Jump to content

UK Only Viking Venus Cruise


NeilP57
 Share

Recommended Posts

I am wondering about the price for the drinks package on the UK 7 day cruises. How much and was there any difference between buying onboard or in advance?

Thanks 🙂

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, photopro2 said:

I am wondering about the price for the drinks package on the UK 7 day cruises. How much and was there any difference between buying onboard or in advance?

Thanks 🙂

 

 

£108 if you purchase in advance.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Glenndale said:

£108 if you purchase in advance.

Someone who has been on the Around Britain cruises will need to confirm if the prices onboard are in dollars.  If so, it might be cheaper to wait….the SS package was $139 for our 7 night cruise around Iceland which corresponds to the $19.95 per day advertised price. 

Edited by Clay Clayton
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Clay Clayton said:

Someone who has been on the Around Britain cruises will need to confirm if the prices onboard are in dollars.  If so, it might be cheaper to wait….the SS package was $139 for our 7 night cruise around Iceland which corresponds to the $19.95 per day advertised price. 

Purchased on board @ £139. Well worth it if you have a pre-dinner drink and a cocktail in the theatre. Also you get £25 special wine pairing at Chef's Table.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, kittycrews said:

Purchased on board @ £139. Well worth it if you have a pre-dinner drink and a cocktail in the theatre. Also you get £25 special wine pairing at Chef's Table.

Wow! Us Yanks get a £38 discount😊

Edited by Clay Clayton
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, kittycrews said:

Purchased on board @ £139. Well worth it if you have a pre-dinner drink and a cocktail in the theatre. Also you get £25 special wine pairing at Chef's Table.

Are you sure it was £ and not $ ?

All prices on board were quoted in $
We didn’t buy the package as we don’t drink much alcohol and it wouldn’t have been worthwhile.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, photopro2 said:

Thank you everyone, that was just the info I was looking for.

We have a zero exchange fee credit card, so buying onboard should be a small saving 🙂🍷🍾 

That’s exactly what I have done on our current Iceland cruise. £108 if purchased pre cruise in the UK or $139 if purchased on board. So a small saving by buying on board given current FX rate plus the added bonus of one less expense if for whatever reason you don’t travel. 
 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, NeilP57 said:

That’s exactly what I have done on our current Iceland cruise. £108 if purchased pre cruise in the UK or $139 if purchased on board. So a small saving by buying on board given current FX rate plus the added bonus of one less expense if for whatever reason you don’t travel. 
 

 

 

Indeed. That's my thought too. On my Adriatic cruise, that would account for a further £308 held that could have been avoided in the event it didn't sail. I calculate it will cost me £286 when boarding if all things remain constant, so a further reason to do so. Hopefully Viking don't decide to increase the price once on board, which obviously could happen.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, les37b said:

 

Indeed. That's my thought too. On my Adriatic cruise, that would account for a further £308 held that could have been avoided in the event it didn't sail. I calculate it will cost me £286 when boarding if all things remain constant, so a further reason to do so. Hopefully Viking don't decide to increase the price once on board, which obviously could happen.

Some cruise lines add a service charge usually around 15% when buying drinks packages onboard, but I don’t know if this is true for Viking 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, JessM66 said:

Some cruise lines add a service charge usually around 15% when buying drinks packages onboard, but I don’t know if this is true for Viking 

 

The cost of the Silver Spirits package and the drinks onboard have gratuity already included.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, les37b said:

Hopefully Viking don't decide to increase the price once on board, which obviously could happen.

I think it has been a constant price for quite a while, but I may be mistaken. If I am mistaken, no doubt somebody will put me right. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Holland America Line’s Alaska Exploration Sale
      • Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Q&A with American Queen Voyages
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...