What were people really wearing on evening chic nights before Covid?

njpln

Since retiring, and pre covid, we usually did an eight week trip in the fall and another in the winter.   

We do the same.  International carry on size that stays with us, never checked.  Besides size, there is typically an 8kg weight restriction on regional airlines in Europe and Asia.  And they often weigh!  In some instances we pay more to carry on than we would to check but we have no issue with that.

Edited by iancal

We only take cruises twice a year for at least 14 days each.   I cannot imagine just having a carry on and a backpack.   When we go on hiking or camping trips we take just a carry on and a backpack.   Checked suitcases are required especially when there is no laundry facilities for guests.   I don’t want to wash clothing in the sink and then have wet clothing all over the bathroom or cabin.   With a checked bag or two we have no problem dressing up for dinner.   My husband doesn’t want to reuse shirts on a cruise.    Judging by the smell on the elevators, other passengers were reusing their shirts etc or they weren’t washing them sufficiently in their cabins.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Covepointcruiser said:

Judging by the smell on the elevators, other passengers were reusing their shirts etc or they weren’t washing them sufficiently in their cabins.

LOL. You must have a terribly sensitive nose!

By the way, you don’t have to wash shirts in the sink or offend very sensitive noses in elevators,  all Celebrity ships have laundry facilities on board. You just put those ‘dirties’ in a provided laundry bag, fill out the form, leave the bag on your bed,  and like make magic, it shows up a day or so later. And you don’t even notice the cost because it’s automatically added to your account and then added to your chargecard. And since you are on vacation, you dont have to worry about wasting time at the sink or in some self-serve ship laundry. And please, please please do not ask about laundry facilités in some port!

I hope you are never offended by my presence in an elevator, I do wear a shirt more than once. 

den

Edited by Denny01

10 minutes ago, Denny01 said:

By the way, you don’t have to wash shirts in the sink or offend very sensitive noses in elevators,  all Celebrity ships have laundry facilities on board. You just put those ‘dirties’ in a provided laundry bag, fill out the form, leave the bag on your bed,  and like make magic, it shows up a day or so later. And you don’t even notice the cost because it’s automatically added to your account and then added to your chargecard. And since you are on vacation, you dont have to worry about wasting time at the sink or in some self-serve ship laundry. And please, please please do not ask about laundry facilités in some port!

I hope you are never offended by my presence in an elevator, I do wear a shirt more than once. 

den

I too wear a shirt more than once, and I also take a shower every Thursday, whether I need it or not, see you in the aft elevator

• Haha 3

I realize there is a difference between preferring going casual but dressing up when specified, and those that refuse to.  All our choices. But what I got a kick out of was the guy who say they had to wear coat and tie to work so refuse to their vacations, which is another way of saying, I’ll wear a coat and tie when paid but won’t when my wife asks me to dress up a bit. 

And yes, heard all the arguments back and forth. I love the current state of Celebrity so it all pretty much goes away. We can go tux, jackets, or shirt and pants. If that’s a problem, then I think the complainer is just looking for an argument. 

Just funny on our priorities. 

den

• Like 3

I was given the choice to keep working at the office, because I'm in an essential business.  I've been wearing jeans for a year even though it's usually allowed only on Friday.  No manager at work to tell me to dress up.

4 minutes ago, zitsky said:

I was given the choice to keep working at the office, because I'm in an essential business.  I've been wearing jeans for a year even though it's usually allowed only on Friday.  No manager at work to tell me to dress up.

But do they allow you in Luminae at the office?

18 minutes ago, KWW88 said:

But do they allow you in Luminae at the office?

No Luminae.  Just two break rooms with microwaves that won't pop popcorn properly.  Someone still puts it in the vending machine.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, zitsky said:

No Luminae.  Just two break rooms with microwaves that won't pop popcorn properly.  Someone still puts it in the vending machine.

Our office while officially closed, is open under what we call Limited Access Phase, up to 10% capacity on any given day.  People have to schedule an appointment, complete health questionnaire, then we open their access card for the day.  We do not provide any on-site services, i.e. bottled water, coffee, snacks, vending, we do though have microwaves for them.