Jump to content

New indicator Vaccines Will Be Mandatory


marieps
 Share

Recommended Posts

MSC is starting in May with one ship doing UK only cruises. They are not requiring vaccines for these cruises. US departures could of course have different rules.

 

We do have an MSC cruise booked this upcoming winter. If it was left to each line to determine their own vaccine stance for a while, I will definitely eat the deposit and rebook on a cruise requiring vaccines. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

We live in an active adult community and most of our contacts have had the second shot.  Those who took the first shot at the earliest opportunity got Moderna and a couple of weeks later most were getting Pfizer at our very well run drive up super sight.  Not everyone had a reaction but many more had a reaction to Moderna.  In the Pfizer group, reactions were rare in my opinion.  I took Moderna and had flu like symptoms (slight fever, chills, aches) for 24 hours after, my same age husband took the same shot at the same time and had no reaction.  Neither of us had any reaction to the first dose. Some others who took Moderna had a longer lasting reaction than I did but not more than a few days.

There had been a lot of comparisons and conversations among neighbors and friends and the up take is in spite of a reaction, the peace of mind is well worth taking the vaccine.

Edited by SHIP TRAVELER
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/17/2021 at 9:46 PM, Arizona Wildcat said:

The studies of 12-17 years old will be complete in a couple months.  As for eliminating younger unvaccinated children - will the cruiseline choice be cruise without children on not to cruise?

 

If they choose not to cruise just because children couldn't go along, the stockholders (and the adults willing to cruise without children) should seriously question the business acumen of those running that company.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, aandjw said:

"The ship will sail with vaccinated crew and will be available to vaccinated adult guests and children under the age of 18 with a negative PCR test result within 72 hours of embarkation."

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, aandjw said:

 

I have been telling my DH that Royal/Celebrity and other lines are going to wind up cruising from MANY other ports outside the USA long before the CDC allows them to sail from the USA.  I think it's great, will hopefully help keep them financially afloat while the CDC contemplates things.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I might get flamed for this, but I don't want anyone excluded from vaccines on a ship. If someone is too young, so be it. If they can't get it because of their state's vaccine rules, so be it again.

  • Like 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, deliver42 said:

I might get flamed for this, but I don't want anyone excluded from vaccines on a ship. If someone is too young, so be it. If they can't get it because of their state's vaccine rules, so be it again.

 

IMO, it's not worth taking the chance though.  I'm of the opinion that 100% of the people on board need to be vaccinated in order for cruising to be as safe as it can possibly be.

  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/18/2021 at 1:54 AM, Gracie115 said:

Would make me very happy if vaccines were required of everyone on board.

I, personally, wouldn't cruise unless EVREYBODY on-board was vaccinated.

  • Like 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Vaccines are moving right along, last 24 hours in USA 3 million doses!

68% of people 65 and over have been vaccinated with one dose and 40% fully vaccinated.

 

As for requiring vaccines to cruise, Just Do It.

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, 4774Papa said:

Vaccines are moving right along, last 24 hours in USA 3 million doses!

68% of people 65 and over have been vaccinated with one dose and 40% fully vaccinated.

 

As for requiring vaccines to cruise, Just Do It.

AGREE, no vax, no cruise, no matter your age!

  • Like 11
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

AGREE, no vax, no cruise, no matter your age!

Agree. 👍👍 Hopefully the cruise lines will make vaccinations for all no matter their age mandatory. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, LGW59 said:

AGREE, no vax, no cruise, no matter your age!

 

This needs to be an advertising campaign!

 

No vax, no cruise, no matter your age!

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, K.T.B. said:

 

This needs to be an advertising campaign!

 

No vax, no cruise, no matter your age!

Only if you will be my marketing manager!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I had the Oxford Astra Zeneca jab Thursday afternoon . Next day I’m at A&E as my eyes are all puffy and closing and face had red rash and itchy . Now on anti histamine and steroids. Could be newish Elemis face cream but never been allergic to anything before . Doctor suggest not having second does but really want it so that I can cruise etc

Edited by CruiseCrew123
Link to comment
Share on other sites

An article in today's Wall Street Journal says that German researchers have identified the cause of the serious/sometimes fatal AstraZeneca clotting reaction, and that "patients who show symptoms four days after vaccination, such as headaches, dizziness or impaired vision" should seek medical attention.  The good news is that they say you can "be quickly diagnosed with a blood test" and "we now know how to treat the patients."

 

That doesn't sound like your symptoms [or timeframe], but I wanted you to be aware of this information in case it becomes relevant to you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

While I understand the policy, I am one of those who may not be able to have it because of severe and long lasting (months) effects of past vaccines (not allergy). I am feeling a little frustrated because kids will be allowed to sail with no vaccine and just testing but I won’t. I will be seen as a second class citizen compared to a vaccinated person who has had a poor response to the vaccine who can move freely about with little or no immunity but who thinks they have. Also, no clear guidelines on how long after vaccination the certificate is valid for.  

