Jump to content

Queen Elizabeth cruises for UK residents


turnip eater
 Share

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, bluemarble said:

Here's what I'm seeing for QE's new itineraries on the Cunard UK website, especially for those outside the UK who may be interested in seeing what we will be missing.

 

19 Jul 2021: The British Isles, Scenic Cruising, 4 Nights (Q119P) - South Cornwall Scenic Cruising

 

23 Jul 2021: The British Isles, Scenic Cruising, 3 Nights (Q119Q) - South Cornwall Scenic Cruising

 

26 Jul 2021: The British Isles, Scenic Cruising, 4 Nights (Q120P) - South Cornwall Scenic Cruising

 

30 Jul 2021: The British Isles, Scenic Cruising, 7 Nights (Q120Q) - Scottish Isles Scenic Cruising

 

6 Aug 2021: The Sun Voyages, 7 Nights (Q121P) - Sun Voyages around the British Isles

 

13 Aug 2021: The British Isles, Scenic Cruising, 7 Nights (Q122P) - Scottish Isles Scenic Cruising

 

20 Aug 2021: The Sun Voyages, 7 Nights (Q123P) - Sun Voyages around the British Isles

 

27 Aug 2021: The British Isles, Scenic Cruising And Liverpool, 7 Nights (Q124P) - Scottish Isles Scenic Cruising, Liverpool

 

3 Sep 2021: The British Isles, 7 Nights (Q125P) - Greenock, Liverpool, Holyhead

 

10 Sep 2021: The British Isles, Scenic Cruising And Liverpool, 4 Nights (Q126P) - South Cornwall Scenic Cruising, Liverpool

 

14 Sep 2021: The British Isles, 10 Nights (Q127P) - Invergordon, Liverpool, Belfast, Greenock, Holyhead

 

24 Sep 2021: The Sun Voyages, 7 Nights (Q128R) - Sun Voyages around the British Isles

 

1 Oct 2021: The British Isles, 12 Nights (Q129Q) - Newcastle, Invergordon, Belfast, Liverpool, Holyhead

 

What I'm not seeing yet is a QE voyage departing Southampton 13 Oct 2021 for Barcelona to link up with the scheduled 18 Oct 2021 departure (Q132P) from Barcelona to Singapore.

 

It's also interesting to see the calls to Holyhead. On the "Where in the World?" thread it took some investigating to determine when/where a Cunard ship had ever called at a port in Wales.

I wonder how many plaques the ship will receive for calling into some of these ports for the first time?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

I wonder how many plaques the ship will receive for calling into some of these ports for the first time?

 

I just noticed I omitted Greenock in one of the new QE itineraries I posted earlier today.

 

1 Oct 2021: The British Isles, 12 Nights (Q129Q) - Newcastle, Invergordon, Belfast, Greenock, Liverpool, Holyhead.

 

For maiden calls by QE in these new itineraries, I believe those will be Holyhead on 8 Sep 2021 and Newcastle on 3 Oct 2021.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I was holding off booking with other companies until I saw the dates/itineraries.  

 

Unfortunately, due to annual leave difficulties, we are unable to book any of them.  

 

We've booked with Princess in Sept as the dates work, which is a shame as Cunard are definitely my cruise line of choice.

Edited by Lynnewob
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, LadyL1 said:

I have found a website with all the prices and surprisingly some categories show as "waitlisted". Perhaps this is their planned way of reducing pax. All fares on the Cunard site now.

Also, these cruises seem

more expensive than P&O and Princess.

Hadn’t seen sites with the prices, but will look now. Seriously considering a QE2 cruise to replace our cancelled QM2 one. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Minnie29 said:

What are your thoughts on these cruises? 

Do you think they will be popular?

In conversation with my TA/cruise specialist today ( 26th March) I understand  two of the 4 day itineraries are 'almost' fully booked, via pre registration .

 

This morning, Cunard Line unexpectedly allowed  pre registration for these British Isle cruises .  

I managed to get in quick for a seven day trip ,however, on a guarantee basis for PG. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I registered with our Cruise Agent this morning before I even made breakfast. She feels fluid pricing will kick in very quickly so asked for my upper price limit. Fingers crossed we get what we want - I know she’ll do her very best and got us exactly what we asked for when Princess released their seacations earlier this week.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

This FAQ entry caught my attention on the website for one of the big UK cruise booking sites contained within the description for one of the new QE "staycation" cruises.

 

Can I book back to back voyages?

You will not be able to book back to back voyages onboard Queen Elizabeth.

 

I have not seen this restriction mentioned on the Cunard UK website nor do I recall reading about this from anyone here. Since this is not coming directly from Cunard I can't vouch for its applicability. Perhaps it's only a policy with this one particular travel agency. Just bringing this up in case it might be an issue for any of you in the UK who may be planning on booking back to back "staycation" voyages on QE.

Edited by bluemarble
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I knew I'd seen it somewhere mentioned today. It's at the bottom of the email I received from Cunard this morning.

 

It is not possible to book back to back voyages.
 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
On 3/19/2021 at 3:06 PM, PORT ROYAL said:

BIL called regarding the schedules and asked if QE will enter international waters to allow Duty Free purchases.  Any ideas?

If the ships go into international water they will be classed as international travel and not allowed under the stage 3 of lifting of restrictions.  Domestic waters extend 12 nautical miles from the shore.  

