https://www.icelandair.com/blog/iceland-is-open-faq/

Another step in the right direction.  Interesting I never thought about vaccinated and previously infected?  One of our friends that said she would never get the vaccine has had the virus a couple of months ago.  Some thing for Viking to think about?

I know some of Viking excursions are to Iceland.......

We offer a friendly reminder to travelers that it is their responsibility to ensure they have the relevant documents and meet the entry requirements for their destination.

Kind of sounds like what Hawaii is doing.  You better do it right or we will send you home.

31 minutes ago, Porcupine 52 said:

Another step in the right direction.  Interesting I never thought about vaccinated and previously infected?  One of our friends that said she would never get the vaccine has had the virus a couple of months ago.  Some thing for Viking to think about?

We offer a friendly reminder to travelers that it is their responsibility to ensure they have the relevant documents and meet the entry requirements for their destination.

Kind of sounds like what Hawaii is doing.  You better do it right or we will send you home.

Good point re self awareness and preparedness. Am also thinking of the voice of caution from Dr Fauci re vaccines and variants. Being vaccinated does not translate...yet...to dropping all the precautions like masking, social distance etc. 

10 hours ago, Porcupine 52 said:

Interesting that previously infected are allowed since health experts think having Covid 19 may only offer immunity for 3 months or so and recommending that those people also be vaccinated.

We were at a vaccination clinic yesterday and several of the individuals around us receiving vaccines reported having had confirmed cases of COVID earlier in the pandemic.  There is still so much we don't know about this virus, I wouldn't take anything for granted nor will I drop my current safety practices.  

Last time an Icelandic volcano blew it effected air traffic for months.  That was 2010. 

This one they say is not a smoke and ash show like the last one and when I read last night was not effecting Icelandair's schedule.