Jump to content

Who has decided to take a summer staycation cruise?


Recommended Posts

On 5/27/2021 at 7:30 PM, lindylooellalouise said:

Hi our cruise is not till 4 th July but just wondering when cabins will be allocated 🤗

We are on the 4 July and got our stateroom number a few days ago 2 ago......makes you think it might now happen....🛳🛳🛳⛴⛴⛴⛴

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Rocky of London said:

We are on the 4 July and got our stateroom number a few days ago 2 ago......makes you think it might now happen....🛳🛳🛳⛴⛴⛴⛴

Wow fantastic news we haven’t been allocated our yet did you get an email? Or did you check your vp starting to get excited and a bit nervous now 🤗

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, lindylooellalouise said:

Wow fantastic news we haven’t been allocated our yet did you get an email? Or did you check your vp starting to get excited and a bit nervous now 🤗

You need to check in vp, I didn't get an email. 

In vp go to Check in and on the first page at the top the stateroom number is there. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, lindylooellalouise said:

Hi just checked not allocated yet☹️

I don't think it will be long although it may be a case of waiting to see what, if any, restrictions are lifted on the 21st. as it seems the first cruise has about 1000 passengers.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, lindylooellalouise said:

Wow fantastic news we haven’t been allocated our yet did you get an email? Or did you check your vp starting to get excited and a bit nervous now 🤗

We got our stateroom by email.....our friends who are on this cruise are still waiting for their room number.....

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a thought on those waiting for their state room number. When did you book?

What I'm thinking is the first 1000 people have been allocated a stateroom but after that P&O are waiting to see if the 1000 passenger or 50% limit is lifted before allocating them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MX-Drew said:

Just a thought on those waiting for their state room number. When did you book?

What I'm thinking is the first 1000 people have been allocated a stateroom but after that P&O are waiting to see if the 1000 passenger or 50% limit is lifted before allocating them.

We booked on opening day. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MX-Drew said:

Oh well that's my theory out the window.

Also it's exactly 21days till sailing for us, it wasn't in vp last night but it was there there at 9am today

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just checking on the list of requirements to get onboard.....let me know if it’s missing any items.

1. Booking reference

2. Two vaccine injections and proof

3. Get insurance that covers seacation in U.K., ( any votes on the best one )

4. Go on V P....add a photo, .....plus ?

5. Are Health questionnaires been sent out on separate emails ?

6. Get boarding time

7. Go to Mayflower Terminal for pre lateral flow test before parking 🚗 

8. Drop off cases at shipTerminal

9. Park car or they park car

10. ........TBC

Link to post
Share on other sites

No. 7 not heard or read this 😮 are you leaving from Mayflower?

my list is more condensed than yours, you must be a better planner than me 🙂 

 

for those waiting for room allocation, I never got an email and was glitchy on the booking details.  However, came up if I went to the make a payment page. Even though I had already paid weeks ago. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MX-Drew said:

Just a thought on those waiting for their state room number. When did you book?

What I'm thinking is the first 1000 people have been allocated a stateroom but after that P&O are waiting to see if the 1000 passenger or 50% limit is lifted before allocating them.

Cruise lines generally oversell staterooms, they will have a process to deal with this if there is a need.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Pink-belle said:

Cruise lines generally oversell staterooms, they will have a process to deal with this if there is a need.  

That's a brave assertion ! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

If arriving by car with parking booked with CPS

To start your P&O Cruises holiday check-in, you will need to arrive via dock gate 20 and head to our drive-through COVID-19 testing centre (complimentary in the price of your holiday) at Mayflower Cruise Terminal, Herbert Walker Avenue, Southampton SO15 1HJ. Your e-ticket/boarding pass will show your ship’s terminal but you will head there after you have completed the drive-through testing at Mayflower Cruise Terminal. Don’t worry, we will have staff on hand to guide you through. Please arrive at your allocated time, as stated on your e-ticket/boarding pass. You’ll wait in the car while e-tickets/boarding passes, Health Declaration confirmation emails and vaccination statuses are checked for all guests – please have your paperwork ready! Once these checks have been satisfied and testing is complete, you’ll drive to your ship’s terminal (as shown on your e-ticket/boarding pass) where you’ll drop off your luggage and hand your car to CPS.

 

https://www.pocruises.com/cruise-with-confidence/preparing-to-sail

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Pink-belle said:

In your opinion, or maybe just factual knowledge.

I have no knowledge one way or the other, but I assumed that you would provide evidence to back up your claim.