Edited by seapals2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Bell Boy said:

In conversation with my TA/cruise specialist today ( 26th March) I understand  two of the 4 day itineraries are 'almost' fully booked, via pre registration .

 

This morning, Cunard Line unexpectedly allowed  pre registration for these British Isle cruises .  

I managed to get in quick for a seven day trip ,however, on a guarantee basis for PG. 

 

Hi how did you pre register with Cunard on website or phone we are looking to book one of the 7 day cruises round Britain 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have just phoned Cunard to pre register, and after waiting 25 minutes was told that this facility was not available! Looks as if this will have to be by a TA or join the bun fight on Wednesday morning.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, LadyL1 said:

I have just phoned Cunard to pre register, and after waiting 25 minutes was told that this facility was not available! Looks as if this will have to be by a TA or join the bun fight on Wednesday morning.

When we booked direct for our QE cruise for the 14th June '21 (now cancelled by Cunard) we could choose our balcony cabin number.

 

We have some FCC and are interested in 3rd Sept round Britain with stops at Holyhead, Liverpool and Glasgow.

 

1 minute ago, lindylooellalouise said:

Hi we’ve registered with TA 7 Nights round Britain in August could even choose our cabin 👍

Ah well done, picking own cabin is a must for us, especially after reading Host Hattie's long list of obstructed cabins (above). Yep a good TA would know which ones to avoid

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Bertie Doe said:

When we booked direct for our QE cruise for the 14th June '21 (now cancelled by Cunard) we could choose our balcony cabin number.

 

We have some FCC and are interested in 3rd Sept round Britain with stops at Holyhead, Liverpool and Glasgow.

 

Ah well done, picking own cabin is a must for us, especially after reading Host Hattie's long list of obstructed cabins (above). Yep a good TA would know which ones to avoid

Hope you manage to get booked up with the choice of cabin you want 👍

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, lindylooellalouise said:

Hi we’ve registered with TA 7 Nights round Britain in August could even choose our cabin 👍

We have done the same, hopefully we will get our cabin of choice. At the very least it defines the block of cabins / deck we are interested in rather than a random allocation.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

We have just spoken to Cunard directly on the phone and they are not pre-registering any of the QE Summer 2021 bookings before 31st March

Edited by Mojo2012
Missed
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, seapals2 said:

If the ships go into international water they will be classed as international travel and not allowed under the stage 3 of lifting of restrictions.  Domestic waters extend 12 nautical miles from the shore.  

 

Are you sure? Friends have been offered a cruise with SAGA in July.  From Tilbury, sailing to Lerwick.After a stop sailing to Norway for a sail through the Fjords.

Edited by Redrobo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Mojo2012 said:

We have just spoken to Cunard directly on the phone and they are not pre-registering any of the QE Summer 2021 bookings before 31st March

You need to register your interest with a TA as the cruises are released to them first then the price will increase 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, lindylooellalouise said:

Hope you manage to get booked up with the choice of cabin you want 👍

I can't rush OH as she also wants to see what Princess and (coming soon) Celebrity has to offer. Of course, picking a cabin is such a big carrot, so we may be joining LadyL in the bun-fight on Wednesday ☺️ or as you have done, try an online TA :-- If you look at the 14th June trip and click on balconies, you'll see a warning note about rooms 4001 - 42 have metal fronted balconies. I guess it's because the cabin is low down and at the front.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Bertie Doe said:

I can't rush OH as she also wants to see what Princess and (coming soon) Celebrity has to offer. Of course, picking a cabin is such a big carrot, so we may be joining LadyL in the bun-fight on Wednesday ☺️ or as you have done, try an online TA :-- If you look at the 14th June trip and click on balconies, you'll see a warning note about rooms 4001 - 42 have metal fronted balconies. I guess it's because the cabin is low down and at the front.

 

Good luck anyway please post when you’ve booked up🤞🏻

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, lindylooellalouise said:

Hi how did you pre register with Cunard on website or phone we are looking to book one of the 7 day cruises round Britain 

Don't bother trying ( at the moment ) to book these cruises on the Website ( you may have so many questions you'll need answering )  Call Cunard direct ,or use a 'Cunard preferred' Cruise specialist company.    

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Bell Boy said:

Don't bother trying ( at the moment ) to book these cruises on the Website ( you may have so many questions you'll need answering )  Call Cunard direct ,or use a 'Cunard preferred' Cruise specialist company.    

Thank you have used a Cunard cruise specialist so hopefully all will be confirmed Wednesday 👍

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, LadyL1 said:

I have just phoned Cunard to pre register, and after waiting 25 minutes was told that this facility was not available! Looks as if this will have to be by a TA or join the bun fight on Wednesday morning.

Hello LadyL1 ..By the way, you and I know each other ( from previous cruises) 

I can't believe you are wasting time phoning Cunard . Get onto one of the leading 'CUNARD' cruise specialists/TA . They are accepting pre registrations as I speak ! ... As I'm unable to mention my preferred Cunard cruise specialist ..google or check out the rear pages of the Saturday Daily  Mail. 😉  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, lindylooellalouise said:

Thank you have used a Cunard cruise specialist so hopefully all will be confirmed Wednesday 👍

There you go LadyL1 ...😉   Don't waste any time phoning the Saturday Girls at Carnival House . 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Holiday Exchange - Jingle and Mingle 2021
      • Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Q&A with Silversea Cruises Nov 29th at 3 p.m. EST
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: Holland America Line’s Black Friday Sale
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...