Who has decided to take a summer staycation cruise?

seapals2

Just now, lindylooellalouise said:

Hi just checked not allocated yet☹️

I don't think it will be long although it may be a case of waiting to see what, if any, restrictions are lifted on the 21st. as it seems the first cruise has about 1000 passengers.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, lindylooellalouise said:

Wow fantastic news we haven’t been allocated our yet did you get an email? Or did you check your vp starting to get excited and a bit nervous now 🤗

We got our stateroom by email.....our friends who are on this cruise are still waiting for their room number.....

• Like 1

Just a thought on those waiting for their state room number. When did you book?

What I'm thinking is the first 1000 people have been allocated a stateroom but after that P&O are waiting to see if the 1000 passenger or 50% limit is lifted before allocating them.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MX-Drew said:

What I'm thinking is the first 1000 people have been allocated a stateroom but after that P&O are waiting to see if the 1000 passenger or 50% limit is lifted before allocating them.

We booked on opening day. 

Just checking on the list of requirements to get onboard.....let me know if it’s missing any items.

1. Booking reference

2. Two vaccine injections and proof

3. Get insurance that covers seacation in U.K., ( any votes on the best one )

4. Go on V P....add a photo, .....plus ?

5. Are Health questionnaires been sent out on separate emails ?

6. Get boarding time

7. Go to Mayflower Terminal for pre lateral flow test before parking 🚗 

8. Drop off cases at shipTerminal

9. Park car or they park car

10. ........TBC

No. 7 not heard or read this 😮 are you leaving from Mayflower?

my list is more condensed than yours, you must be a better planner than me 🙂 

for those waiting for room allocation, I never got an email and was glitchy on the booking details.  However, came up if I went to the make a payment page. Even though I had already paid weeks ago. 

1 hour ago, MX-Drew said:

Cruise lines generally oversell staterooms, they will have a process to deal with this if there is a need.  

If arriving by car with parking booked with CPS

To start your P&O Cruises holiday check-in, you will need to arrive via dock gate 20 and head to our drive-through COVID-19 testing centre (complimentary in the price of your holiday) at Mayflower Cruise Terminal, Herbert Walker Avenue, Southampton SO15 1HJ. Your e-ticket/boarding pass will show your ship’s terminal but you will head there after you have completed the drive-through testing at Mayflower Cruise Terminal. Don’t worry, we will have staff on hand to guide you through. Please arrive at your allocated time, as stated on your e-ticket/boarding pass. You’ll wait in the car while e-tickets/boarding passes, Health Declaration confirmation emails and vaccination statuses are checked for all guests – please have your paperwork ready! Once these checks have been satisfied and testing is complete, you’ll drive to your ship’s terminal (as shown on your e-ticket/boarding pass) where you’ll drop off your luggage and hand your car to CPS.

https://www.pocruises.com/cruise-with-confidence/preparing-to-sail

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Pink-belle said:

In your opinion, or maybe just factual knowledge.

I have no knowledge one way or the other, but I assumed that you would provide evidence to back up your claim.

Obviously airlines overbook, but I was not aware that cruise lines did the same, so I was interested to know your source of information.  

Just now, wowzz said:

I have no knowledge one way or the other, but I assumed that you would provide evidence to back up your claim.

Obviously airlines overbook, but I was not aware that cruise lines did the same, so I was interested to know your source of information.  

To be completely honest, I feel no need to provide “evidence” or enter debate with you, having seen how things sometimes drag on, on what should be a friendly message board, where we are, in the main all looking forward to a nice little getaway. 
I just wanted to post a reassurance that not being allocated your room yet was not an indication of there not being room on the ship.

