Navigator now confirmed in California

4 hours ago, Lorey2007 said:

I'm just a cruiser can anyone explain why RCCL would swap out Navigator especially after all the hype when they announced its return to LA. How likely is this & when would they do it? Does someone here have some inside information or is this just a rumor? If it does happen I would hope  they would do it before final payment or offer full refund after.

It’s only a rumour.

But the facts are Ovation usually comes to Australia during the northern hemisphere winter. October to March.

Our boarders are closed and our government said expect them to be closed until mid next year,or longer.
We have had a major mishap with the vaccines and our vaccine rate is currently 9% of our population being fully vaccinated.

Then there’s the delta strain which has become a real problem here.

You can bet your bottom dollar Royal will be looking for somewhere else to send Ovation .

And the likely place is California.

With Americans wanting or having to stay at home , I think there’s the market for 2 ships at reduced capacity.

Edited by Chiliburn
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, Lorey2007 said:

I'm just a cruiser can anyone explain why RCCL would swap out Navigator especially after all the hype when they announced its return to LA. How likely is this & when would they do it? Does someone here have some inside information or is this just a rumor? If it does happen I would hope  they would do it before final payment or offer full refund after.

Total speculation and not likely

8 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

How about Ovation doing NW cruises out of San Francisco. Assuming that Canada was willing to play ball we could do Astoria, Seattle, Vancouver and Victoria.

Ovation is a good cool weather ship.

The ship may bee good in cool weather but rough seas would be an issue.  

The Columbia River Bar is where the Coast Guard does there rescue training,  Astoria could be tough.  The coast of Washington in the winter would not be much better. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Lorey2007 said:

I just got a email advertisement from RCI for Mexico and Navigator.

This isn't new news...the Navigator bookings for Mexico have been out awhile. Sailings start this November. 

25 minutes ago, Ashland said:

This isn't new news...the Navigator bookings for Mexico have been out awhile. Sailings start this November. 

I know I reserved in April this advertisement was quite extensive & promoting Navigator so I'm hoping they're not thinking of swapping her out with some other ship.

33 minutes ago, Lorey2007 said:

I know I reserved in April this advertisement was quite extensive & promoting Navigator so I'm hoping they're not thinking of swapping her out with some other ship.

I think many of us are hoping for a swap to Ovation. It a long shot but you never know. 🙂 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, woodscruise said:

On marine traffic Navigator is heading to Colombo, Sri Lanka. Heading though the Suez to get to the West Coast.

That would have been an interesting cruise...Oh Well. :classic_biggrin:

• Like 2

On 7/22/2021 at 7:29 AM, Tree_skier said:

I think many of us are hoping for a swap to Ovation. It a long shot but you never know. 🙂 

We are just about to have a National emergency declared in Sydney because of Covid.

So start picking your cabin,because Ovation won’t be coming to Sydney.

4 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

We are just about to have a National emergency declared in Sydney because of Covid.

Bummer, sorry to hear that. Hope you are doing ok

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

We are ok ,all vaccinated even the adult kids ,a good feeling.

Your adult kids must be oldies.   Mine are under 40 and they have not been called up yet to get their shots and your leader has her eyes on our pfizer supplies grrrr.🤣

Edited by Rassa

2 hours ago, Rassa said:

Your adult kids must be oldies.   Mine are under 40 and they have not been called up yet to get their shots and your leader has her eyes on our pfizer supplies grrrr.🤣

My daughter is 20 got the Pfizer but that’s another story.

A funny story.

Me and my sister have been trying to get the BIL to go on a cruise for the last 15 years.

About 5 years ago after kicking and screaming reluctantly, he came on a cruise. 
‘He has slowly started to like ships but wouldn’t admit it.

He’s a bit of a antivaccser but he said the other day the only reason he got vaccinated is so he can go on another cruise.

I thought it was funny.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

My daughter is 20 got the Pfizer but that’s another story.

A funny story.

Me and my sister have been trying to get the BIL to go on a cruise for the last 15 years.

About 5 years ago after kicking and screaming reluctantly, he came on a cruise. 
‘He has slowly started to like ships but wouldn’t admit it.

He’s a bit of a antivaccser but he said the other day the only reason he got vaccinated is so he can go on another cruise.

I thought it was funny.

Yep, the cruise lovers antivaccers need to get it.  I thought you were hesitating there for a while.   I booked our AZ the first night you could book on line.  Just joking about your daughter, glad she got it.   Watching for when my kids can have it.  Best of luck.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

Hope you guys are doing ok over there in Sydney.

I jumped off the Ovation April '22 TP last night.  I was already pretty sure it wouldn't happen but was still hopeful but with recent events over there on your side of the country and possible lockdowns/restrictions lasting into October there's just no way I can see it happening  : (

It was a NRD which I could have got back if I waited but shifted it to an end of Nov '22 NZ cruise.

I've booked a GS (special birthday cruise) so that was going to be NRD anyway so figured why not.

Even managed, with a bit of effort, to get them to shift a $200 OBC from a cancelled Quantum cruise over to it.

21 minutes ago, BecAus said:

Hope you guys are doing ok over there in Sydney.

I jumped off the Ovation April '22 TP last night.  I was already pretty sure it wouldn't happen but was still hopeful but with recent events over there on your side of the country and possible lockdowns/restrictions lasting into October there's just no way I can see it happening  : (

It was a NRD which I could have got back if I waited but shifted it to an end of Nov '22 NZ cruise.

I've booked a GS (special birthday cruise) so that was going to be NRD anyway so figured why not.

Even managed, with a bit of effort, to get them to shift a $200 OBC from a cancelled Quantum cruise over to it.

I’ve go a few cruises leading up to Christmas and RC still won’t cancel them.

This new virus as it’s being called is a different ballgame.
So contagious.  Its here to stay 

6 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

I’ve go a few cruises leading up to Christmas and RC still won’t cancel them.

Oh, I'm not fully up to speed on exactly what they cancelled, I gather it was mostly Quantum they cancelled up till the end of the year?

Are your cruises on the other two: Ov and ? (forgot the other one - Serenade maybe?)

My TP in Sept got cancelled, it was Hon - Syd so that must have been Ovation? 

And my Dec Qld cruise on Qu was cancelled as they extended her stay in Singapore till at least Feb.

It's frustrating isn't it. You know it's not going to happen and so do they so just get on with it already!

I was going to hold out on the April one as I'd actually really like to go if it goes but took a chance given it probably won't sail.

I needed a back-up plan for next Nov/Dec '22 as I'm not at all sure my planned big birthday trip to the US will happen now and wanted to have something that I could plan for with some sort of reasonable degree of certainty and the date of the late Nov NZ cruise worked out really well date wise for us so I switched to that.  

We were supposed to be in NZ this week.  When I booked that mid June everything was looking all rosy - it's amazing how quickly everything changes at the moment.  Still trying to sort that mess out now!

I think we're all well and truly over it at this stage but all we can do is keep moving forward and hope things get back to normal sooner rather than later.

• 2 weeks later...