Jump to content

Travel Insurance cruise cover.


Recommended Posts

38 minutes ago, Windsurfboy said:

One way to get through to Staysure, request a quote online , but don't buy it, 2 or 3 days later they will phone you. You can just then say by the way .......

That's interesting.. I have just received an online quote. Will see if they phone me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, downsmead said:

In my experience, their next step is to offer a discount on your online quote!

 

Same for me.  15 months for the price of 12 and extra discount code vie email.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, jaydee6969 said:

 

Same for me.  15 months for the price of 12 and extra discount code vie email.  

They offer that anyway if you phone.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I didnt take any notice of the discount offered on my online quote I got more discount by booking travel insurance through cashback site.

Link to post
Share on other sites

... and finally .. today after receiving mail from Aviva who underwrite the M&S bank annual travel for premium club members which basically said go back to the broker (M&S) its their responsibility to provide the endorsement to the policy as its written.  Aviva only deal with customers who take out their travel policy direct.   they gave me the number for M&S to use to contact Aviva and consult with the underwriters themselves.  

However after ringing M&S the problem has finally been fully clarified.  We will receive the full £10 million cover whilst onboard the ship to cover medical and repatriation costs but once back on land in the UK we would be transferred to a NHS hospital and cover will be reduced back to £10K.  They have confirmed this in an email to take alongside our policy booklet. 

I hope for anybody else who has cover through their bank or building society the answer will be the same.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, seapals2 said:

... and finally .. today after receiving mail from Aviva who underwrite the M&S bank annual travel for premium club members which basically said go back to the broker (M&S) its their responsibility to provide the endorsement to the policy as its written.  Aviva only deal with customers who take out their travel policy direct.   they gave me the number for M&S to use to contact Aviva and consult with the underwriters themselves.  

However after ringing M&S the problem has finally been fully clarified.  We will receive the full £10 million cover whilst onboard the ship to cover medical and repatriation costs but once back on land in the UK we would be transferred to a NHS hospital and cover will be reduced back to £10K.  They have confirmed this in an email to take alongside our policy booklet. 

I hope for anybody else who has cover through their bank or building society the answer will be the same.  

 

Excellent! But will Nationwide take the hint? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Scriv said:

 

Excellent! But will Nationwide take the hint? 


I think there is really no reason they won’t follow Barclays  and M&S banks.  
Aviva gave me this number 0800 051 6670 keypad option 2 then 4 to be passed on to M&S so they could speak directly with the underwriter.  
Didn’t need to in the end as they had already made the decision.  It makes total sense that once you step onboard and sail you are no longer in the UK. even if you remain in coastal waters.  It’s not like being in a UK hotel where you could just call an ambulance.  Yet it’s taken weeks to arrive at this point.  Many will have already opted to buy alternative insurance to just cover the short time on the ship.  It has been a new concept and something not tried before, hence the confusion.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Scriv said:

 

Excellent! But will Nationwide take the hint? 

Hopefully HSBC will be the same as they use Aviva

Link to post
Share on other sites

I may be wrong, but I think HSBC use UK Insurance Ltd.

 

Anyway, good news - Nationwide and HSBC have officially confirmed their cover to meet P&O requirements and you can download and print the Confirmation of Cover letter for your policy via a link on their website. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Scriv said:

I may be wrong, but I think HSBC use UK Insurance Ltd.

 

Anyway, good news - Nationwide and HSBC have officially confirmed their cover to meet P&O requirements and you can download and print the Confirmation of Cover letter for your policy via a link on their website. 

Excellent news thank you.  I think I will just pop off and have a look at Princess's offerings. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CCFC said:

Have you got a link to the HSBC confirmation of cover please

Hi Mike.. sorry, I haven't as I am with Nationwide. I think you have to go onto their website or phone them to ask for the link. Sorry I can't be more helpful. This is what I read about HSBC

They’ve confirmed that the policy meets or exceeds the requirements for P&O.
If you have an account with them that qualifies, call them. They’ll send you a link to an on line form. Complete this and they’ll send you a certificate of insurance to show on departure. Simple and quick.
 
 
 
 
 
Link to post
Share on other sites

 Important Travel Information | Nationwide - a Confirmation of Cover letter is available to download via  via the Travel Insurance Portal link on this website. Think it goes to the UK Insurance Ltd website, who are the underwriters.

I may have given wrong info on this page that UK Insurance Ltd are also the underwriters of HSBC. I have since seen this :

HSBC travel proof of cover - Aviva

 

Apologies for any confusion I have caused. 


 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Scriv said:

Hi Mike.. sorry, I haven't as I am with Nationwide. I think you have to go onto their website or phone them to ask for the link. Sorry I can't be more helpful. This is what I read about HSBC

They’ve confirmed that the policy meets or exceeds the requirements for P&O.
If you have an account with them that qualifies, call them. They’ll send you a link to an on line form. Complete this and they’ll send you a certificate of insurance to show on departure. Simple and quick.