I and many others have experienced very nice incentives to move sailings if there should be a need.  Never has this happened to me from a non allocated stateroom position.

searching Move over offers will I am sure provide the evidence you seek.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, stephenSJ said:

If arriving by car with parking booked with CPS

To start your P&O Cruises holiday check-in, you will need to arrive via dock gate 20 and head to our drive-through COVID-19 testing centre (complimentary in the price of your holiday) at Mayflower Cruise Terminal, Herbert Walker Avenue, Southampton SO15 1HJ. Your e-ticket/boarding pass will show your ship’s terminal but you will head there after you have completed the drive-through testing at Mayflower Cruise Terminal. Don’t worry, we will have staff on hand to guide you through. Please arrive at your allocated time, as stated on your e-ticket/boarding pass. You’ll wait in the car while e-tickets/boarding passes, Health Declaration confirmation emails and vaccination statuses are checked for all guests – please have your paperwork ready! Once these checks have been satisfied and testing is complete, you’ll drive to your ship’s terminal (as shown on your e-ticket/boarding pass) where you’ll drop off your luggage and hand your car to CPS.

https://www.pocruises.com/cruise-with-confidence/preparing-to-sail

Thank you for this, I did actually just go and print the CPS documentation and had a glance at it, I see info about the drive through testing centre.  
I need to read in depth to find out what time I need to get there. To check whether that is my embarkation time or if I need to complete testing prior to embarkation time,

I have one eye here and the other eye on my work screen 😏 self employed before anyone thinks I am breaking any rules 😀

1 minute ago, wowzz said:

I can give you an example of when we were booked on the "Artemis Farewell" cruise and got a phone call a week prior to say they were overbooked.  It was a 14 night Med cruise in April.  We were offered a full refund + an alternative cruise of up to 17 nights before the end of that year.  As much as we had very much been looking forward to that cruise, it was we considered, an offer we could not refuse!  We gracefully accepted our refund + an Adonia cruise of 17 nights leaving on the 31st August.  They did not have any obstructed outside cabin's either, so we had to accept a standard window cabin (which I insisted had to be mid ship).

I very much doubt that level of offer would be made now, but with a cruise like that, I think a lot of people would have been very loath to accept a cancellation, so I suspect they had to give something that was really enticing.  I had initially answered the phone and after me telling DH about the overbooking, he said, "That is P&O's problem" firmly, but soon changed his mind after I had explained the full details 🙂

Still felt a bit sad about missing the cruise though as we loved Artemis.

6 minutes ago, tring said:

I can give you an example of when we were booked on the "Artemis Farewell" cruise and got a phone call a week prior to say they were overbooked.  It was a 14 night Med cruise in April.  We were offered a full refund + an alternative cruise of up to 17 nights before the end of that year.  As much as we had very much been looking forward to that cruise, it was we considered, an offer we could not refuse!  We gracefully accepted our refund + an Adonia cruise of 17 nights leaving on the 31st August.  They did not have any obstructed outside cabin's either, so we had to accept a standard window cabin (which I insisted had to be mid ship).

I very much doubt that level of offer would be made now, but with a cruise like that, I think a lot of people would have been very loath to accept a cancellation, so I suspect they had to give something that was really enticing.  I had initially answered the phone and after me telling DH about the overbooking, he said, "That is P&O's problem" firmly, but soon changed his mind after I had explained the full details 🙂

Still felt a bit sad about missing the cruise though as we loved Artemis.

Princess on a number of occasions have overbooked cruises and offered similar alternatives in the past to those prepared to cancel and move to another cruise.

• Like 1

On 6/8/2021 at 8:26 PM, Purdey16 said:

Keep the thoughts away and print your e ticket and boarding pass up load your photo you can choose one from your photo library as long it’s not 3 months older, I’ve done mine yesterday and today and just got to pack now and find a nice bling face mask for the formal night ( Hope there is one ) 

On 6/8/2021 at 11:01 PM, indiana123 said:

I found some nice ones on Etsy.  They have a couple of rows of tiny 'crystals', but aren't tacky at all.  I was surprised how nice they were...They came with a free pair of gloves which are nice. I've put them away for the autumn/winter.

Our “evening” face masks have arrived.  Such quick delivery, I went for a plain silk it doesn’t seem very thick and nowhere to insert a filter, hoping that will be okay. But very pretty, if given approval of “suitable” I will order a couple more colours. 

ordered DH triple thickness very nice looking masks, they look quite large and the elastic thicker than I would find comfortable. Will update with his thoughts when he is home. 
happy to provide links if anyone else was looking for the pleated type.  Most evening styles seem to be the other more structured shape that we don’t get on with. 

• Like 2