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/17/2021 at 1:44 PM, Alakegirl said:

Remember this thread?

 

From what I’ve read, all adults on Royal Caribbean’s sailing out of St Maarten will require all over the age of 18 to show proof of vaccination and those under 18 will need proof of negative Covid test. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, jerseygirl3 said:

From what I’ve read, all adults on Royal Caribbean’s sailing out of St Maarten will require all over the age of 18 to show proof of vaccination and those under 18 will need proof of negative Covid test. 

 

And all passengers will need a PCR test to enter St Maarten before they get to the ship (government policy not Celebrity).  These tests will be at the passengers expense.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/19/2021 at 11:04 AM, Gracie115 said:

 

I have been telling my DH that Royal/Celebrity and other lines are going to wind up cruising from MANY other ports outside the USA long before the CDC allows them to sail from the USA.  I think it's great, will hopefully help keep them financially afloat while the CDC contemplates things.  

Some, very possibly.  MANY?  Doubtful.

+ Ability to get thousands more crew vaccinated and to these ports.

+ Once you commit to sailing from a foreign port if the CDC loosens restrictions (which I fully expect them to do as long as the new variants don't overwhelm us) you leave Florida and Texas high and dry unless you switch everything back (and a nightmare with air/hotel reservation already  ready booked).    +Limited number of ports that can handle embarkation/disembarkation.  Maybe Cozumel but limited flights there.  Maybe Barbados but many berthing slots already filled (RCCL, P&O, Oceania, Silversea).

 

Time will tell....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, SnazzyD said:

While I understand the policy, I am one of those who may not be able to have it because of severe and long lasting (months) effects of past vaccines (not allergy). I am feeling a little frustrated because kids will be allowed to sail with no vaccine and just testing but I won’t. I will be seen as a second class citizen compared to a vaccinated person who has had a poor response to the vaccine who can move freely about with little or no immunity but who thinks they have. Also, no clear guidelines on how long after vaccination the certificate is valid for.  

You understand the policy.  So why be frustrated?  Maybe disappointed?  You and I will require a vaccine as adult cruisers under current rules for the few ships venturing out to sea in the next few months.  You unfortunately will not be able to cruise unless you get vaccinated.  Perhaps the vaccine-only rules will change eventually as the virus becomes more controlled by herd immunity.  But in reality you might need other vacation choices for the foreseeable future.  There are a lot of avid cruisers likely to be in the same situation.   The virus has changed the world in many ways - far beyond cruising.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, ECCruise said:

Some, very possibly.  MANY?  Doubtful.

+ Ability to get thousands more crew vaccinated and to these ports.

+ Once you commit to sailing from a foreign port if the CDC loosens restrictions (which I fully expect them to do as long as the new variants don't overwhelm us) you leave Florida and Texas high and dry unless you switch everything back (and a nightmare with air/hotel reservation already  ready booked).    +Limited number of ports that can handle embarkation/disembarkation.  Maybe Cozumel but limited flights there.  Maybe Barbados but many berthing slots already filled (RCCL, P&O, Oceania, Silversea).

 

Time will tell....

 

Ok, agree, some not many.....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, ECCruise said:

Some, very possibly.  MANY?  Doubtful.

+ Ability to get thousands more crew vaccinated and to these ports.

+ Once you commit to sailing from a foreign port if the CDC loosens restrictions (which I fully expect them to do as long as the new variants don't overwhelm us) you leave Florida and Texas high and dry unless you switch everything back (and a nightmare with air/hotel reservation already  ready booked).    +Limited number of ports that can handle embarkation/disembarkation.  Maybe Cozumel but limited flights there.  Maybe Barbados but many berthing slots already filled (RCCL, P&O, Oceania, Silversea).

 

Time will tell....

Yes agree.  This will not be anything but a short term situation to get some initial and limited cruises going.  And remember the number of huge investments the cruise lines have made in new and improved terminals in places like Fort Lauderdale.  Specialized terminals to the newer ships and mega ships.  Not to mention the on shore support staff.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

Yes agree.  This will not be anything but a short term situation to get some initial and limited cruises going.  And remember the number of huge investments the cruise lines have made in new and improved terminals in places like Fort Lauderdale.  Specialized terminals to the newer ships and mega ships.  Not to mention the on shore support staff.

Yes.  And they will using these as their "test cruises" even though they won't be mandated by the CDC.  And, they will get revenue from them without offering them gratis in the USA.  These sailings will not meet any CDC requirements, but they can use them as shake down cruises. 

 

And why there is zero chance that I would be paying money to be on any of these early sailings. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...