Navigator now confirmed in California

Whoo Hoo ...Finally a ship for our west coast !!!!!

I'm going to assume Mexico cruises...fingers crossed they will eventually do some RT Hawaii !!!

Edited by Ashland
  • Like 3

https://www.royalcaribbeanpresscenter.com/press-release/1506/stealing-the-spotlight-royal-caribbean-reveals-new-west-coast-adventures-from-los-angeles/

MIAMI, March 17, 2021 – After a decade-long hiatus, Royal Caribbean International will once again call Hollywood home starting in June 2022, casting Navigator of the Seas as a “series regular” that will sail from Los Angeles. The amplified ship will broaden the cruise line’s West Coast offerings, sailing 3-, 4- and 5-night itineraries to Catalina Island, California and Ensenada and Cabo San Lucas, Mexico – plus, select winter holiday 7-night sailings will feature overnights in the popular resort city. Royal Caribbean’s new year-round adventures from LA will open for sale the week of March 29, 2021.

“California was calling us home once again, and what better way to reintroduce Royal Caribbean than to bring our next-level cruise vacations to the City of Angels and make it a year-round adventure starting just in time for summer,” said Michael Bayley, president and CEO, Royal Caribbean International. “We’re excited to return to Los Angeles to add bigger, bolder vacation options along the West Coast. With a ship like Navigator of the Seas, complete with waterslides, activities from day to night and a lineup of restaurants, bars and lounges, friends and families alike are in for a memorable getaway.”

After a $115 million amplification in 2019, Navigator brings star power that will thrill guests with its reimagined Caribbean poolscape anchored by the lively three-level bar The Lime & Coconut; two daring waterslides that cantilever over the edges of the ship – The Blaster aqua coaster, the longest waterslide at sea, and Riptide, the industry’s only headfirst mat racer; the first standalone blow-dry bar at sea, To Dry For; elevated nightlife and dining, and transformed spaces that each are dedicated to kids and teens. The winning combination of these thrilling features and activities alongside Royal Caribbean favorites – against the backdrop of Hollywood Hills – will make for a new short getaway, over the week or weekend, that makes the most of every minute for vacationers of all ages.

Edited by Cruise Wonderland

Not starting until next year:

MIAMI, March 17, 2021 – After a decade-long hiatus, Royal Caribbean International will once again call Hollywood home starting in June 2022, casting Navigator of the Seas as a “series regular” that will sail from Los Angeles. The amplified ship will broaden the cruise line’s West Coast offerings, sailing 3-, 4- and 5-night itineraries to Catalina Island, California and Ensenada and Cabo San Lucas, Mexico – plus, select winter holiday 7-night sailings will feature overnights in the popular resort city. Royal Caribbean’s new year-round adventures from LA will open for sale the week of March 29, 2021.

“California was calling us home once again, and what better way to reintroduce Royal Caribbean than to bring our next-level cruise vacations to the City of Angels and make it a year-round adventure starting just in time for summer,” said Michael Bayley, president and CEO, Royal Caribbean International. “We’re excited to return to Los Angeles to add bigger, bolder vacation options along the West Coast. With a ship like Navigator of the Seas, complete with waterslides, activities from day to night and a lineup of restaurants, bars and lounges, friends and families alike are in for a memorable getaway.”

2 minutes ago, Cruise Wonderland said:

https://www.royalcaribbeanpresscenter.com/press-release/1506/stealing-the-spotlight-royal-caribbean-reveals-new-west-coast-adventures-from-los-angeles/

After a $115 million amplification in 2019, Navigator brings star power that will thrill guests with its reimagined Caribbean poolscape anchored by the lively three-level bar The Lime & Coconut; two daring waterslides that cantilever over the edges of the ship – The Blaster aqua coaster, the longest waterslide at sea, and Riptide, the industry’s only headfirst mat racer; the first standalone blow-dry bar at sea, To Dry For; elevated nightlife and dining, and transformed spaces that each are dedicated to kids and teens. The winning combination of these thrilling features and activities alongside Royal Caribbean favorites – against the backdrop of Hollywood Hills – will make for a new short getaway, over the week or weekend, that makes the most of every minute for vacationers of all ages.

Hmmm...No Mexican Riviera with Cabo, Matatlan & Puerto Vallarta...so the only Mexican port 

is Cabo...sad after all this wait !

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Hmmm...No Mexican Riviera with Cabo, Matatlan & Puerto Vallarta...so the only Mexican port 

is Cabo...sad after all this wait !

Celebrity has had some Mexican Riviera cruises from LA available for quite a while now. 

Edited by Jeremiah1212
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

Celebrity has had some Mexican Riviera cruises from LA available for quite a while now. 

I'm aware of that..tried PCL once...but none of these are my beloved RCI.

• Like 1

Nice to see they put a good refirbed ship there instead of an old has been.  this ship should do really well for the 3 and 4 day itineraries.

Kinda bummed the 4 day doesn't stop in San Diego like they used too.  That was great for the economy and tons too do downtown.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, twangster said:

Wait until pricing is revealed.  🙂 

Agree...for the itinerary offered it may be crazy. Would haven't had a problem if the itinerary was the original Mexican Riviera.

• Like 1

A Cabo stop is OK with me....I can go eat at my fave un touristy spot in town...Gordo Lele’s.

Also on the lookout on how the Navigator will get over here. 😉

Edited by crzndeb

17 minutes ago, kruzerci said:

Omg. Nobody is ever happy 🤦‍♂️

After years of waiting...RCI could have done a better itinerary with the Navigator.

Monarch used to do 3/4/5 night party boat...not what many of us were hoping for.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Saab4444 said:

Ensenada is in Mexico as well...

Would have been nice to have  included an occasional 10N sailing to ports like San Fran, Monterey, San Diego to go along with the shorter 3/4/5N sailings for a nice B2B.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, long4acruise said:

Would have been nice to have  included an occasional 10N sailing to ports like San Fran, Monterey, San Diego to go along with the shorter 3/4/5N sailings for a nice B2B.

RCI had some good options they just didn't use them. :classic_huh:

• Haha 1

While I think many posters on here are long time cruisers, I think having a Royal ship on the West Coast will open the Royal experience to a lot of new cruisers. And a lot of those new cruisers can’t afford longer cruises yet. It will be a nice sampling for them. At this stage of my cruising life, I do book mostly for new itineraries, but I am perfectly happy jumping on a Royal ship for more of a ship experience that isn’t a 5+ hour flight away.

Edited by crzndeb
  • Like 6

7 minutes ago, crzndeb said:

While I think many posters on here are long time cruisers, I think having a Royal ship on the West Coast will open the Royal experience to a lot of new cruisers. At this stage of my cruising life, I do book mostly for new itineraries, but I am perfectly happy jumping on a Royal ship for more of a ship experience that isn’t a 5+ hour flight away.

Then I guess RCI is looking for the 3/4 night party cruiser. I have no interest in jumping on one of those but I hope some of you will on the off chance that with profitability RCI will expand their itineraries and stay here.

Edited by Ashland
  • Like 3