Jump to content

Navigator now confirmed in California


Recommended Posts

19 hours ago, James4me said:

If this cruises the same route as Carnival’s Panorama, I’d think the Panorama is the better.  

Agree. Prices are likely lower and food selection better.

Link to post
Share on other sites

FYI:

  

On 3/26/2021 at 1:21 AM, FionaMG said:

Some Navigator sailings are showing now for June and July 2022. Must be the test load. 3 and 4 night itineraries. 

 

On 3/26/2021 at 2:27 AM, Blue Eyed Belfast Belle said:

image.thumb.png.42f22edf323648e4e3abea865c1d6053.png

 

22 minutes ago, RSS from SF said:

-----
 

. . . Here is a little more info from the same test, apparently [screengrabs from another site]:
 

image.png.1c68b005d8208f4407acc1ac86db4995.png

 

image.png.9e4b2c506f20bc376d37e050476cbf25.png

 

-----

 

 

-----

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, toad455 said:

Could they temporarily have the Navigator sail from Ensenada and do cruises to just Cabo?

That is not fun bus ride from SD to Ensenada.

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Blizzard54 said:

That is not fun bus ride from SD to Ensenada.

Why - never been thru the checkpoint in a bus, but the drive is all highway once you get thru TJ.  We usually drive Rt 2 thru wine country to Ensenada, but have take Rt 1 to TJ and no issues

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, cruzsnooze said:

How come the sailings aren't showing up on RCL's website?

They haven't released them for sale yet. It's supposed to be sometime this week. Lots ofvus are feverishly refreshing our browsers in the hope that they will magically appear! 😄

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/28/2021 at 3:59 PM, Seville2Cabo said:

Why - never been thru the checkpoint in a bus, but the drive is all highway once you get thru TJ.  We usually drive Rt 2 thru wine country to Ensenada, but have take Rt 1 to TJ and no issues

I wouldn't want to drive there and especially leave my car for days parked there...guarded gate or not.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

When Mariner made the voyage around Cape Horn in 2009 it lasted 46 nights.  It looked like this:


    •    Port Canaveral to Rio de Janeiro - 15 nights
    •    Rio de janeiro to Valparaiso (around the Horn) - 15 nights
    •    Valparaiso to Los Angeles - 16 nights


What would it look like if Navigator repeated Mariner's 2009 voyage around the Horn?  



Navigator has a 3 night sailing from Miami on April 22, 2022.  Her last Miami turn around day is April 25, 2022.


    •    April 25, 2022 to May 10, 2022 - Miami to Rio de Janeiro
    •    May 10, 2022 to May 25, 2022 - Rio de Janeiro to Valparaiso
    •    May 25, 2022 to June 10, 2022 - Valparaiso to Los Angeles


That's 46 nights and it fits quite handily into her schedule.  Coincidence?   

 

Do the math... solo in a suite with the double points promo 😱


 

Edited by twangster
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

5 minutes ago, twangster said:

When Mariner made the voyage around Cape Horn in 2009 it lasted 46 nights.  It looked like this . . . .

---

---
My Mariner around-the-horn itinerary including pre-cruise:
https://content.invisioncic.com/j283755/monthly_2021_02/258141081_Itinerary-Mariner-1-4-2009__v3_w_PreCruiseupdated2008-12-11.jpg.926aa4b21178e82b16d2f74712aa0d24.jpg
---

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, twangster said:

When Mariner made the voyage around Cape Horn in 2009 it lasted 46 nights.  It looked like this:


    •    Port Canaveral to Rio de Janeiro - 15 nights
    •    Rio de janeiro to Valparaiso (around the Horn) - 15 nights
    •    Valparaiso to Los Angeles - 16 nights


What would it look like if Navigator repeated Mariner's 2009 voyage around the Horn?  



Navigator has a 3 night sailing from Miami on April 22, 2022.  Her last Miami turn around day is April 25, 2022.


    •    April 25, 2022 to May 10, 2022 - Miami to Rio de Janeiro
    •    May 10, 2022 to May 25, 2022 - Rio de Janeiro to Valparaiso
    •    May 25, 2022 to June 10, 2022 - Valparaiso to Los Angeles


That's 46 nights and it fits quite handily into her schedule.  Coincidence?   

