Who has decided to take a summer staycation cruise?

seapals2

1 hour ago, tring said:

Not booked as yet and may leave a while as we do not cruise until 22nd October, but looks like it can be done online. 

DH has just said the he had seen a few reviews which did indicate they are not easy to contact by phone, especially the mobile number they give, but he is not clear exactly what the reviews said, so do not take my word for that.

I have used P4C a few times in the past but recently no-one seems to answer the phone.  I left 3 messages and nobody called back so in the end I booked with CPS who it turns out were £25 cheaper on the short staycations anyway.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Waju said:

I have used P4C a few times in the past but recently no-one seems to answer the phone.  I left 3 messages and nobody called back so in the end I booked with CPS who it turns out were £25 cheaper on the short staycations anyway.

P4C are cheaper on the longer cruises, over £30 cheaper than CPS on our 13 night Britannia cruise.

Just a quick catch-up, just off the ship and we seemed have a different experience to Pink-belle. We had a shower head but it was replaced within a couple of hours. We had a turn down service (apart from one day but that was our fault).

More later.

• Like 7

21 minutes ago, sandancer said:

Which hotel is the view from?

Looks like the Habour Hotel to me. 

Its a great ship spotting place. They have a bar on the top floor that you can watch all the shops leave from. I’m going there on Saturday! Lots of ships leaving

48 minutes ago, theborders said:

My view for breakfast just a couple more hours before we go off to the port

Have a nice break, enjoy your trip. I'll watch SOTON Live Cam and see you off at 18:00. If your balc is port side, wave a towel 😁

13 hours ago, Waju said:

With reference to P4C they recently put the following statement on their Facebook page on 9th June which might explain there being no answers from phone calls or e-mails-

We are pleased to announce we are back open for business as usual. Apologies to all those that have tried to get in touch whilst our offices were temporarily closed. To get in touch please call our old existing landline number or email us and we will endeavour to get back to you as soon as possible.
Apologies in advance if we do not reply to your emails immediately as we have an existing backlog that we will be getting through as quickly as we can. If your query concerns a cruise that is not leaving for the next few weeks then if possible if you could contact us in a a few weeks time, this would be greatly appreciated as by then we should be back ontop of things and in a much better position to reply or help with your query in a timely manner.
If you require a booking then please book online and we will look forward to greeting you on the day of your cruise,
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, MX-Drew said:

Just a quick catch-up, just off the ship and we seemed have a different experience to Pink-belle. We had a shower head but it was replaced within a couple of hours. We had a turn down service (apart from one day but that was our fault).

More later.

Were you in a Suite? From what I've seen on the various FB groups I'm in, suite and higher (is there higher?) passengers get turndown service, everyone else doesn't.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bertie Doe said:

Have a nice break, enjoy your trip. I'll watch SOTON Live Cam and see you off at 18:00. If your balc is port side, wave a towel 😁

Correction, I'm having a senior moment, I meant STARBOARD (right) side. Although most folk prefer to go topside for the sailaway, weather permitting. Met office say - dry, sunny intervals for 6pm

1 hour ago, Ladyshopper23 said:

Were you in a Suite? From what I've seen on the various FB groups I'm in, suite and higher (is there higher?) passengers get turndown service, everyone else doesn't.

Yes we were in a suite. I personally could not fault the service although I did feel the ship was under prepared. The two tv remotes and the safe had flat batteries and the shower head was faulty although all fixed within a couple of hours of reporting it.

As for cleanliness, it was second to none. We felt very safe.

Edited by MX-Drew
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, MX-Drew said:

Yes we were in a suite. I personally could not fault the service although I did feel the ship was under prepared. The two tv remotes and the safe had flat batteries and the shower head was faulty although all fixed within a couple of hours of reporting it.

As for cleanliness, it was second to none. We felt very safe.

I totally agree, service was excellent, really excellent.  I also felt completely safe, and I am risk adverse, 🤣 I took antibacterial wipes and sanitising spray with me, and never felt the need to use them even once.  There are new antibacterial wipe dispensers around open decks, good to see them but never felt the need to use them.  The staff were doing a great job.

Our shower head was never fixed, that is disappointing, as it was probably only a washer, and with so many empty cabins I fail to see why they couldn’t “borrow” a bit.  

My chat with loyalty and sales was very helpful, and led to further discussions.  
The Gin Cocktail menu in the Crows Nest has gone for good, apparently with their new arrangement with Salcombe Gin, they are working on something, of course I know that means we haven’t a clue what’s going on 🤣

According to Hotel Department, including our steward, P&O are trialling once a day servicing of cabins.  According to Carnival it’s only a Coronavirus protocol to limit contact. So not sure what the truth is.   I would be able to adjust to once a day service if I had too, but would want a choice, as I prefer an evening turn down service.

Bless our room steward he did us turn down service last night, that  earnt  him a Shine nomination and a little extra gratuity left in the cabin at our early departure. 

MX did your steward wear the, what I would call usual “shirt”?  For the first 3 days the room stewards in our area had grey and blue polo shirts with Housekeeping team on them. Yesterday they were back in the familiar uniform.

im going to write a full review, just need to hand out some more washing….

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Pink-belle said:

I totally agree, service was excellent, really excellent.  I also felt completely safe, and I am risk adverse, 🤣 I took antibacterial wipes and sanitising spray with me, and never felt the need to use them even once.  There are new antibacterial wipe dispensers around open decks, good to see them but never felt the need to use them.  The staff were doing a great job.

My chat with loyalty and sales was very helpful, and led to further discussions.  
The Gin Cocktail menu in the Crows Nest has gone for good, apparently with their new arrangement with Salcombe Gin, they are working on something, of course I know that means we haven’t a clue what’s going on 🤣

According to Hotel Department, including our steward, P&O are trialling once a day servicing of cabins.  According to Carnival it’s only a Coronavirus protocol to limit contact. So not sure what the truth is.   I would be able to adjust to once a day service if I had too, but would want a choice, as I prefer an evening turn down service.

That's a shame about the gin cocktail menu. My husband likes his gin, and he enjoyed selecting from that menu. I wonder if, due to potentially limited passengers numbers for a while and general uncertainty for the future, they are wanting to limit their outlay on provisions.

Like you, I'd prefer my cabin servicing done in the evening. In the morning there's always the feeling that you have to get out of the cabin to allow the steward to do his thing, and I like coming back to the cabin in the evening to be welcomed by the friendly glow of the lamp and a chocolate on my pillow

• Like 3

Just as an update, had an email from P&O regarding my cancelled staycation due to max 1000 pax limit following delayed 'freedom' day.

As of 8th July 2021 they will be working to revised government guidance of 50% vaccinated passenger capacity, with a revised vaccinated definition of 14 days following 2nd dose.

I was asked to contact them, and they would try and reinstate our suite on the cancelled cruise.

After a phone call, as I have booked onto the one after and have had stern B deck suite allocated, all they could offer was an A grade suite.  So decided not to change back, as we would not choose an A grade by preference.  They did offer Superior Deluxe as an alternative too, but we really want to try a suite.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

That's a shame about the gin cocktail menu. My husband likes his gin, and he enjoyed selecting from that menu. I wonder if, due to potentially limited passengers numbers for a while and general uncertainty for the future, they are wanting to limit their outlay on provisions.

Like you, I'd prefer my cabin servicing done in the evening. In the morning there's always the feeling that you have to get out of the cabin to allow the steward to do his thing, and I like coming back to the cabin in the evening to be welcomed by the friendly glow of the lamp and a chocolate on my pillow

Actually, it’s quite a funny story about the reason being due to “Corona” I’m just going to learn how to upload images on here.

• Like 1