what does currently not available mean

JandKCruisers

5 minutes ago, JandKCruisers said:

What does that mean?  Is it cancelled?

No, they may be working on the website.

This happened to me last week with a few of my bookings. One second it wasn't available, the next it was there, then again not, etc.... Walk away from your computer and check back in an hour or two. It's not worth worrying about at this point.

Edited by CineGraphic
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, CineGraphic said:

No, they may be working on the website.

This happened to me last week with a few of my bookings. One second it wasn't available, the next it was there, then again not, etc.... Walk away from your computer and check back in an hour or two. It's not worth worrying about at this point.

Thank you.  I have had 4 cruises cancelled in the past year and was really looking forward to this one.

We all hope CineGraphic's explanation is correct for your sake. I've seen that behavior as well.

You didn't mention which cruise is currently not available so it's tough to know what else may be going on. It could mean that there's enough uncertainty about your cruise being able to sail that Princess has stopped taking reservations but is not outright canceling it. Another possibility is they're changing the itinerary and it's on hold until details are finalized.

I don't want to be a wet blanket but in all I've had a couple of bookings end up this way and they were both canceled. One of them was very odd as it could have been booked as a single longer cruise or two shorter ones B2B. The longer version went into the 'unavailable' category but both shorter ones could still be booked. Eventually everything was canceled as the Pacific Princess was sold. 😥

7 minutes ago, beg3yrs said:

We all hope CineGraphic's explanation is correct for your sake. I've seen that behavior as well.

You didn't mention which cruise is currently not available so it's tough to know what else may be going on. It could mean that there's enough uncertainty about your cruise being able to sail that Princess has stopped taking reservations but is not outright canceling it. Another possibility is they're changing the itinerary and it's on hold until details are finalized.

I don't want to be a wet blanket but in all I've had a couple of bookings end up this way and they were both canceled. One of them was very odd as it could have been booked as a single longer cruise or two shorter ones B2B. The longer version went into the 'unavailable' category but both shorter ones could still be booked. Eventually everything was canceled as the Pacific Princess was sold. 😥

It is the Ruby Princess cruise on October 10th out of San Francisco to Canada.

11 minutes ago, JandKCruisers said:

I would definitely keep an eye on that one. Maybe take a look at the status of the Ruby's sailings before (and maybe after) yours to see if there's something going on. Franktown notes it could be the problem with Canada - that's probably it.

Personally, we've made up to three bookings that overlap, hoping at least one will sail. With the sale of the Pacific Princess we're down to two and all our fingers, toes and even eyes are crossed that one of this will happen!

Now I've been jinxed, I took a look at a different booking we have for May of 2022, an Alaskan CruiseTour and it's now showing unavailable!

Edited by beg3yrs

13 minutes ago, JandKCruisers said:

As far as I know Canada is not allowing large cruise ships for the rest of 2021. That cruise may become something else like a coastal to Mexico

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, beg3yrs said:

I would definitely keep an eye on that one. Maybe take a look at the status of the Ruby's sailings before (and maybe after) yours to see if there's something going on. Franktown notes it could be the problem with Canada - that's probably it.

Personally, we've made up to three bookings that overlap, hoping at least one will sail. With the sale of the Pacific Princess we're down to two and all our fingers, toes and even eyes are crossed that one of this will happen!

Now I've been jinxed, I took a look at a different booking we have for May of 2022, an Alaskan CruiseTour and it's now showing unavailable!

Is your Alaska trip just a cruise tour only?  Or, does it have a cruise component.  I just looked at my June 18, 2022, 14-day cruise to Alaska and it is all good (I even went in and did a fake booking to double check.)

Sorry to say this but our cruise around Australia in March 2022 has been showing this for weeks now. Not sure whether it may be because it is fully booked, Australia’s borders are closed for international travel or something else.

Will get travel agent to look into it when he calls to add on flights, next month.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, franktown said:

My guess is they are waiting to see what Canada does.  Canada has said no cruise ships till 2022.  They stopped taking reservations for cruises stopping in Canada some weeks ago.

Thanks for the reply.  We phoned our Princess TA when Canada said that a few weeks ago and she said at that time Princess was trying to work out something with Canada so they weren't cancelling the cruise.  We had been booked on an August Ruby Princess Alaska Cruise that was cancelled.

51 minutes ago, beg3yrs said:

sorry about that.  The other Ruby cruise a week later shows the same thing.  We are booked on the Island World Cruise 2022 and have everything crossed that it will happen.  I need to cruise!

1 hour ago, JandKCruisers said:

We are booked on a Princess cruise this Fall and I went on-line to see if it is still booking and it shows "currently not available" .What does that mean?  Is it cancelled?

Thank you for all of your very helpful responses.  It is back on their website.  Whew!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, JandKCruisers said:

Thanks for the reply.  We phoned our Princess TA when Canada said that a few weeks ago and she said at that time Princess was trying to work out something with Canada so they weren't cancelling the cruise.  We had been booked on an August Ruby Princess Alaska Cruise that was cancelled.

Sorry, but our Prime Minister has advised on numerous occasions that there will be no cruiseships at any port in Canada until 2022.  I can assure you Canada is not negotiating with Princess or any other cruiseline.  Your cruise will either change itinerary or be cancelled.  

7 minutes ago, Lady Arwen said:

Sorry, but our Prime Minister has advised on numerous occasions that there will be no cruiseships at any port in Canada until 2022.  I can assure you Canada is not negotiating with Princess or any other cruiseline.  Your cruise will either change itinerary or be cancelled.  

Thank you.  We love visiting Canada and we're holding on to the hope of it.

15 minutes ago, JandKCruisers said:

Thank you.  We love visiting Canada and we're holding on to the hope of it.

I’ll cross my fingers and toes for you!  Wherever you sail to, I hope you have a wonderful time.

4 hours ago, JandKCruisers said:

2 issues: Canada not allowing cruises & banking on Mayor Breed allowing San Francisco cruises.  Although we went to Orange Tier today, Outside Lands moved from August 2021 to October 2021 is off. As is BottleRock 2021. 

6 hours ago, Italy52 said:

Is your Alaska trip just a cruise tour only?  Or, does it have a cruise component.  I just looked at my June 18, 2022, 14-day cruise to Alaska and it is all good (I even went in and did a fake booking to double check.)

It's a CruiseTour, land segment followed by a ship segment. Sails the end of May, 2022.

2 hours ago, Ombud said:

2 issues: Canada not allowing cruises & banking on Mayor Breed allowing San Francisco cruises.  Although we went to Orange Tier today, Outside Lands moved from August 2021 to October 2021 is off. As is BottleRock 2021. 

We were so looking forward to this particular cruise as our adult children both live in the Bay Area and we were originally from there.  We now live in Virginia.  Thank you for the heads up about the Mayor.

21 minutes ago, beg3yrs said:

It's a CruiseTour, land segment followed by a ship segment. Sails the end of May, 2022.

That is very odd.  I just looked at the Alaska sailings for May , 2022 and didn't see any notations on any of them. 

1 hour ago, Italy52 said:

That is very odd.  I just looked at the Alaska sailings for May , 2022 and didn't see any notations on any of them. 

Hopefully it will be fine by 2022 ---- 2021 is problematic 

• Thanks 1

Princess removed from sale all cruises that visit a Canadian port in 2021 back on February 24th when they published the news from the Canadian government.  They have said that they are still working on alternatives with the Canadian and US authorities and they have not cancelled all of them yet.  They are just not selling any new cruises with these itineraries at the moment.  Stay tuned!

• Thanks 1