Jump to content

Reciprocal status for Celebrity Elite


prish
 Share

Recommended Posts

My family and I are Elite on Celebrity and want to sail Azamara for the first time in 2022. What do I have to do before I book a cruise to get reciprocal status? I believe that would be Discoverer.

 

I called Azamara but the agent I got didn’t quite  seem to understand my question. Can I do this online or will I need to actually book a cruise? At the present juncture we’re not too keen on tying up money with cruise lines, we just got refunds on cancelled cruises for this year.

 

Thanks in advance 😊

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don’t think anyone knows for sure. It will likely depend on when the split happens and what they decide to do with bookings made before the split. . As you saw on the other loyalty benefits thread, eventually status on Azamara will not exist for Captain’s Club members who have earned all of their points on Celebrity. The loyalty benefits on AZ have always been different (and less than those on Celebrit IMO). But, eve without getting your Celebrity status, I expect you would enjoy the cruise experience on Azamara (if it remains comparable to before the pandemic and the sale to Sycamore). Cheers!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

One option to keep our status would be to book a cruise for 2022, but we’re not quite yet ready for that and prefer to wait and watch the cruising protocols going forward.
 

Anyway, as CYNSport says, the Azamara experience will probably cover so much more that we won’t miss the loyalty benefits...😊

Edited by prish
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I did notice that I could not login to our Azamara profile with our loyalty number

We had status based on out Celebrity elite as well.

Sent an email to customer service and the reply seemed to be clueless with respect to my question or what happens to our status

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Fogfog said:

I did notice that I could not login to our Azamara profile with our loyalty number

We had status based on out Celebrity elite as well.

Sent an email to customer service and the reply seemed to be clueless with respect to my question or what happens to our status

I don’t know long it’s been since you logged on to Azamara, but, quite a while ago, I remember having to change from my username to my email for the login.  Now, I can only login using my email.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, CYNSport said:

I don’t know long it’s been since you logged on to Azamara, but, quite a while ago, I remember having to change from my username to my email for the login.  Now, I can only login using my email.

Ah TY

Its been at least since COVID that I tried and it didn’t work

I will try to reset it

Do I need to contact their loyalty cs for help? Or can it be done via the website?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Fogfog said:

Ah TY

Its been at least since COVID that I tried and it didn’t work

I will try to reset it

Do I need to contact their loyalty cs for help? Or can it be done via the website?

At the time it happened there was a prompt to make the change to our email accounts.. If I were you, I would call and see if they can reset it for you or at least explain how to get your account working again, 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Azamara was sold. New owner will. Are the rules. I would be pleased if they continue loyalty like it was before the sale. However, it would not surprise me if they don’t recognize loyalty from before the sale.  It’s a new cruise line. The new company bought the ships and the name. That doesn’t mean it will continue any features of the previous Azamara. Wait and see.  Loyalty programs on some cruise lines has been dropping benefits.  Those benefits are nice. However, they are expensive for the cruise line.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Read the above thread.

As I understand it, you have to have sailed at least once on Azamara for the Loyalty status on Celebrity to carry over to Azamara.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

Read the above thread.

As I understand it, you have to have sailed at least once on Azamara for the Loyalty status on Celebrity to carry over to Azamara.

That’s how I read it too.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

My account is still showing my Celebrity status and points as well as Discovery Plus.  Perhaps they haven't had time to wipe off the reciprocity status.

 

I have had the same problem as Fogfog, even after getting a new password.  Every time I log in, I am told either my user name or password is wrong.  I just go ahead and click on account on the top bar and presto, I'm in.  I don't understand it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, JsMom2 said:

Yes basically there is no reciprocity between Royal/Celebrity and Azamara, since they are no longer sister companies.  

Not correct. Look at Post 9 and follow the link. If you read what is there you will see the confirmation of continued reciprocity for now.  OK it doesn’t say for ever, but it was never a for ever. 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/27/2021 at 2:16 AM, uktog said:

Not correct. Look at Post 9 and follow the link. If you read what is there you will see the confirmation of continued reciprocity for now.  OK it doesn’t say for ever, but it was never a for ever. 

Thanks.  That is a change from the original plan.  But it makes sense as the loyalty plans use a shared database that is not easily updated.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...