Jump to content

BAHAMAS CRUISE QUESTIONS


Recommended Posts

54 minutes ago, islandchick said:

I just read an article from cruise critic that says children will be allowed on board with a negative test. Is this true? If so it's not as safe as I was hoping for.

 

Only those who have been fully vaccinated are allowed on regardless of age.

 

Keith

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the replies. I am really glad that everyone has to be vaccinated as that is what I read on crystals website (with other arrangements for unvaccinated staff). I can't see how it would be safe otherwise. The cruises that are allowing unvaccinated children are just creating an illusion of safety. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Children won't be unvaccinated forever, either...  Trials with children are currently underway for all of the vaccines approved in the US, and some of the manufacturers enrolled teenagers in their stage 3 adult trials and already have that data.  At some point later this year, children of most ages in the US should have pretty much the same access as adults.

 

Vince

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, islandchick said:

I just read an article from cruise critic that says children will be allowed on board with a negative test. Is this true? If so it's not as safe as I was hoping for.

 

If that is true, I will rethink my cruise.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, islandchick said:

I just read an article from cruise critic that says children will be allowed on board with a negative test. Is this true? If so it's not as safe as I was hoping for.

 

That is fine as no where yet under 18 can get the shot. And due to the fact that many adults are in bed from vaccine I would not want a littke child to have it yet,

Link to post
Share on other sites

@AtA, @ellbon

As Keith1010 said so succinctly above, no guests are allowed  unless they have been vaccinated. Perhaps kids can get a vaccine in the country where they live; if so they can cruise. Again, if they are not vaccinated, they cannot.

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, TER777 said:

@AtA, @ellbon

As Keith1010 said so succinctly above, no guests are allowed  unless they have been vaccinated. Perhaps kids can get a vaccine in the country where they live; if so they can cruise. Again, if they are not vaccinated, they cannot.

I doubt very much on this cruise line you see a child under ten.But do you want your child  or grandchild to be the first un CA to have the vaccine. I want the vaccine but would question how safe on Keith’s  brand new grand baby 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Once again, only those who have been fully vaccinated can sail and all guests must be fully vaccinated 14 days or earlier prior to their sailing.

 

As to the younger ones, trials are underway for them by several of the vaccine companies.  In the USA Pfizer is now doing testing on those 12 and under, expects results in the second half of 2021 and if successful and approved by the FDA vaccination could begin early 2022.

 

Moderna and Pfizer have begun trials of children age 6 months to 12 years.

 

Both Moderna and Pfizer have also been doing trials on children 12 and older. 

 

Last month AstraZeneca began testing children six months and older and J&J plans to extend trials to young children after completing testing for the older children.

 

J&J will be doing trial soon for children.  

 

In the USA children under 18 comprise 23% of the population which is a big deal and also is important for things such as schools.

 

Just as Flu vaccines are recommended for children 6 months and older the concept would be to do the same for COVI-19 vaccinations.

 

So, near term you will not see children on cruises where cruise lines require vaccination for COVID-19.

 

Bottom line, no children (now children defined by those age groups but I am not talking about any adults who act like children.  LOL) on Crystal Cruises since they can't get a COVID-19 vaccination so no one needs to rethink a cruise and if Cruise Critic  had this information they are wrong.  I haven't tried to find it myself on CC.

 

For Crystal Cruises everyone should read the protocols on the Crystal Cruises web site for the latest information and remember keep checking the site because the protocols will continue to evolve.

 

https://www.crystalcruises.com/crystal-clean

 

Keith

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, vistaman said:

What if European people - as from end of April - are vaccinated with one injection J&J ? 


One injection with J&J counts just as fully vaccinated as two doses with the other vaccines, as far as cruise lines are concerned.  Adding the single dose vaccine sort of complicated how my county displays its numbers, but it all works out in the end.  1.1% of my county’s population is now fully vaccinated by a single dose vaccine, and 13.7% is now fully vaccinated by receiving both doses of the other vaccines.  Both of them count equally though in every other way.

 

Vince

Link to post
Share on other sites

Some more questions:

Will the entire crew be vaccinated?

What are entry/exit requirements in Nassau/Bimini as far as testing is concerned? Will a CDC vaccination card be all that is required?

Will masks have to be worn everywhere outside of your stateroom on board?

Will dining room seating be limited to only those that you board with?

Will there be a buffet available at all, serviced by wait staff?

Will there be social distancing in the theater, bars, pool areas, etc.?

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, LewiLewi said:

Some more questions:

Will the entire crew be vaccinated?

What are entry/exit requirements in Nassau/Bimini as far as testing is concerned? Will a CDC vaccination card be all that is required?

Will masks have to be worn everywhere outside of your stateroom on board?

Will dining room seating be limited to only those that you board with?