 
 
 
Reply 
I had the same information when I went on to the Aviva website for travel proof.  What I actually received was a pdf download of the policy booklet I already have.  They then referred me back to M&S who act as a broker like other banks and are underwritten by Aviva.   The endorsement has to come from the broker ..in our case M&S.  I think Barclays .. Nationwide and HSBC use Aviva to underwrite their travel insurance.  
 
 
 

 

Edited by seapals2
Reply not showing
Link to post
Share on other sites

Notice a lot of the banks use aviva for the insurance cover really find it strange that you can't get aviva direct travel insurance with aviva , I had a policy with them and would let me carry on at double the price at renewal when all this started but didn't renew as I won't be cruising till 2022 fingers crossed 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, seapals2 said:

 

Nationwide's travel insurers are UK Insurance Limited, who also act on behalf of several other banks. The link on Nationwide's website goes to the UK Travel Insurance portal, where you can download a Confirmation of Cover letter specific to you and your policy number and upgrades/add ons etc. The letter is addressed to you and specifically mentions the UK cruises and amount required and also clarifies their Covid Cover. 

Edited by Scriv
Link to post
Share on other sites

Having just managed to get the Confirmation of Cover letter for a Nationwide travel insurance, the process is to use the  Nationwide link, scroll down to the "Make a claim online" Section where there is a link to "UK Insurance Portal"

 

If you haven't already created an account on the portal you can do so using the Nationwide account details. Then under the "My Policy" tab select "Cover" - on this page there is a link for "Confirmation of Cover Document" which gives a personalised letter as confirmation of cover.

 

It has a section saying that it "will provide cover for emergency medical and repatriation costs up to £10,000,000 when you are travelling on a UK cruise that departs in 2021 (for a minimum of two nights)"

Link to post
Share on other sites

Natwest (also UK Insurance) have also updated their cover:-

 

UK Cruise

As a result of the Covid-19 pandemic some UK cruise providers now require travel insurance to provide at least £2,000,000 of cover for emergency medical and repatriation costs. In response to this change we are extending our limit for UK cruises departing in 2021. This policy will provide cover for emergency medical and repatriation costs up to £10,000,000 when you are travelling on a UK cruise that departs in 2021. The cruise duration must be for a minimum of 2 nights for cover to apply. You must ensure you meet all the conditions of carriage for your cruise provider.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, jmcd1969 said:

Natwest (also UK Insurance) have also updated their cover:-

 

UK Cruise

As a result of the Covid-19 pandemic some UK cruise providers now require travel insurance to provide at least £2,000,000 of cover for emergency medical and repatriation costs. In response to this change we are extending our limit for UK cruises departing in 2021. This policy will provide cover for emergency medical and repatriation costs up to £10,000,000 when you are travelling on a UK cruise that departs in 2021. The cruise duration must be for a minimum of 2 nights for cover to apply. You must ensure you meet all the conditions of carriage for your cruise provider.

Thanks for this information jmcd. It's valuable to me as I'm with Natwest and when I called them last week they said they weren't covering UK cruises to the value that most cruise companies are demanding - they must have had a rethink. I'll call them again tomorrow to ask them about this change. Thanks again. Jane.x

Link to post
Share on other sites

After following this thread for a few weeks I finally phoned Nationwide this morning re- my Flexplus policy. I received an updated policy document in my new insurance Portal within the hour. This is an excerpt from it. 

 -----------------------------------------------

Specific Requirements

As a result of the Covid-19 pandemic some UK cruise providers now require travel insurance to provide at least £2,000,000 of cover for emergency medical and repatriation costs. In response to this change we are extending our limit for UK cruises departing in 2021. This policy will provide cover for emergency medical and repatriation costs up to £10,000,000 when you are travelling on a UK cruise that departs in
2021. The cruise duration must be for a minimum of 2 nights for cover to apply. You must ensure you meet all the conditions of carriage for your cruise provider.

------------------------------------------------

Big relief and thankfully I can cruise in less than 3 weeks knowing we are covered if the need arises and also fulfil the cruise company's requirements. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Beckett said:

Thanks for this information jmcd. It's valuable to me as I'm with Natwest and when I called them last week they said they weren't covering UK cruises to the value that most cruise companies are demanding - they must have had a rethink. I'll call them again tomorrow to ask them about this change. Thanks again. Jane.x

If you log in to your membership benifits NatWest Membership Services and then select user benefit, you can click on a downloadable, personalized Confirmation of Cover document.

 

Should save a phone call 🙂

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: American Queen Steamboat Company
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com - June 2021
      • ICYM Our Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Explore the Remote World with Hurtigruten!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...