New Serenity Bahama Seven Day Cruises & The Future Cruising Thread

Another new Crystal cruiser here - after 67 cruises, mostly on Celebrity and HAL,  I figured it was time to try Crystal!

Would you please add me to the Future Cruise Sticky Thread?

July 10 - R/T Nassau - Liz (Liz) 

Thank you -

Liz

On 3/24/2021 at 5:33 PM, Keith1010 said:

Once again for those of you who would like me to list you on the future cruising thread please just use the following format.

August 7 Nassau R/T followed by Cruise Critic Name and the first name of you and any others traveling with you.

Keith

Don't think we asked to be added:   July 3 & July 10 Nassau R/T, GWESQ & ATA, Gil & Arlene

2 hours ago, gwesq said:

Don't think we asked to be added:   July 3 & July 10 Nassau R/T, GWESQ & ATA, Gil & Arlene

We were added. I asked Keith. 🙂

3 hours ago, Liz said:

Another new Crystal cruiser here - after 67 cruises, mostly on Celebrity and HAL,  I figured it was time to try Crystal!

Would you please add me to the Future Cruise Sticky Thread?

July 10 - R/T Nassau - Liz (Liz) 

Thank you -

Liz

Liz you're practically spitting distance from us. We're in Sarasota and will be on the July 10th sailing.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, AtA said:

Liz you're practically spitting distance from us. We're in Sarasota and will be on the July 10th sailing.

Too funny! I live in Wellen Park (formerly known The West Villages). We are neighbors, kinda...🤣

Liz

Edited by Liz

I just went to make spa appoints for July b2b

Very few times available

Either everyone has booked up or they are holding back times

1 minute ago, bitob said:

I just went to make spa appoints for July b2b

Very few times available

Either everyone has booked up or they are holding back times

based on numerous past experiences, the times are not all available on line

nancy

1 hour ago, bitob said:

Could be

I got basically what I wanted so I am ok with what I booked

I think the spa will be busy on these cruises!

Nancy is right. They only list a small amount of times. 

Keith. 

4 hours ago, bitob said:

Could be

I got basically what I wanted so I am ok with what I booked

I think the spa will be busy on these cruises!

Following up once you are onboard at the spa desk or by phone is very effective for rescheduling or booking. The Spa will usually offer specials and some are only available on Port days.

I definitely understand that need to get certain services reserved in advance! 

On my very first cruise ever, on a mass market line, I had heard how hard it could be to get spa bookings, therefore I actually ran with my life jacket still on right to the spa desk after muster drill.

I know that I can always reschedule.  I just like to have something confirmed before I board the ship -- especially on a cruise will a greater percentage than usual might remain on the ship instead of going ashore.

I would like this thread to stay focused on the original subject.

If you have booked one of the Nassau Cruises and would like me to add you to the Future Cruising Sticky Thread please post on this thread.  

I am keeping the format very simple so just post as follows.

July 17 Nassau R/T  JoeCruiser (John/Cynthia)

Keith

Hi Keith, tomorrow I am calling Crystal to see about a July cruise as well🙂 after all these

years and ALL the crap that has happened over the past year, maybe 2021 is finally my time

to try Crystal😃

4 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi Keith, tomorrow I am calling Crystal to see about a July cruise as well🙂 after all these

years and ALL the crap that has happened over the past year, maybe 2021 is finally my time

to try Crystal😃

Lois, this is wonderful news.

I hope you are able to try Crystal this time around.  COVID-19 was a reminder we need to not put off to tomorrow those things we can do today.

Keith

It's a thread which is interesting... crystal cruise Caribbean...yes great cruising is going ahead but that said I think well as for UK prices it's so cheap I'm not sure it's going to give the full reflection of luxury experience..for one I have heard of people who are used to mainstream lines going to try this out because of price & short cruise itinerary..( nothing wrong with mainstream I guess some of use have experienced it at sometime but I have moved on!!) I know I'm going to be slaughtered I am ready for it ..snob no !! Just maybe wanting to keep luxury luxury!!😉

12 hours ago, Lois R said:

to try Crystal😃

Hi lois r .. jumping from silversea!!! I just added a reply ref Caribbean crystal cruise & I guess it sounds great ..but the price for us in UK is very very cheap ( if we can fly from UK by then ) and having experience of crystal & silversea over the last 20 years I feel that the short cruise experience is not going to be a good judge( could be proven wrong of coarse) of the crystal experience..I say this knowing that lots of mainstream cruisers think it's s great deal so passenger base may not be the true story..oh I'm going to be shot down in flames ..shame on me 😞

I'm not worried in the least about the 'clientele they're attracting'.  No flames, just respectful disagreement based on my personal experience.

Almost everyone I know who has sailed Crystal (certainly including myself) has also sailed on mass-market lines -- either before, after or in between Crystal sailings.

Also, the per diems aren't THAT low -- especially right now where there are huge bargains out there in luxury travel.  I've paid similar per diems in the past for off-season or irregular sailings on Crystal multiple times.

Yeah, I just realized that I'm exactly the kind of riff-raff everyone is trying to avoid...  😜  Oops!

Vince

7 minutes ago, BWIVince said:

I'm not worried in the least about the 'clientele they're attracting'.  No flames, just respectful disagreement based on my personal experience.

Almost everyone I know who has sailed Crystal (certainly including myself) has also sailed on mass-market lines -- either before, after or in between Crystal sailings.

Also, the per diems aren't THAT low -- especially right now where there are huge bargains out there in luxury travel.  I've paid similar per diems in the past for off-season or irregular sailings on Crystal multiple times.

Yeah, I just realized that I'm exactly the kind of riff-raff everyone is trying to avoid...  😜  Oops!

Vince

Riff- raff not my word .. and yes I have been on several mainstream lines before my experience of silversea/regent/ crystal I'm only saying that I would rather wait until cruising is representative of what I have experienced over the last 20 years( 35 years cruising total) not just to take a cruise for a cruise ( if you know what I mean) no hard feelings I hope just my opinion ...happy cruising 🚢

Hi Lvshack🙂 nice to see you again!

Now that I posted on here I am not sure I am sailing.....but still in the "thinking about it" mode.

SS just came out with a Press Release for MOON sailing out of Greece this summer😃 so I am

looking at that.....it sounds fantastic and so I am weighing my options.