Jump to content

Dinning/Late embarkation


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

I assume by 7pm embarkation you are referring to the latest time you can board.
 

Dining rooms open at about the same time regardless of embarkation time.

 

It will vary from venue to venue, but is generally around 5.30pm-10pm

Edited by KeithJenner
Link to comment
Share on other sites

There is a mandatory muster drill that happens between latest embarkation and sail away.  All dining and bar service will be shut down for this and many of the dining venues will be used as muster stations.


The only time we had a late sail away we had a light supper when we boarded in the late afternoon and hit the buffet later that night for a snack.  

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, FitchburgWIFamily said:

There is a mandatory muster drill that happens between latest embarkation and sail away.  All dining and bar service will be shut down for this and many of the dining venues will be used as muster stations.


The only time we had a late sail away we had a light supper when we boarded in the late afternoon and hit the buffet later that night for a snack.  

 

 

Muster drill will now be virtual on your TV screen, so that’s no longer a factor in scheduling.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, FitchburgWIFamily said:

There is a mandatory muster drill that happens between latest embarkation and sail away.  All dining and bar service will be shut down for this and many of the dining venues will be used as muster stations.


The only time we had a late sail away we had a light supper when we boarded in the late afternoon and hit the buffet later that night for a snack.  

 

In the case of later sail away times, muster drill will often happen before latest embarkation (and almost always before dinner service starts).

 

The exception is where the change is due to a late arrival so that the start of embarkation is later than usual, but if it is a planned late departure then muster will likely still be at the usual time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, CILCIANRQTS said:

 

Muster drill will now be virtual on your TV screen, so that’s no longer a factor in scheduling.

NCL have virtual muster drill?Where did you find that information?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, CILCIANRQTS said:

 

Muster drill will now be virtual on your TV screen, so that’s no longer a factor in scheduling.


Is that a permanent change?  We don't know when the OP is travelling - it could be in 2022 or later.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Named-Tawny said:


Is that a permanent change?  We don't know when the OP is travelling - it could be in 2022 or later.

 

Once they implement it, there’s no reason to go back to the old way.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, janroatan said:

So you,d have to wait till your cabin is ready to do muster on cabin TV?

Dining rooms are open normal hours on embarkation day; they do not stay open late due to late departures. And there is a 24/7 restaurant on all ships. You can start boarding around 11 am with general boarding. We normally don't risk trying to fly in on day of departure, so we would board early and get our lunch and dinner on the ship. 

 

Royal has announced a virtual muster. While you complete much of the "Training" online, you still have to report to your muster station and check-in with a crew member during a defined time period. You have to prove that you know where your muster station is. NCL's procedures is still TBD. Cabins are usually available around 1 pm. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Dining rooms are open normal hours on embarkation day; they do not stay open late due to late departures. And there is a 24/7 restaurant on all ships. You can start boarding around 11 am with general boarding. We normally don't risk trying to fly in on day of departure, so we would board early and get our lunch and dinner on the ship. 

 

Royal has announced a virtual muster. While you complete much of the "Training" online, you still have to report to your muster station and check-in with a crew member during a defined time period. You have to prove that you know where your muster station is. NCL's procedures is still TBD. Cabins are usually available around 1 pm. 

Required or not, they're big ships and would be extremely confusing in black smoke.   No matter how unlikely an accident or how well you know the ship, it would be a wise decision to go to your muster station just to be more familiar. 

 

-signed guy who has been through a serious house fire and 2 real hotel fires.  Be smart and stay safe!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...