Jump to content

Cheers Beverage Package- Wine List


garda
 Share

Recommended Posts

Its by the glass so some of the list depends on what bar you are at - as I have found some wines are not available in all bars.   The MDR has had the best list that I recall.  If you search out MDR menus for your ship you will likely find these wine lists.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, garda said:

Hi Everybody,

 

Would anyone have a list of the wines offered with the Cheers Beverage Package.

 

Thanks in advance.

 

You may be able to find menus for the various bars and possibly a wine list for the main dining room but they will be of little use. The wine selections will vary all over the ship, they will all have something serviceable, it just won't be consistent from bar to bar. Some of the better selections in the main dining room will also only be sold by the bottle. The steakhouse is also another good location to look for better options and they will have some selections that are available by the glass that would be covered under cheers. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I should add that even at the bars, though they have lists, many times they simply won't have it. It's the most inconsistent as far as alcohol choices with regards to cheers. The best way to see what they have is to physically look behind the bars and see and visit a few bars to figure out which ones are stocked better, on Panorama is was the Serenity bar and Tides bar. It can be a bit inconvenient but as I already stated, they all will have something that is serviceable unless you have particularly discriminating tastes, in which case I'd skip cheers and bring one onboard (for each adult) and buy a few of the better ones from the main dining room or the steakhouse.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, garda said:

One more question,,,if glass is over $20.00, do they charge you just the difference?

 

Don't know since I don't drink wine, but if you go to the steakhouse on the first night, you can get as many bottles as you like for 50% off and they will label the bottles for you so they will follow you whether you eat at the MDR or another specialty venue for the week.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, garda said:

One more question,,,if glass is over $20.00, do they charge you just the difference?

 

 

Used to be but they changed it, in reality, there will be none. All the by the glass stuff is less than $20 (around $12-$14). I believe the most expensive drink you can get with cheers is a top shelf tequila at Blue Iguana that is like $20 a shot. The better bottles of wine will need to be purchased and you'll get the following discounts with cheers.

  • 25% discount off the menu price for any spirit or wine by the glass above $20.00
  • 25% discount off the menu price for wine and champagne by the bottle
  • 25% discount off beverage seminars and classes

    https://www.carnival.com/drink-packages/cheers-package/cheers-SUM

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You can stop by the bar at the Steakhouse and get drinks, no need to stay for dinner.  And that is where you will probably find the best wines on the ship.

 

I have never seen an individual drink for more than about $15, IIRC, certainly not above $20.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, pinklucky61 said:

If you have cheers package, does buying a bottle of wine count as 1 drink of your 15 allowed?

 

No. I have have bought multiple bottles at dinner and my cheers count was not affected. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, pinklucky61 said:

If you have cheers package, does buying a bottle of wine count as 1 drink of your 15 allowed?

If you like the expensive wines, you can buy them at 50% off in the Steakhouse on night one.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...
On 4/11/2021 at 7:00 PM, SNJCruisers said:

If you like the expensive wines, you can buy them at 50% off in the Steakhouse on night one.

Has anyone tried this recently sailing from Galveston?  If one is allowed to by about 5 bottles the first night at 50% off, this would definitely be very positive for us choosing CCL.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, happy cruzer said:

Has anyone tried this recently sailing from Galveston?  If one is allowed to by about 5 bottles the first night at 50% off, this would definitely be very positive for us choosing CCL.

Or purchased a Cruise the Vinyards package?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, happy cruzer said:

Has anyone tried this recently sailing from Galveston?  If one is allowed to by about 5 bottles the first night at 50% off, this would definitely be very positive for us choosing CCL.

IIRC, and my memory is fuzzy, they allow you to purchase up to 2 bottles at 50% off, but I think they open them one at a time and expect you to consume them in the Steakhouse.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

IIRC, and my memory is fuzzy, they allow you to purchase up to 2 bottles at 50% off, but I think they open them one at a time and expect you to consume them in the Steakhouse.

 

On the first night in the steakhouse I've purchased multiple bottles (though that was for use in the Steakhouse through the week). We enjoy a bottle of the same bubbly on the first night of every cruise. Beyond that, it's usually an assortment of red wines.

 

i-STm8rBW-XL.jpg

 

Tom

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

 

On the first night in the steakhouse I've purchased multiple bottles (though that was for use in the Steakhouse through the week). We enjoy a bottle of the same bubbly on the first night of every cruise. Beyond that, it's usually an assortment of red wines.

 

i-STm8rBW-XL.jpg

 

Tom

Ah, OK.  But they don't generally let you walk off with the unopened extra bottles, I assume?  So if you don't plan on returning to the Steakhouse, that may not be an option?  Or can you "transfer" them to the MDR for future nights?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

Ah, OK.  But they don't generally let you walk off with the unopened extra bottles, I assume?  So if you don't plan on returning to the Steakhouse, that may not be an option?  Or can you "transfer" them to the MDR for future nights?

 

In our case, they knew it was for future nights and they kept them there. I doubt they'd let you take them with you, and I have no idea regarding transfer. I hope that Rudi's can do the same for us on night #2 (our other three nights will be in there -- in 24 short days)!

 

Tom

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...