New Serenity Bahama Seven Day Cruises & The Future Cruising Thread

Tomorrow reservations one up for the new Crystal Serenity 7 day Bahama Sailings which I am sure some from this board will be booking.

Should you want to have me add your information to the Future Cruising Thread I will be happy to do this.

To keep things simple for you this is all I need.

July 3, 2021 Crystal Serenity Seven Day Bahama Cruise  and if you want me to list them your first name and the first names of those in your party.

You can post it here or come over to the Future Cruising Thread and post it there.

I'll then put it into the normal format.

It is exciting talking about new cruises rather because to me this means a start of getting back to some form of normalcy.

Keith

Hi - I just booked this cruise as well. My husband and I have never been on Crystal before. We actually have a Princess cruise booked for the same week that I will probably end up canceling. What should I know about Crystal - excited to try something new. Still have to figure out if American will change my flights - I had booked to FLL already....

5 minutes ago, desiro said:

Hi - I just booked this cruise as well. My husband and I have never been on Crystal before. We actually have a Princess cruise booked for the same week that I will probably end up canceling. What should I know about Crystal - excited to try something new. Still have to figure out if American will change my flights - I had booked to FLL already....

We too are looking at this and have contacted our TA.  Like you,  this would be our first Crystal cruise so would be a great introduction to a new line for us also.

1 hour ago, desiro said:

Welcome to the World Of Crystal.

I maintain a first time Cruising Thread which is a sticky.  If you go to the following thread just look for the latest update on post 103  I have not updated since the new COVID protocols but much of this should help.

Hopefully you can reuse your AA ticket.  I have canceled a few flights and had success reusing the fare for other flights.

Keith

1 hour ago, suspaul said:

We too are looking at this and have contacted our TA.  Like you,  this would be our first Crystal cruise so would be a great introduction to a new line for us also.

Fantastic news.  Please be sure to check out the link to the first time Crystal Thread which I posted right above this.

Keith

All I as I mentioned I maintain a future cruising thread which shows for those who would like to be listed the cruise they are on.  If you would like to be listed please provide the following information.

Date Of Cruise and your first name and the first name of those traveling in your party.  Example below.

July 3, 2021 Crystal Serenity Seven Day Bahama Cruise  and if you want me to list them your first name and the first names of those in your party.

I'm now booked with my son Alex.

Oct 16, 2021 Crystal Serenity Seven Day Bahama Cruise 

mskatiemae (Catherine/Alex)

Going to pass now on Endeavor in November to Argentina. Will wait for Endeavor Oct of 2022.

Haven’t sailed on Crystal.  We’ve been Oceania cruisers for years but I’m interested in the July Bahama sailings.  I’ve noticed in the literature that there is assigned early or late seating for dinner.  Are there any other options?  Being locked into late seating would be a big negative for us.  We’re vaccinated and ready to pack our bags.  Had two cruised cancelled last year😱.

3 minutes ago, Roccaforte said:

Haven’t sailed on Crystal.  We’ve been Oceania cruisers for years but I’m interested in the July Bahama sailings.  I’ve noticed in the literature that there is assigned early or late seating for dinner.  Are there any other options?  Being locked into late seating would be a big negative for us.  We’re vaccinated and ready to pack our bags.  Had two cruised cancelled last year😱.

there is no assigned seating, it’s open seating and has been like that for a few years.

Nancy

3 minutes ago, Roccaforte said:

With the caveat that who knows how Crystal (or any other line) will handle capacity in the dining venues due to Covid, Crystal has had open dining for quite some time now. No worries there.

2 hours ago, Roccaforte said:

We have done 15 Oceania cruises.  It's great until you sail Crystal.  We will never go back.  Not even close.

We are going on our first Crystal cruise as well!  Please add us: 

July 11th 2021 Crystal Serenity 7 Day Bahama Cruise from Bimini. Mark and Karen Smith

We have done one Regent cruise, and the rest have been Oceania.  I have always wanted to try Crystal, and this feels like a great way to dip our toe in the water, pun intended!  

Is there a thread about the dining times?  I am also confused about how that works.  Do we have to make a choice about reserved dining vs. open seating?  Thanks for any tips on this!  We enjoy mingling with an early coctail and then a fairly early dinner. 

Thanks in advance! 

4 hours ago, bitob said:

We have done 15 Oceania cruises.  It's great until you sail Crystal.  We will never go back.  Not even close.

This could end up being a much more expensive cruise than originally planned!!!

25 minutes ago, Verokaren said:

Is there a thread about the dining times?  I am also confused about how that works.  Do we have to make a choice about reserved dining vs. open seating?  Thanks for any tips on this!  We enjoy mingling with an early coctail and then a fairly early dinner. 

Thanks in advance! 

The Waterside Dining room has been open seating for several years.  Reservations for Umi Uma and Prego can be made online after final payment.  

If you haven't already, have a look at Keith1010's link above in post #1 for first time Crystal cruisers.  As he mentions, there may be some changes post COVID.  Have fun planning!

~Nancy 

Thank you all for providing updates on your sailings.

I am so happy to see several booked including those who have sailed Crystal before and first time Crystal Cruisers.

Very exciting.

I will do an update to the Future Cruising Thread this coming Saturday so anyone else who wants to be added please just post here. Keeping it very simple.

Keith

I decided to update the Future Cruising Sticky Thread found towards the top of the Crystal Cruises Board and added those of you to the thread which requested being added.

Should you wish to be added simply post here and this is an example of what to post.

July 3 - Nassau R/T - JohnDoe121 (John/Jane)

Keith