Just a couple questions ...

Posted (edited)

I have a couple questions .... I saw the PACKAGE available for" Bon Voyage" which was a little expensive, and balloons not wanted .... Does anyone know how much a standard bottle of champagne in the room when you broad costs?... I also saw I could bring the bottle in my bags...but actually would like it as a surprise in the room and I am also going to order flowers  ...... the other question I have ..... has been 12 years since doing a cruise and on this one we have PRE-PAID GRATUITIES .... but we also have a Cabana for the week and I am sure that is not covered ..... what is average tip for cabana?   I have no clue...is it different people?  How do you tip for this extra service?    thank you for answers 

Edited by nashkan

5 hours ago, nashkan said:

I have a couple questions .... I saw the PACKAGE available for" Bon Voyage" which was a little expensive, and balloons not wanted .... Does anyone know how much a standard bottle of champagne in the room when you broad costs?... I also saw I could bring the bottle in my bags...but actually would like it as a surprise in the room and I am also going to order flowers  ...... the other question I have ..... has been 12 years since doing a cruise and on this one we have PRE-PAID GRATUITIES .... but we also have a Cabana for the week and I am sure that is not covered ..... what is average tip for cabana?   I have no clue...is it different people?  How do you tip for this extra service?    thank you for answers 

You can order a bottle of “champagne” on it’s own.  You don’t need to order the Bon Voyage package.  You have already found where you can pre-order, just go back and choose beverages and you will see the different wines that you can pre-order and the pricing.

Also, you can order it on board if you prefer.  Same with the flowers.

Haven’t had a cabana myself, but from what I have read on the boards, I believe there is no additional HSC charged for it.  Many do tip on their own though.  Hopefully, someone who has had one can confirm for you.

Posted (edited)

I really can't tell you much about how tipping in the cabanas works as we've never had one but, generally when we tip above and beyond the standard gratuities that are collected, we will do it in cash and often will enclose it in an envelope with a note to the individual, or a card doing the same.  If there is a additional gratuity for having a cabana I would really expect that it is collected in the daily charge for it.  Any additional tipping is optional and really is up to the person giving the tip; there is no right or wrong amount.  Whenever we've done this we've never been made to feel as though we were being cheap; the crew simply seem grateful and gracious in accepting any amount.

So far as champagne in the room upon boarding, there is a very limited number of choices available online for order pre-cruise in your account.  If you click on "Manage My Cruise" and then look for the "Beverages" button, you'll see the options and costs there.  You can also call Ship Services at 800-541-1576 to order.  You'll want to have it delivered on the day of departure which should have it in your room when you arrive but isn't a guarantee.  You may not want to be the first on board in this case. 😁

Hope that's helpful!

Edited by 0bnxshs

@0bnxshs and @kazu tipping in a cabana is NOT covered in the hotel service charge. Never has been.

How much you tip is always personal and dependent on the extra service performed, which from our experience has always been exceptionally satisfying. Remember the bar stewards that service the cabanas are not covered in the hotel service charge, like your dining or cabin staff, so they are far more dependent on tips, and they definitely earn them. For a week cruise, I would suggest not less than $30 per cabana steward, unless you don't require much service. There will be 2, or sometimes 3 cabana stewards on the bigger ships.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, CruiserBruce said:

@0bnxshs and @kazu tipping in a cabana is NOT covered in the hotel service charge. Never has been.

How much you tip is always personal and dependent on the extra service performed, which from our experience has always been exceptionally satisfying. Remember the bar stewards that service the cabanas are not covered in the hotel service charge, like your dining or cabin staff, so they are far more dependent on tips, and they definitely earn them. For a week cruise, I would suggest not less than $30 per cabana steward, unless you don't require much service. There will be 2, or sometimes 3 cabana stewards on the bigger ships.

I did not say tips for cabana personnel was covered in the HSC.  I said I expected it was covered in the daily charge for the cabana, if there is a gratuity collected in that charge at all.  The deck/pool stewards assigned to the cabanas generally don't receive gratuities unless they are part of the lido dining or bar staff.  Bar stewards are covered by the gratuities collected on drinks ordered when there is a charge for them.  I also pointed out that additional tipping is always optional and up to the individual.

The available literature for cabanas (located here) does not specify whether gratuities are collected with the daily rates.

Edited by 0bnxshs

1 hour ago, CruiserBruce said:

It never hurts to be generous.  It is always appreciated.

20 minutes ago, 0bnxshs said:

I did not say tips for cabana personnel was covered in the HSC.  I said I expected it was covered in the daily charge for the cabana, if there is a gratuity collected in that charge at all.  The deck/pool stewards assigned to the cabanas generally don't receive gratuities unless they are part of the lido dining or bar staff.  Bar stewards are covered by the gratuities collected on drinks ordered when there is a charge for them.  I also pointed out that additional tipping is always optional and up to the individual.

The available literature for cabanas (located here) does not specify whether gratuities are collected with the daily rates.

Tipping is not covered in the price of the cabana. The staff assigned to the Cabana are bar stewards...BPA is the actual title, I can't remember what the letters stand for. Their contract is different from the room and dining room stewards, and yes, they are more dependent on tipping for their income. The Lido stewards are also bar stewards.

We have had cabanas on 6 different ships, with two more cabanas booked for 2022.

Note: in the post you quote I was also coving issues Kazu brought up.