 

Do the math... solo in a suite with the double points promo 😱


 

That would be such a good cruise!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, twangster said:

When Mariner made the voyage around Cape Horn in 2009 it lasted 46 nights.  It looked like this:


    •    Port Canaveral to Rio de Janeiro - 15 nights
    •    Rio de janeiro to Valparaiso (around the Horn) - 15 nights
    •    Valparaiso to Los Angeles - 16 nights


What would it look like if Navigator repeated Mariner's 2009 voyage around the Horn?  



Navigator has a 3 night sailing from Miami on April 22, 2022.  Her last Miami turn around day is April 25, 2022.


    •    April 25, 2022 to May 10, 2022 - Miami to Rio de Janeiro
    •    May 10, 2022 to May 25, 2022 - Rio de Janeiro to Valparaiso
    •    May 25, 2022 to June 10, 2022 - Valparaiso to Los Angeles


That's 46 nights and it fits quite handily into her schedule.  Coincidence?   

 

Do the math... solo in a suite with the double points promo 😱


 

Fingers crossed!! 🤞  But she also has a 6 day Pacific Coastal listed starting April 23, 2022 starting from LA to Vancouver.  I like your idea better! 🙂

Edited by taznremmy
Addition
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, taznremmy said:

Fingers crossed!! 🤞  But she also has a 6 day Pacific Coastal listed starting April 23, 2022 starting from LA to Vancouver.  I like your idea better! 🙂

 

I think that is Radiance.  

 

Navigator is in the Caribbean for most of April 2022.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 3/17/2021 at 9:18 AM, Cruise Wonderland said:

https://www.royalcaribbeanpresscenter.com/press-release/1506/stealing-the-spotlight-royal-caribbean-reveals-new-west-coast-adventures-from-los-angeles/


. . . .

.... "Royal Caribbean’s new year-round adventures from LA will open for sale the week of March 29, 2021."
. . . .

 


Okay Everyone,

So it's Thursday night already.

Usually the new sailings are released by Wednesdays, right?

Do any of you have a best guess now as to what day and time we will see the new Navigator sailings out to book?

Thanks for your thoughts!
-R-

Edited by RSS from SF
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, twangster said:

 

I think that is Radiance.  

 

Navigator is in the Caribbean for most of April 2022.  

My bad.....You are correct. 🙃

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, RSS from SF said:


Okay Everyone,

So it's Thursday night already.

Usually the new sailings are released by Wednesdays, right?

Do any of you have a best guess now as to what day and time we will see the new Navigator sailings out to book?

Thanks for your thoughts!
-R-

 

At first when Anthem UK was announced Tuesday morning I thought... OK, maybe they are delaying the LA release to spread them out. 

 

Then when the big Odyssey handover event happened on Wednesday I figured all hands on deck, employees will be focused on that, so maybe Thursday.

 

Now it's almost Friday on the east coast and nada.

 

Something else must be up, like negotiations didn't finalize, they need to re-jig the calendar or someone on the deployment team has a cat and it needed a bath tonight.  

 

Maybe they found a way to stuff her through the canal and now they can add some more cruises or maybe someone's cat needed a bath tonight.  

 

I'm going with the cat excuse.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, twangster said:

Something else must be up, like negotiations didn't finalize, they need to re-jig the calendar or someone on the deployment team has a cat and it needed a bath tonight.  

 

Maybe they found a way to stuff her through the canal and now they can add some more cruises or maybe someone's cat needed a bath tonight.  

 

I'm going with the cat excuse.

 

Better the cat excuse than "the dog ate my calendar"!

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, twangster said:

 

At first when Anthem UK was announced Tuesday morning I thought... OK, maybe they are delaying the LA release to spread them out. 

 

Then when the big Odyssey handover event happened on Wednesday I figured all hands on deck, employees will be focused on that, so maybe Thursday.

 

Now it's almost Friday on the east coast and nada.

 

Something else must be up, like negotiations didn't finalize, they need to re-jig the calendar or someone on the deployment team has a cat and it needed a bath tonight.  

 

Maybe they found a way to stuff her through the canal and now they can add some more cruises or maybe someone's cat needed a bath tonight.  

 

I'm going with the cat excuse.

They probaly can’t work out how to add “Mexico” as a destination to the website.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RSS from SF said:

That poor cat must have been filthy.

The cat must have scratched the heck of the hand that bathed him so they couldn't use the computer

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com - June 2021
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...