Howard would I calculate Cunard Care Ins?

You can get a quote for the CunardCare coverage by starting a booking on the Cunard website and clicking the "Include CunardCare" radio button on the "Your voyage summary" page. I'm getting quotes before I tell them anything about myself, so the cost for CunardCare doesn't appear to depend on your age. But it does appear to depend on the length of your voyage.

The quotes for CunardCare that I am getting on the Cunard US website are exactly 9% of the base fare for voyages of 14 nights or less and exactly 11% of the base fare for voyages longer than 14 nights.

By "base fare", I mean the fare before adding in the taxes, fees and port expenses.

Posted (edited)

Yeah too expensive. Probably wont buy it unless required and has not been for us passengers. Northern lights cruise is $1100.00 premium to protect 12k. Our  medical plan  with Kaiser would pay for evacuation and emergency  medical. Cunard only pays $20,000 medical and $50, 000 evac. If I have to pay 9% to protect the cruise fare, I don't see it .

i know P& O is requiring insurance but they are only accepting British passengers so no way to know if a US passenger would be required to purchase. 

Edited by oskidunker

I had an email today from Cunard for my Jul 2022 cruise which said cruise insurance was a condition of sale and it must include Covid cover and £2 million medical repatriation.  It also said that they would be checking insurance documents at boarding and you would be refused if they didn't think the insurance was good enough. The link in the email quoted me £78 for 2 people for 10 days (European cover).  This is in the UK. I have insurance through my bank but will need to double check what it covers.

• 2 weeks later...

There is a lady who used to post on this board named Lynn (Known as Jimsgirl). She would often take round trip Trans Atlantics. On one crossing she had a stroke in Brugges. She was taken ashore to a Hospital. Cunard's Insurer stepped in to make sure she had proper care. When she was able to be re-patriated she was sent home Business class with a companion traveling with her to make sure she got home safely. I would say that is worth the Cunard Care. I am 77 and I have been traveling since my early 60's and I always buy Cunard Care. It is worth the peace of mind it gives. 

Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, Bigmike911 said:

There is a lady who used to post on this board named Lynn (Known as Jimsgirl). 

Very sadly, I have to tell you that Lynn passed away earlier this year. She was a wonderful lady and is greatly missed by all who knew her.

Stewart

Edited by BigMac1953
8 minutes ago, BigMac1953 said:

Very sadly, I have to tell you that Lynn passed away earlier this year. She was a wonderful lady and is greatly missed by all who knew her.

Stewart

Stewart, thanks for the update. Lynn truly was a wonderful lady and made friends easily. I think that is why she enjoyed her cruises. It gave her the chance to meet new folk. All of the people she met, myself included have been made better by her time on this earth. She also had a wicked sense of humor. 

6 hours ago, BigMac1953 said:

Stewart

Thank you for letting us know the sad news.  When Alison and I arrived at the Cruise Critic meet on the crossing on which we met Lynn, she was the first one to come up to us and welcome  us to the meeting. We purchased the DVD about that crossing and Lynn was seen arriving at one of the captain's parties.