New Serenity Bahama Seven Day Cruises & The Future Cruising Thread

Keith1010

4 minutes ago, Verokaren said:

We are also trying Crystal for the first time after Regent and O, and I'm thrilled to have the opportunity to cruise my "backyard" Bahamas.  I am concerned about the ferry over to Bimini, though, as I have read some iffy things about the reliability.  Also, it looks like it doesn't leave until late Sunday evening. 

We will head over to Bimini a few days early as well to soak in the water.  

And. . . I'm a super early riser as well, and will be seeking the coffee bar!  What brand of coffee does Crystal use? 

So glad you are giving Crystal a try.  I hope you enjoy it.  Very wise to arrive a few days early.

Keith

Once again for those of you who would like me to list you on the future cruising thread please just use the following format.

August 7 Nassau R/T followed by Cruise Critic Name and the first name of you and any others traveling with you.

Keith

13 hours ago, Keith1010 said:

Even though you would be vaccinated if you could avoid a shared ride and do private I would opt for private.  I supposed if it is shared there would be some form of social distancing but the way things stand if it was me I would prefer private.  JMO.

Keith

Got the TA's answer today. The hotels are doing Classic Plus as advertised but private transfer is only available for airport to ship transfer for those with embarkation day flight arrivals. All other transfers are group transfers. Perhaps someone for whom group transfers are an issue can raise it with Crystal. I am okay with it (all will have masks) and it is not the biggest part of my covid risk equation. Also In my mind it is weather that might cause the most disruption since it will be in Oct.

2 hours ago, Verokaren said:

We are also trying Crystal for the first time after Regent and O, and I'm thrilled to have the opportunity to cruise my "backyard" Bahamas.  I am concerned about the ferry over to Bimini, though, as I have read some iffy things about the reliability.  Also, it looks like it doesn't leave until late Sunday evening. 

We will head over to Bimini a few days early as well to soak in the water.  

And. . . I'm a super early riser as well, and will be seeking the coffee bar!  What brand of coffee does Crystal use? 

Yes it our backyard -- so we know what to expect in weather  🙂

Also an early riser and coffee addict.  Crystal struct a deal when they began river cruising with the Mozart with the Julius Meinl brand of coffees (and teas).  Vienna Austrian based company.  That is what was being served in the Bistro prior to the COVID lock-down.

https://juliusmeinl.com/

Nice!! That looks yummy.  I will look forward to that.  One of my favorite things about cruising is getting up and about super early to have coffee and enjoy the ocean and ship. 

I'm getting ready to update the future cruising thread.

As a reminder, anytime any of you who are booked on the Bahama Cruises want me to add you to the thread just post here.

Keeping it simple so the format is.

July 3   Nassau Round Trip   Cruise Critic Name (Members in your party) so it looks like the following

July 3  Nassau R/T ChrisCruiser  (Joe/Helen)

Easy Peasy.

Keith

On 3/18/2021 at 12:51 PM, Keith1010 said:

All I as I mentioned I maintain a future cruising thread which shows for those who would like to be listed the cruise they are on.  If you would like to be listed please provide the following information.

Date Of Cruise and your first name and the first name of those traveling in your party.  Example below.

July 3, 2021 Crystal Serenity Seven Day Bahama Cruise  and if you want me to list them your first name and the first names of those in your party.

Tina & Rex Peterson

July 17 Serenity

On 3/23/2021 at 1:22 PM, MarkWiltonM said:

This will be our first Crystal Cruise! I am familiar with the line from w. I suspect the food and service will be much better on Crystal. (Looking forward to the delicious cookies I keep hearing about, and the afternoon tea.) 

And the Ben & Jerry’s on the pool deck, with all the flavours and toppings your heart may desire. Also soft-serve with the best chocolate sauce 🙂

We have decided to shift our departure to the July 10 Nassau boarding, as the flights were just more plentiful coming and going.  We will come in a few days early and hopefully enjoy the beaches, but I'm still deciding about which hotel to stay in. And so, Keith, thank you so much for revising us:

Or July 10 Nassau R/T  VeroKaren (Mark/Karen)

4 hours ago, Verokaren said:

We have decided to shift our departure to the July 10 Nassau boarding, as the flights were just more plentiful coming and going.  We will come in a few days early and hopefully enjoy the beaches, but I'm still deciding about which hotel to stay in. And so, Keith, thank you so much for revising us:

Bimini sure is not easy to get to due to the times.  That's why we chose nassau as well.  Short flight from FLL.

8 hours ago, Verokaren said:

We booked the new Margaritaville resort right near downtown. It looks great and within walking distance to most things.

First time on Crystal and Bahamians.  Add us to the Sticky!  

July 17 - Nassau R/T - Nyloc (Colyn/Jan)

Thanks in advance ...

Nyloc in Nassau

Considering one of these Bahamas cruises in Oct. if our Vancouver-Tokyo cruise w/ Regent in late Sept is a no-go. But it appears all these small islands are tender ports (Nassau excepted, of course). DW doesn't like tenders, tho, so it might be a hard sell. 🙁

Nyloc,

So much good advice - thank you!

A couple of questions: I heard that there are two ports in Nassau. I know about the one down town - off Bay Street - which might be under construction. Is it?

And where is the second one and - more important - which one will the Serenity be sailing from?

TIA . .  ..Peggy

5 hours ago, kibutzer said:

Covid negative test required to get back in US. Does anyone know how Crystal will be managing this? 

Crystal has testing for all onboard the ship.

9 hours ago, kibutzer said:

Covid negative test required to get back in US. Does anyone know how Crystal will be managing this? 

When I inquired about this a couple of weeks ago I posted on another thread that Crystal will ensure that they comply with the requirements of those who need proof of a COVID-19 test to return home.  At that point they were working through the mechanics of this.

Keith

For those who have booked one of the new Bahama Itineraries I you would like me to add you to the Future Cruise Sticky Thread please provide the following information.  I update the thread weekly which I am doing in a few minutes.

Just use this format.

July 3  Nassau R/T LuvToCruise (Jon/Jane)

Keith

6 hours ago, Keith1010 said:

For those who have booked one of the new Bahama Itineraries I you would like me to add you to the Future Cruise Sticky Thread please provide the following information.  I update the thread weekly which I am doing in a few minutes.

Just use this format.

July 3  Nassau R/T LuvToCruise (Jon/Jane)

Keith

July 10 B2B July 17

Nassau r/t Kwaj boy and Kwaj girl (Dana/Sandy)

3 hours ago, xrvlcruiser said:

Keith,

Where do I find the Future Cruise Sticky thread?

TIA, Peggy

Peggy, it's one of a few of the Sticky Threads.  This will take you there.

Keith