Lost all confidence in sailing 2021

Trimone

I am also losing hope for 2021, and trying to decide when to pull the plug and reschedule yet again. Unfortunately I took the credit and 25% FCC a year ago, so now my only option is to keep rescheduling. I’ve switched from Hawaii to Europe, and am now thinking about switching back to Hawaii because things in most of Europe look pretty bleak right now.

I’d love some definitive guidance on when/where to reschedule, but unfortunately nobody knows. If I had any idea a year ago how long this was going to last I would have made different decisions!

10 hours ago, BoozinCroozin said:

..... The government cannot force one to take the vaccine, but they can force quarantining until it is over. This can be done by freezing accounts, forced locked down in home, banning living in multi-family facilities (apartments and such), use of public facilities, requiring proof of vaccination to enter grocery stores. There is a lot that can be done. If covid is as serious as shutting the country down for 12+ months, we can shift to Marshall control of those that refuse to end it. 

@BoozinCroozin... What you have suggested above is absolutely terrifying to me on multiple levels. Suggesting the government freeze accounts? Banning multi-family living facilities? Banning public facilities (which those who choose not to vaccinate help pay for)? These are suggestions of a Dictator.

IMO the likely outcome of what you have suggested would be civil war. Before you go recommending a military take over of the United States (Martial Law), remember that as is the case with all war, both sides will suffer. 

Lost a 54 year old friend to Covid....a visiting family member with a "cold" exposed him and he ended up losing his life.  The last 2 weeks of his life in an induced coma.  No family could visit or comfort him  BUT for the fact that 2 shots would have kept him from dying, not from getting the Corona Virus he would be with us today.  I have Sisters that refuse the vaccine and that is their right. I figure that after consulting with a Hematologist, Cardiologist and a Family Practitioner who all have taken the vaccine that their understanding of the science is beyond my understanding and I do a lot of reading.  The Johns Hopkins article on how the RNA vaccines work is a great one to read.  I do understand the fear, I thought long and hard about getting the vaccine. Losing a friend die a horrible death was all it took for me to get the vaccine, most people don't know of anyone close to them that has succumbed to this deadly virus, when you do, it becomes real very fast. 

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/conditions-and-diseases/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccines-myth-versus-fact

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruiserssandr said:

One of our favorite stops. Beaches are gorgeous. I don't think we would enjoy spending more than a couple of days there though

I understand they are.  But I just can't be a "fun in the sun" kinda guy anymore since I spend so much time at my dermatologist now....because of too much fun in the sun through the previous years.    

• Like 2

9 hours ago, cruiserssandr said:

One of our favorite stops. Beaches are gorgeous. I don't think we would enjoy spending more than a couple of days there though

We did a 7-night all-inclusive in 2019 in Roatan.  Husband is a diver and they had two to three tank dives daily.  It was a great vacation.  Relaxing and perfect weather! 

Whenever cruises finally resume, I will not be booking the first few.  I've got to see how they are conducted as far as Covid protocol.  I just can't do it with masks and social distancing.  Vaccine, yes.  No buffet, I'll miss it but would still cruise.  Restricted type port stops, no ability to wander freely, nope can't do.  No personal interaction with the crew, nope.  So will just have to wait for a few to sail and see.  

If there is a vaccine available and you choose not to take it, your opinion on everything being open is meaningless. If there is a mandate to be vaccinated to do anything (work, go to school, travel, use the airlines, use roadways, etc), then you are left to live in quarantine. It is as simple as that. You have freedom of choice and those choices come with consequences. I don't want to listen to a Karen whining...he may have covid and it is unfair. No, it is perfectly fair. Stay home and be a hermit if you are afraid of covid. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, scendro said:

Same, I don’t think there will be any cruises this year out of American ports.  I just found out our October 6th 15 day Panama cruise has been cancelled. 

Panama canal cruises are designed to move the ships from the West coast to the East coast.  Since Canada is not allowing cruises to visit for Alaska cruises for this year, the ships that were scheduled to spend the summer on the West coast do not need to make the trip through the Canal.

I think cruises from USA are more likely to start from Miami.

Edited by Sand and Seas

On 3/19/2021 at 6:32 PM, roger001 said:

Whenever cruises finally resume, I will not be booking the first few.  I've got to see how they are conducted as far as Covid protocol.  I just can't do it with masks and social distancing.  Vaccine, yes.  No buffet, I'll miss it but would still cruise.  Restricted type port stops, no ability to wander freely, nope can't do.  No personal interaction with the crew, nope.  So will just have to wait for a few to sail and see.  

Me too.👍✌️

14 hours ago, Sand and Seas said:

Panama canal cruises are designed to move the ships from the West coast to the East coast.  Since Canada is not allowing cruises to visit for Alaska cruises for this year, the ships that were scheduled to spend the summer on the West coast do not need to make the trip through the Canal.

I think cruises from USA are more likely to start from Miami.

Not true. The Panama canal is designed to move ships from the East coast to the West coast. Everybody knows that.

6 hours ago, CroozFanatic said:

Not true. The Panama canal is designed to move ships from the East coast to the West coast. Everybody knows that.

Not  true, it's designed to facilitate movement in both directions....surely!

• Like 2

On 3/17/2021 at 3:56 AM, Trimone said:

Last week with the U.K. commencement of cruising around the GB opening May 17th, I had some confidence in worldwide cruising following suit, however the cancellations just yesterday by NCL, and also many European countries suspending the use of Astra Zeneca vaccine until fully investigated about a handful of blood clots, I’ve given up hope, the only updates cruising seems to get is on cruise critic. I know many contractors within the cruise industry, and they are in the same boat.. nobody is saying nothing.

Switch to Royal who starts cruising in the Bahamas on June 12th. Need to be vaccinated and meet the 5 day PCR test to enter the Bahamas.