Who has decided to take a summer staycation cruise?

seapals2

17 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

We have been previously in the evening when we have stayed at Holiday Inn Express and it was OK. I thought as we are not staying overnight pre cruise this time it would be a convenient stop for breakfast and you cannot go much wrong cooking breakfast.

I'm sure you will be OK for breakfast, plentiful and good value. 

The food was good. The issue we had was the other customers, 2 quite scary fights kicked off in the hour or so we were there. 

A few of the known avoidable faces from Southampton seemed to have made it their local.. 

Lets hope it has improved. 

Andy 

3 hours ago, jaydee6969 said:

You can opt to have your photo done at the terminal, you do not have to upload one.  We have done this, will see how it goes on Thursday.

Yes my travel agent says they can take your photo at the terminal, like in the old days, and that it's just to save time that they are asking people to upload photos. If you can't do it, don't worry, she said. I was worried, as I'm not very experienced with computers and haven't a clue how to upload things. So she put my mind at rest.

4 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

I'm sure you will be OK for breakfast, plentiful and good value. 

The food was good. The issue we had was the other customers, 2 quite scary fights kicked off in the hour or so we were there. 

A few of the known avoidable faces from Southampton seemed to have made it their local.. 

Lets hope it has improved. 

Andy 

Just wanted to say that it was nice to see you posting again !

• Like 1

We're sailing on Sunday and have 13.45 check in time , so are planning on getting into Southampton for 11,30 and go to brunch at one of the restaurants in Ocean Village . Apparently it's then just a few minutes drive to the Mayflower terminal . We'll stop eating in plenty of time 😃

• Like 1

Apologies if this has already been answered but I can’t go through 80 pages!
A few questions…..

What time was sail away approximately and was there any kind of sail away celebration?

Are robes provided in balcony cabins?

Thank you. 

26 minutes ago, The Med said:

A few questions…..

What time was sail away approximately and was there any kind of sail away celebration?

Thank you. 

Sailaway on July 1st was 6pm. There was music in 4 venues including the lido but no dancing was allowed. Bathrobes are provided in Superior Deluxe Balconies and suites.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, The Med said:

A few questions…..

Edited by Pink-belle
Cathy already answered
  • Like 1

Can I ask who everyone is using for parking at Southampton? We usually fly cruise, so the driving to the port is new for us! 
I did a quote with the people P&O recommend, and it was £60, which seems a lot for 4 nights 

8 minutes ago, debsjc said:

Can I ask who everyone is using for parking at Southampton? We usually fly cruise, so the driving to the port is new for us! 
I did a quote with the people P&O recommend, and it was £60, which seems a lot for 4 nights 

We are using CPS I believe. Previously - and for our later cruises - it was included in our cruise. 

Yes, not cheap but for us it worked out more convenient and cheaper with us driving down and using this parking compared to getting the train and all that hassle.

Edited by Camberley
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, indiana123 said:

As said above, may be a bit dearer, but the convenience and ease really does make up for that.  Well worth it... in my humble opinion!!! (but of course that was in pre-covid times.  hope its still good now)

Yes CPS was still as good, you won’t notice a change in service, accept Porters don’t take your luggage, unless asked to do so.  Trolleys are available for passenger use, next to where you stop. 
markings to ensure social distance when collecting keys.

personally I don’t regard £15 per night for secure valet parking expensive. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, debsjc said:

We normally use Parking4Cruises as it is virtually the same as what you get with CPS and normally a lot cheaper but for some reason CPS are cheaper for the 7nt Staycations. We are due on QE on 13th August and was going to book last week when suddenly Cunard cancelled there first few Staycations in case they cancelled ours but  we are lucky enough hopefully to be first cruise so will be booking CPS sometime this week.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, debsjc said:

Thanks for all the replies, it sounds like CVS is worth the cost then. 
Do you have to wheel your baggage cart far from the car drop off point, to the cruise terminal check-in point? 

No across 2 zebra crossings, if you would have difficulty there are porters on standby, just tell the CPS person booking in your car and they will call one over.

Even that sounds more complicated then the process is with CPS.  When you book you will download a sign to display on your dashboard, if you have that when you approach the ship Marshall’s will automatically signal and guide you to the CPS area.  You wait in you car until they ask you to get out. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

Apparently porters are not taking your suitcases out of your car or taking them off you for Staycations. You have to take themselves yourself to the "hole in the wall" where they take your suitcases off you.

They will help if asked to do so, they helped an elderly couple in front of us.

4 hours ago, majortom10 said:

Apparently porters are not taking your suitcases out of your car or taking them off you for Staycations. You have to take themselves yourself to the "hole in the wall" where they take your suitcases off you.

Another stupid Covid rule.

The chances of getting Covid from handling a suitcase are infinitessimal.  But, just to be sure, the porters could wear gloves.  

Sometimes I think common sense has gone out of the window!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, wowzz said:

Another stupid Covid rule.

The chances of getting Covid from handling a suitcase are infinitessimal.  But, just to be sure, the porters could wear gloves.  

Sometimes I think common sense has gone out of the window!

I would have thought more likely that due to potential close contact with passengers and the risk of airborne transmission of the virus is the more likely reason for suspension of the Porter service. 

51 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

I would have thought more likely that due to potential close contact with passengers and the risk of airborne transmission of the virus is the more likely reason for suspension of the Porter service. 

I always take our cases out of the car and could easily put them a safe distance away to a avoid personal contact. All it would need is a line painted on the paving an acceptable distance from the kerb.

6 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

I always take our cases out of the car and could easily put them a safe distance away to a avoid personal contact. All it would need is a line painted on the paving an acceptable distance from the kerb.

It’s probably a port rather than P&O decision to remove the porters, but given its freedumb day tomorrow perhaps they will return. 

2 hours ago, Snow Hill said:

It’s probably a port rather than P&O decision to remove the porters, but given its freedumb day tomorrow perhaps they will return. 

We will be cruising on Britannia in September but have also just disembarked Celebrity Silhouette and our vehicle was parked at AB parking.  

The porters there descended on our vehicle the moment we pulled up and they took our cases for us so I wouldn’t presume that it’s a port issue.

We walked across the road to check in and by the time we had eaten lunch our luggage was outside our door.