NCL Spirit -- Inside cabin question

Thinking about taking the Spirit to Alaska.  How is the cabin noise -- can you hear your neighbor?  Any real cons to this ship?  We have cruised to Alaska with Celebrity, Princess, RCI and Holland.  Saw the Spirit's itinerary and it caught my eye.  Thanks in advance for your help, I appreciate it.

There are  a few very large inside cabins aft on deck 9.  We were in an aft facing suite and saw these cabins as we walked by. Quite nice.   It was very quiet back there.   Spice H20 is now above, so not sure of noise level from there. It was a kids pool when we were on her. Don’t remember noise then.  

It also has a foreword lounge for viewing. Nice for Alaska.  I think it was refurbished shortly before the pause in cruising. Small ship. I don’t know the itinerary,  but perhaps it can get into ports other ships can’t. 

We had an inside on the refurbished spirit with no issues at all. Beautiful ship and great service. Double check that you are looking at the new deck plans as some passengers we spoke to had booked cabins which were under the gym after refurbishment (not when they booked) and had a real problem with noise from above. Oh and don't forget that you can ask for a coffee maker in your inside cabin from your steward.

We sailed on the Spirit several times (see signature below for dates/places) and had inside cabins each time.  It was quite some time ago (10-15 years) and Spirit has been refurbed several times since then.  That said we never noticed any noise from the neighboring cabins when we were aboard.

Spirit was a lovely ship when we sailed on her & from what other posters have said she's maintained her reputation since then.  Our son & his wife did a European cruise aboard Spirit a couple of years back & they loved it!  Spirit is a unique ship and different from the other ships in NCL's fleet.

Good luck & hope you have a great cruise!

Spirit was vastly refurbed last Feb.  Only a couple sailings then...Kids pool aft now gone.

Spirit is oldest in fleet but one our favorites.  Has huge tiered seating aft.  It is a great ship with lots of amenities.

I'd caution aft room unless fixed, we had severe shaking above 21 knots but on Alaska route probably not often.

We were on the NCL Spirit in Nov-Dec 2019 on deck five, inside. It was great and we were very pleased with the cabin and entire experience. And this cruise was before the refurbishment.!

Thank you all very much for your input, I appreciate it.  The Spirit to Alaska has a very nice itinerary.  We are long time Alaska cruisers and this particular route gives us a unique opportunity to provide some of our favorite ports in one sailing.  Haven't been on NCL since the Norway so it will seem a little strange for us.  One thing that we always did enjoy about NCL was the friendly staff.