Will there be a buffet available at all, serviced by wait staff?

Will there be social distancing in the theater, bars, pool areas, etc.?

The majority of the crew will be vaccinated but there could be some exceptions.  

 

Nassau does not care if you have been vaccinated but they do require a negative COVID test which has to be taken to get their health visa but no more than five days before you arrive.  For boarding Serenity bring your CDC card.  

 

I would recommend going to the Crystal Web Site where most of your questions can be answered about Protocols.

 

https://www.crystalcruises.com/health-and-safety-hub

 

This is from the link I provided.

 

Masks.

 

 

RESPONSIVE MASK POLICY

To best safeguard the health of the entire Crystal family, we will keep our mask policy nimble. We will constantly be reassessing mask policies in light of evolving best practices recommended by epidemiologists as well as compliance with the policies of local governments.

  • Guests will be required to wear masks during Crystal’s organized airport and hotel transfers
  • Crystal will provide masks to guests and crew
  • Masks will be required in venues and instances where proper distancing is not possible, including show lounges, casino, fitness center, elevators, ship tenders, shoreside terminals and tour dispatch areas
  • Crystal will comply with all local health authorities, which may require masks ashore

Either on this thread or on another one the issue came up about who you can dine with.  

 

Buffets.  In Marketplace there won't be self service so I am assuming the crew will serve the food as they have before during an outbreak of norovirus when the numbers reach a certain level.

 

Social Distancing.  Also in the protocols you can get to on the link I provided.

 

 

IN SPACE WE TRUST

The Crystal experience affords each guest an abundance of personal space that is unrivalled in cruising. Crystal ships are designed to offer nearly double the space per guest of similar-sized ships. But Crystal Clean+ goes even further by mandating even fewer guests per square foot.

  • Crystal’s Ambassador Host dance program will be temporarily suspended until further notice
  • Crystal’s Junior Activities programming and in-suite babysitting services will be temporarily suspended until further notice
  • Lifeboat drill procedures will be changed to accommodate social distancing
  • Social distancing of at least six feet (two meters) of those outside of one’s travel party will be required; this includes dance partners 
  • Reduced capacity when ships resume service
  • Reduced capacity in elevators, restaurants, entertainment, fitness center, pool deck, casino, retail spaces, bars and lounges 

I highly recommend checking the protocols for updates every couple of weeks.

 

Keith

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Keith1010 said:

The majority of the crew will be vaccinated but there could be some exceptions.  

 

Nassau does not care if you have been vaccinated but they do require a negative COVID test which has to be taken to get their health visa but no more than five days before you arrive.  For boarding Serenity bring your CDC card.  

 

I would recommend going to the Crystal Web Site where most of your questions can be answered about Protocols.

 

https://www.crystalcruises.com/health-and-safety-hub

 

This is from the link I provided.

 

Masks.

 

 

RESPONSIVE MASK POLICY

To best safeguard the health of the entire Crystal family, we will keep our mask policy nimble. We will constantly be reassessing mask policies in light of evolving best practices recommended by epidemiologists as well as compliance with the policies of local governments.

  • Guests will be required to wear masks during Crystal’s organized airport and hotel transfers
  • Crystal will provide masks to guests and crew
  • Masks will be required in venues and instances where proper distancing is not possible, including show lounges, casino, fitness center, elevators, ship tenders, shoreside terminals and tour dispatch areas
  • Crystal will comply with all local health authorities, which may require masks ashore

Either on this thread or on another one the issue came up about who you can dine with.  

 

Buffets.  In Marketplace there won't be self service so I am assuming the crew will serve the food as they have before during an outbreak of norovirus when the numbers reach a certain level.

 

Social Distancing.  Also in the protocols you can get to on the link I provided.

 

 

IN SPACE WE TRUST

The Crystal experience affords each guest an abundance of personal space that is unrivalled in cruising. Crystal ships are designed to offer nearly double the space per guest of similar-sized ships. But Crystal Clean+ goes even further by mandating even fewer guests per square foot.

  • Crystal’s Ambassador Host dance program will be temporarily suspended until further notice
  • Crystal’s Junior Activities programming and in-suite babysitting services will be temporarily suspended until further notice
  • Lifeboat drill procedures will be changed to accommodate social distancing
  • Social distancing of at least six feet (two meters) of those outside of one’s travel party will be required; this includes dance partners 
  • Reduced capacity when ships resume service
  • Reduced capacity in elevators, restaurants, entertainment, fitness center, pool deck, casino, retail spaces, bars and lounges 

I highly recommend checking the protocols for updates every couple of weeks.

 

Keith

Thank you.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: Crystal Cruises - New! Luxury Bahamas Escapes
      • ICYM Our Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Explore the Remote World with Hurtigruten!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...