current passport coast and fees?

yes thank you. I have already been there. I can't seem to find the amount for the agent fee and who I would pay that too.

That was more the reason I asked. Trying to figure out if I can just renew it my self and not have to pay this agent fee or whatever they call it.

I have already filled out the forms, just need the pictures taken and write the check(s).

25 minutes ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

yes thank you. I have already been there. I can't seem to find the amount for the agent fee and who I would pay that too.

That was more the reason I asked. Trying to figure out if I can just renew it my self and not have to pay this agent fee or whatever they call it.

I have already filled out the forms, just need the pictures taken and write the check(s).

the website recommend filing by mail  #4

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/traveladvisories/ea/passport-covid-19.html

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/passports/how-apply/fees.html

Some US Post Office stations will handle passports, appointments may be required. I think they charge $25.  If it's a renewal (within the required time) then just do it by mail directly without any agent fee. Be sure to make copies of everything sent.

4 hours ago, Philob said:

Some US Post Office stations will handle passports, appointments may be required. I think they charge $25.  If it's a renewal (within the required time) then just do it by mail directly without any agent fee. Be sure to make copies of everything sent.

Thank you very much. This is exactly what I needed to know.

Posted (edited)

OP - three recommendations:

Here is a timeline for my recent experience:

• renewal mailed (via certified mail for tracking purposes) on January 20
  • received at the DoS Texas facility on January 25 (as estimated by USPS)
  • notified by DoS that the renewal application was being reviewed on January 28
  • notified by DoS that the renewal was approved and being printed on February 21
  • notified by USPS that the estimated delivery date for the new passport was February 25
  • new passport arrived after being processed at DoS facility in Tuscon on February 24
  • expired passport sent from the DoS facility in New Orleans arrived on February 27
Edited by capriccio