Cruise lines requiring COVID-19 vaccination

5 hours ago, finchy1950 said:

Yes, me for one! - I wouldn't even contemplate getting on a cruise ship unless everyone was required to be vaccinated - Passengers and crew alike!

Ditto. Oceania is requiring all passengers and crew to be vaccinated, and tested prior to boarding.

2 hours ago, Porky55 said:

This is the News that NSWP is referring to:

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavirus/japan-luxury-cruise-halted-after-covid-19-case-1.5409185

All cruise limes now state in their fine print that in the event of positive covid cases, they have the right to abort the cruise and return to port of embarkation.

10 hours ago, batuceper said:

Imagine if there was an outbreak on  a World Cruise? Long way home.

On 3/24/2021 at 5:45 AM, ilikeanswers said:

If you go on the other boards there are some very angry people calling it a "human rights violations" 😳. I would love to see then try and take that to the UN😂

Ok, yes....their choice....but it is the airlines and the cruise lines right and duty to keep their passengers SAFE...So don't get your vaccine....but stay away from ANY TRAVEL whatsoever....

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, NSWP said:

Imagine if there was an outbreak on  a World Cruise? Long way home.

Artania was a world cruise wasn't it? 

Edited by ilikeanswers
50 minutes ago, ilikeanswers said:

Artania was a world cruise wasn't it? 

Yes it was. They had to head back to Europe from West Australia.

We had our flu vaccinations this morning. I checked about the lump on my arm fton the Covid vaccination and the nurse said it can take quite a while to go away for some people. It is getting smaller, it's about half the size it was last week.

Posted (edited)

Not surprised you had a lump - have you actually noticed the length of the AZ vaccine needle?? Personally I never look, but WOW 😳

48D25135-66B0-46EE-A97B-941894986655.jpeg

Edited by Porky55

They don't necessarily stick the whole needle i to your arm, just the tip. Anyway I didn't feel a thing at the time, it started hurting about three hours later.

2 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

They don't necessarily stick the whole needle i to your arm, just the tip. Anyway I didn't feel a thing at the time, it started hurting about three hours later.

I had a cortisone injection in my shoulder last week. Usually I just look straight ahead and don't watch the ultrasound monitor but did this time. I didn't realise how far the needle went in.

Leigh

28 minutes ago, possum52 said:

I had a cortisone injection in my shoulder last week. Usually I just look straight ahead and don't watch the ultrasound monitor but did this time. I didn't realise how far the needle went in.

Leigh

With those they have to get right into the joint, don't they? Whereas a vaccine only has to get into the muscle so just has to get through the skin and possibly any surrounding fat.

1 hour ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

With those they have to get right into the joint, don't they? Whereas a vaccine only has to get into the muscle so just has to get through the skin and possibly any surrounding fat.

I hate to tell you but with an intramuscular injection they will need to be going in at least 2/3rds of the way in. Cortisone injection needles are usually longer. Speaking as a retired nurse here.

2 minutes ago, frantic36 said:

I hate to tell you but with an intramuscular injection they will need to be going in at least 2/3rds of the way in. Cortisone injection needles are usually longer. Speaking as a retired nurse here.

Then the nurse at my GP's is very skillful because I would have sworn that needle barely penetrated the skin, ditto for my flu shot. 

1 hour ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Then the nurse at my GP's is very skillful because I would have sworn that needle barely penetrated the skin, ditto for my flu shot. 

I have to say I was also impressed with the nurse who gave me my Covid. It was painless though I had some tenderness on touch a bit later, not unexpected. The needle gauge and length for flu shot is a bit smaller.

As someone who had flu and pneumonia earlier this year I am okay with the injection. Hence my vaccine obsession.

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, frantic36 said:

Yep, you are right - evidence - ooooh. 😳

8A452E37-EBBB-4DD0-A783-E50ECBDF6B62.jpeg

Edited by Porky55
8 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I have everything crossed that this will always be the case 🤞😵. 😁

12 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Yes pain hours later is normal, I had for 4 days. AZ only supply vaccine, syringes and needles are what usually used in that area. 

My actual injection didn't hurt whilst being done. 

1 hour ago, kate59 said:

Yes pain hours later is normal, I had for 4 days. AZ only supply vaccine, syringes and needles are what usually used in that area. 

My actual injection didn't hurt whilst being done. 

Since you sound like you had quite a strong reaction in your arm, you might find you have a residual lump and some tenderness around the injection site for a few weeks. If so, don't worry, it slowly goes away. Mine is down to about the size of a smallish olive now.

24 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Since you sound like you had quite a strong reaction in your arm, you might find you have a residual lump and some tenderness around the injection site for a few weeks. If so, don't worry, it slowly goes away. Mine is down to about the size of a smallish olive now.

Thanks but I didn"t  get a lump.  The soreness was similar to what I had with previous injection?  TB

3 minutes ago, kate59 said:

Thanks but I didn"t  get a lump.  The soreness was similar to what I had with previous injection?  TB

It's interesting to hear how the side effects differ from person to person.

I’m having my flu shot on Saturday.

It will be interesting to compare to AZ1.

Pneumovax a couple of years ago was quite unpleasant, but flu is usually quite minor reaction.

3 minutes ago, Docker123 said:

I’m having my flu shot on Saturday.

It will be interesting to compare to AZ1.

Pneumovax a couple of years ago was quite unpleasant, but flu is usually quite minor reaction.

I had mine on Monday, no flu type side effects so far.