about 15 minutes after I first logged in however from other posts on this topic it appears not all surgeries participate - that maybe something that will need to change if vaccination verification becomes the norm  - hope this helps

The Vaccination details are far more easily obtained using the NHS 'Patient Access' App on a smart phone  -  Bottom row, second left...

174374279_AppsoniPhone.thumb.jpg.9f0bd9e84f9760ad71826651c6cbcbf0.jpg