My Viking Journey Support

Over time, I have experienced multiple instances where My Viking Journey (MVJ) has had various glitches and problems. Sometimes the page with my air reservations is found, sometimes it is not. The site frequently gives me a page and then locks up. There are itineraries where support on MVJ have been 'coming' for over a year (see Mississippi and expedition cruises). People are reporting you cannot book excursions on MVJ where other people report they can. I am beginning to seriously wonder about the security for the credit card and echeck data we put on that site.

6 hours ago, dwlmg said:

Over time, I have experienced multiple instances where My Viking Journey (MVJ) has had various glitches and problems. Sometimes the page with my air reservations is found, sometimes it is not. The site frequently gives me a page and then locks up. There are itineraries where support on MVJ have been 'coming' for over a year (see Mississippi and expedition cruises). People are reporting you cannot book excursions on MVJ where other people report they can. I am beginning to seriously wonder about the security for the credit card and echeck data we put on that site.

Send an email to:  "tellus@vikingcruises.com"

I doubt there are people on this forum who can answer your concerns.  But I realize it helps to vent.

Obviously I don't know the specifics about Viking's website, but I do work in the payments industry and the security is very strong (unless we're talking about out right fraud - which Viking is not) when entering card information. In fact, while it apears to you that are you entering info on their page, you are typically entering information in an embedded, secure component (an "iframe" technically). Again, without knowing the specifcs, your card number should never be visible to the Vendor (Viking) and CANNOT be stored in unecrypted form. Doing so is a major violation and would trigger extreme fines by the card brands and banks. Can't comment on the rest of your experience, but I wouldn't worry much about your card data. (Although you should ALWAYS monitor statements for unrecognized charges ,of course.)