Obviously airlines overbook, but I was not aware that cruise lines did the same, so I was interested to know your source of information.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, wowzz said:

I have no knowledge one way or the other, but I assumed that you would provide evidence to back up your claim.

Obviously airlines overbook, but I was not aware that cruise lines did the same, so I was interested to know your source of information.  

To be completely honest, I feel no need to provide “evidence” or enter debate with you, having seen how things sometimes drag on, on what should be a friendly message board, where we are, in the main all looking forward to a nice little getaway. 
I just wanted to post a reassurance that not being allocated your room yet was not an indication of there not being room on the ship.

I and many others have experienced very nice incentives to move sailings if there should be a need.  Never has this happened to me from a non allocated stateroom position.

 

searching Move over offers will I am sure provide the evidence you seek.

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, stephenSJ said:

If arriving by car with parking booked with CPS

To start your P&O Cruises holiday check-in, you will need to arrive via dock gate 20 and head to our drive-through COVID-19 testing centre (complimentary in the price of your holiday) at Mayflower Cruise Terminal, Herbert Walker Avenue, Southampton SO15 1HJ. Your e-ticket/boarding pass will show your ship’s terminal but you will head there after you have completed the drive-through testing at Mayflower Cruise Terminal. Don’t worry, we will have staff on hand to guide you through. Please arrive at your allocated time, as stated on your e-ticket/boarding pass. You’ll wait in the car while e-tickets/boarding passes, Health Declaration confirmation emails and vaccination statuses are checked for all guests – please have your paperwork ready! Once these checks have been satisfied and testing is complete, you’ll drive to your ship’s terminal (as shown on your e-ticket/boarding pass) where you’ll drop off your luggage and hand your car to CPS.

 

https://www.pocruises.com/cruise-with-confidence/preparing-to-sail

Thank you for this, I did actually just go and print the CPS documentation and had a glance at it, I see info about the drive through testing centre.  
I need to read in depth to find out what time I need to get there. To check whether that is my embarkation time or if I need to complete testing prior to embarkation time,

I have one eye here and the other eye on my work screen 😏 self employed before anyone thinks I am breaking any rules 😀

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, wowzz said:

I have no knowledge one way or the other, but I assumed that you would provide evidence to back up your claim.

Obviously airlines overbook, but I was not aware that cruise lines did the same, so I was interested to know your source of information.  

 

I can give you an example of when we were booked on the "Artemis Farewell" cruise and got a phone call a week prior to say they were overbooked.  It was a 14 night Med cruise in April.  We were offered a full refund + an alternative cruise of up to 17 nights before the end of that year.  As much as we had very much been looking forward to that cruise, it was we considered, an offer we could not refuse!  We gracefully accepted our refund + an Adonia cruise of 17 nights leaving on the 31st August.  They did not have any obstructed outside cabin's either, so we had to accept a standard window cabin (which I insisted had to be mid ship).

 

I very much doubt that level of offer would be made now, but with a cruise like that, I think a lot of people would have been very loath to accept a cancellation, so I suspect they had to give something that was really enticing.  I had initially answered the phone and after me telling DH about the overbooking, he said, "That is P&O's problem" firmly, but soon changed his mind after I had explained the full details 🙂

 

Still felt a bit sad about missing the cruise though as we loved Artemis.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, tring said:

 

I can give you an example of when we were booked on the "Artemis Farewell" cruise and got a phone call a week prior to say they were overbooked.  It was a 14 night Med cruise in April.  We were offered a full refund + an alternative cruise of up to 17 nights before the end of that year.  As much as we had very much been looking forward to that cruise, it was we considered, an offer we could not refuse!  We gracefully accepted our refund + an Adonia cruise of 17 nights leaving on the 31st August.  They did not have any obstructed outside cabin's either, so we had to accept a standard window cabin (which I insisted had to be mid ship).

 

I very much doubt that level of offer would be made now, but with a cruise like that, I think a lot of people would have been very loath to accept a cancellation, so I suspect they had to give something that was really enticing.  I had initially answered the phone and after me telling DH about the overbooking, he said, "That is P&O's problem" firmly, but soon changed his mind after I had explained the full details 🙂

 

Still felt a bit sad about missing the cruise though as we loved Artemis.

Princess on a number of occasions have overbooked cruises and offered similar alternatives in the past to those prepared to cancel and move to another cruise.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: American Queen Steamboat Company - Celebrate Your Freedom
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com - June 2021
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...