Celebrity will be restarting cruising out of St. Maarten on June 5th with Millennium

dkjretired

58 minutes ago, baldilocks said:

The problem with your statement is that it does not say where the teacher got infected. At home? At the grocery store? etc. Who knows? Implying that the teacher was infected in a classroom is misleading.

Maybe I missed it but I don't see where drakes2 implied where the teacher got it, she just stated that she is an elementary school teacher.  If I said that a young lawyer in my area is in hospital with COVID would that imply he got it in his law firm?

• Like 1

Just now, Preacherman46 said:

Are there going to be special flight rates or flight inclusive rates for June Cruise, or cruises out of St. Maartin? 

Assuming you are referring to Flights By Celebrity, you can probably do a mock booking to ascertain that information.

4 minutes ago, silkismom said:

I just looked at Flights by Celebrity and it showed Azamara and Royal as brand options, no Celebrity, hummmm

I believe that you'll need to wait until March 25, when the cruise is open for bookings, to look for pricing.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, silkismom said:

I just looked at Flights by Celebrity and it showed Azamara and Royal as brand options, no Celebrity, hummmm

Weekend update perhaps?  Weird that Azamara is on there since the deal closed yesterday.

15 minutes ago, Preacherman46 said:

Are there going to be special flight rates or flight inclusive rates for June Cruise, or cruises out of St. Maartin? 

The email from Celebrity includes this paragraph:

Take advantage of special air and sea pricing offering exceptional savings on all Summer 2021 St. Maarten sailings starting at $1,999* per person for a veranda stateroom. The offer applies to new bookings and flights must be booked through Flights By Celebrity and prices include airfare taxes. No promotional code is needed.

Does anybody have any insight as to whether this is supposed to mean that airfare is included with the cabin pricing?  Or just that there is special airfare pricing available as an add-on and that the special airfare pricing includes airfare taxes?  I could read it either way.

Tom & Judy

1 minute ago, Fouremco said:

I believe that you'll need to wait until March 25, when the cruise is open for bookings, to look for pricing.

Currently you can't book air for any =X= sailing.  Just Azamara (?) and RCCL. 

4 minutes ago, ECCruise said:

Currently you can't book air for any =X= sailing.  Just Azamara (?) and RCCL. 

Well, I just did a dummy Flights By Celebrity YYZ-FLL return flight booking with no difficulty for a January cruise. 

1 hour ago, LGW59 said:

Maybe I missed it but I don't see where drakes2 implied where the teacher got it, she just stated that she is an elementary school teacher.  If I said that a young lawyer in my area is in hospital with COVID would that imply he got it in his law firm?

dd is a middle school science teacher in NJ.  More than half the kids opted for full time remote learning.  Some classes she only has 4 students physically in the classroom.  Despite this her school was just shut down for the third time due to outbreaks.  Principal, head custodian and a teacher all very sick.  Fortunately she just received her first shot.  

21 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

Well, I just did a dummy Flights By Celebrity YYZ-FLL return flight booking with no difficulty for a January cruise. 

Maybe a different server in Canada?  On Chrome, Edge, Firefox, Safari and Silk, this is all that is available in the US.

image.png.4e8ffb7e1022e9eff95a99ce524da061.png

Just now, silkismom said:

I was beginning to think I was crazy.

No, you weren't.

IF you have a current reservation and IF you access it through your cruise personalizer, you can look at flight options for that sailing only. 

But you cannot look at potential flight arrangements on FlightsbyCelebrity.com, neither for a booked sailing or a potential sailing, unless it is with Azamara or RCCL.   Likely just a weekend glitch, though. 

2 hours ago, baldilocks said:

The problem with your statement is that it does not say where the teacher got infected. At home? At the grocery store? etc. Who knows? Implying that the teacher was infected in a classroom is misleading.

@baldilocks I implied no such thing and no one has been misled.  I merely stated a young female school teacher has become infected with covid and is fighting for her life. 

• Like 4

There are not enough scheduled airlines to St Martin to accommodate the number of people who would be on the cruise and besides there are many dates the cruises start or end that there are no scheduled flights.

