Jump to content

Equinox November 2021 sailing chance


Recommended Posts

Given that they are 9 and 12 night itineraries I'm not sure they will sail as advertised.  Not sure how long it's going to take for CDC to lift the 7 day requirement.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The odds of it going somewhere is good, but don't plan on visiting many of the ports in the intinerary.  Not quite a cruise to nowhere, but there will likely be a port or two that will be open.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, marieps said:

I certainly hope they will sail.  I have an October TA out of Southampton.  Hoping that goes too.

I would be less sure about the TA than a regular Caribbean sailing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Houndfish said:

What is your opinion on November 21 sailings happening?

If you told us where and how long, we could give a better answer without looking them up.  It all depends on how the countries where there are port calls are with COVID.  There are likely to be many changes for the rest of 2021 even for cruises that sail.  The rules then will likely require immunization.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, marieps said:

The good news is my ship is already in Europe, and would have to cross at some point.  

It could cross without passengers.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

Given that they are 9 and 12 night itineraries I'm not sure they will sail as advertised.  Not sure how long it's going to take for CDC to lift the 7 day requirement.

The current requirement for 7-day cruises goes up to 1 November as of this date.  Hopefully they won't extend it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Auntiemomo said:

The current requirement for 7-day cruises goes up to 1 November as of this date.  Hopefully they won't extend it.

Did you hear this officially?  And if not extended, hopefully they'll give us a reasonable 7 day alternative in a reasonable time, as in...before making air/hotel reservations.   Ideally, before making final payment...as if...LOL.  L&S is more likely.

Edited by Oceangoer2
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Oceangoer2 said:

Did you hear this officially?  And if not extended, hopefully they'll give us a reasonable 7 day alternative in a reasonable time, as in...before making air/hotel reservations.   Ideally, before making final payment...as if...LOL.  L&S is more likely.

Yes it's official.  It was posted by CDC months ago.  I can be extended of course, or dropped early.

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, marieps said:

Yes it's official.  It was posted by CDC months ago.  I can be extended of course, or dropped early.

Thanks.  I knew there was a 7 day CDC requirement, not that it was up to Nov. 1st.  So our cruise is on the 12th. Doubting it'll go at 10 days, and maybe not even 7 days.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am on the Equinox November 7th 12 day Southern Caribbean.  I would think by November, at least in the US we would be close to normal with most of the population being vaccinated by then.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, dallasdan said:

I am on the Equinox November 7th 12 day Southern Caribbean.  I would think by November, at least in the US we would be close to normal with most of the population being vaccinated by then.

You think the vaccine alone will combat the next wave and return normality?

Edited by BigAl94
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
On 3/17/2021 at 4:03 PM, wrk2cruise said:

Given that they are 9 and 12 night itineraries I'm not sure they will sail as advertised.  Not sure how long it's going to take for CDC to lift the 7 day requirement.

We have a 15 day PC out of Fort Lauderdale this October 12. Hubby thinks the 7 day restriction will be lifted but I doubt it. Already booked an April 2022 PC to replace it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I certainly hope we will be sailing the Reflection November 20th.  If, for whatever reason, it is cancelled, my friends and I have agreed to an all-inclusive resort instead.  My TA is hoping along with us, but is willing to help with alternative plans. 

 

BTW,  we have all received the Moderna shots and one of us has consistently tested positive for the antibodies after her surviving COVID last year.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: American Queen Steamboat Company
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com - June 2021
      • ICYM Our Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Explore the Remote World with Hurtigruten!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...