Captains Club double points sailing out of Saint Maarten

cruisestitch

8 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

Looks like they may be worried if they are making offers before bookings have begun.

Don't think that they need to worry about filling the ship as people will just about pay anything to start cruising. Another line had record bookings for their startup cruises and expect Celebrity to do the same. Perhaps double point offers are revealing something else.

• Like 2

This is fantastic!!! I’ll only need to book 23 double-point cruises to reach Zenith.......and in 12 years (or so) I’ll reach it and at 87 and be able to really enjoy all that drinking and eating more and.......well, so much for that idea.

Den

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Booked a couple other double points cruises.  Received ZERO points as they did not happen.

Also for long time cruisers the value of Captain's Club status and points has been greatly reduced.  Internet and the nightly social time are now worthless with AI.  Down to a bag of laundry.  Sad.

1 minute ago, Denny01 said:

This is fantastic!!! I’ll only need to book 23 double-point cruises to reach Zenith.......and in 12 years (or so) I’ll reach it and at 87 and be able to really enjoy all that drinking and eating more and.......well, so much for that idea.

Den

Being a Zenith ain't what it used to be.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Orator said:

Don't think that they need to worry about filling the ship as people will just about pay anything to start cruising. Another line had record bookings for their startup cruises and expect Celebrity to do the same. Perhaps double point offers are revealing something else.

I agree. I was writing tongue in cheek and should have included a smily-face.

13 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

I agree. I was writing tongue in cheek and should have included a smily-face.

I’m afraid that many of my posts, including mine above, is the same and unfortunately other posters don’t quite catch my extremely ‘sophisticated’ humor! And using a smiley face kind of defeats the entire ‘fun’ of a tongue-in-cheek post. Sooo, I just suffer the consequences. 

Den

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Denny01 said:

And using a smiley face kind of defeats the entire ‘fun’ of a tongue-in-cheek post. Sooo, I just suffer the consequences. 

Den

Hahahaha!!!!

I am fond of using this little side smile Smirking face... but it does look a bit small here on Cruise Critic.
Might not have the same effect as it does in my real-life texting and such.
😏

30 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Booked a couple other double points cruises.  Received ZERO points as they did not happen.

Also for long time cruisers the value of Captain's Club status and points has been greatly reduced.  Internet and the nightly social time are now worthless with AI.  Down to a bag of laundry.  Sad.

Agree

No real boarding or disembarcation  priority anymore for E plus.  That goes to suite guests.

Concierge guests also  were offered special events, priorities and perks on  our last few cruises.  AQ had BLU and  the thermal suite...that was about it!

On our last few cruises, they opened the Sr officers party to all Cap Club members.  Jam packed...not the nice social event  it used to be.

We do like the laundry  perk and Elite  breakfast. And not sure if internet minutes are now part of the all included..it is part of our next booking.. first suite!

But if extra points  works to entice bookings okay with that...we will never get past e plus...

2 hours ago, Denny01 said:

Den

Nope.  You just need to book expensive suites.  You'll be there in no time.

9 minutes ago, cruising teacher said:

No It ain’t 😥

No MC/Retreat.  No special boarding. No longer can use services of MC/Retreat host. You now pay AI for things you received as a benefit. I spoke to a Shoreside Concierge on Monday and they confirmed the information

Zeniths paying more for less! 

1 minute ago, Orator said:

No MC/Retreat.  No special boarding. No longer can use services of MC/Retreat host. You now pay AI for things you received as a benefit. I spoke to a Shoreside Concierge on Monday and they confirmed the information

Zeniths paying more for less! 

Message to Elite Plus: Don’t bother chasing Zenith! Not worth it unfortunately🥺

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruising teacher said:

Message to Elite Plus: Don’t bother chasing Zenith! Not worth it unfortunately🥺

Absolutely correct.  If we book after our Reflection cruise in 2022,( if it happens),  we would only book lowest level suites if we could ...or just go back to Aquaclass