I am sure that this is why Celebrity is going to charter a few planes for these dates and make the rates inclusive. $1999 may be high for a balcony but when you figure the cost of another flight for you would be around $600 or more that makes the cruise price only $1399 or less. 

58 minutes ago, ECCruise said:

Maybe a different server in Canada?  On Chrome, Edge, Firefox, Safari and Silk, this is all that is available in the US.

image.png.4e8ffb7e1022e9eff95a99ce524da061.png

50 minutes ago, ECCruise said:

No, you weren't.

IF you have a current reservation and IF you access it through your cruise personalizer, you can look at flight options for that sailing only. 

But you cannot look at potential flight arrangements on FlightsbyCelebrity.com, neither for a booked sailing or a potential sailing, unless it is with Azamara or RCCL.   Likely just a weekend glitch, though. 

OK, I see why there's a difference. I'm accessing Flights By Celebrity through the main Celebrity website, not through FlightsbyCelebrity.com. As I said in an earlier post, no flight details are available for the Millennium yet because the cruise itself isn't available on the website for booking. Flights for cruises currently offered are available for browsing, whether or not you have booked the cruise. You simply need to do a search for a cruise and then follow the View Itinerary & Flights link instead of the Book Now link.

Flight query screen:

1033347828_ScreenShot2021-03-20at2_30_17PM.thumb.png.f1fce66da5378fd9729075d8e283b266.png

First screen of results:

2106856844_ScreenShot2021-03-20at2_36_06PM.thumb.png.f41e2e645c3602787bc8ff9026f2ba30.png

Edited by Fouremco

I know some folks have expressed concern about unvaxinated children being allowed to sail on one of these first Millennium cruises. OTOH after all that has happened this past year regarding COVID in general, I'm trying to figure out why any parents would feel the need to place their unvaccinated children in harms way by being around other unvaccinated children on one of these first cruises sailing out of St Maarten?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

OK, I see why there's a difference. I'm accessing Flights By Celebrity through the main Celebrity website, not through FlightsbyCelebrity.com. As I said in an earlier post, no flight details are available for the Millennium yet because the cruise itself isn't available on the website for booking. Flights for cruises currently offered are available for browsing, whether or not you have booked the cruise. You simply need to do a search for a cruise and then follow the View Itinerary & Flights link instead of the Book Now link.

I see that now.  I've always used Choiceair.com or FlightsbyCelebrity.com instead of going through the extra steps of the main website.

Still think it is a temporary glitch.

37 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

I know some folks have expressed concern about unvaxinated children being allowed to sail on one of these first Millennium cruises. OTOH after all that has happened this past year regarding COVID in general, I'm trying to figure out why any parents would feel the need to place their unvaccinated children in harms way by being around other unvaccinated children on one of these first cruises sailing out of St Maarten?

I think some parents may not be worried due to the fact that children generally seem not to have severe symptoms when they get COVID.  

9 minutes ago, cruiserchuck said:

I think some parents may not be worried due to the fact that children generally seem not to have severe symptoms when they get COVID.  

That is true, however, there are and have been exceptions to this.  I have 2 kids, both adults now, but if I were planning a cruise under these circumstances the last thing I would selfishly do, and yes IMO, it is selfish, would be to bring them on a cruise ship.  We have come to far in the past year to start this, let it play out a while longer, it will get better.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, drakes2 said:

@baldilocks I implied no such thing and no one has been misled.  I merely stated a young female school teacher has become infected with covid and is fighting for her life. 

What school or city in Ontario is that teacher from?  do you know personally?

31 minutes ago, ECCruise said:

I see that now.  I've always used Choiceair.com or FlightsbyCelebrity.com instead of going through the extra steps of the main website.

Still think it is a temporary glitch.

I'm sure you're right. With all the cruise cancellations and the move of the Millennium to the Caribbean, there must be a lot of database updating going on. And that's just with Celebrity.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, drakes2 said:

As I type this a young elementary school teacher is in hospital with covid 19 fighting for her life. This is in my area. 

Just followed the Global News report at St Sofia's in Mississauga....report of 3 teachers in hospital, several staff.  However, news not released re teachers' status.  Hopefully the 'fighting for life' is not an actual report.  I pray for them.  DD is a teacher in the area.