Edge/Apex vs. Virgin Voyages Scarlet Lady/Valiant Lady

CroozFanatic

VV and X are entirely different experiences, with that being said, VV is still a very traditional cruise experience with the big difference being food; VVs inclusive food selection/availability will be better than Xs.

Here are VV's menus, anything can change at anytime yet I believe the majority of these menus will remain once cruising resumes https://www.cruisehabit.com/virgin-voyages-scarlet-lady-restaurant-photos-and-menus

If you're considering a suite category, you might take a look at Regent to compare pricing and inclusions.  Their all inclusive, not always included, has excursions in all ports of call and airfare with transfers as well as grats, WiFi, specialty restaurants and premium liquor.

27 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

VV and X are entirely different experiences, with that being said,

Here are VV's menus, anything can change at anytime yet I believe the majority of these menus will remain once cruising resumes https://www.cruisehabit.com/virgin-voyages-scarlet-lady-restaurant-photos-and-menus

Thanks for the link. Razzle Dazzle's stripes would definitely bring on seasickness!  The ice cream shop is very unimaginative and I'm surprised they would even include the picture, but then maybe it's not finished yet.

I wouldn't be a fan of sitting on the bench with low tables for pizza. The Galley looks nice for a food court but I would not sit on the tall, hard wooden stools.  I think the Test Kitchen looked the best with its nostalgic decor. As another poster said, nothing really seems very plush or upscale. 

Thanks  for the link

The Wake  looks like the buffet area on EDGE..rather than a steak house type place.  

Those Razzle Dazzle stripes would drive me away or induce an  optical migraine.

We  do miss the original  Q sine on X.....modern touch decor..unique menu!

Not a fan of X's  le petit chef "video" dinner,

Test kitchen  looked like a very nice space.  It reminded me of  the lower EDEN area on EDGE,.which I wish would become a test kitchen.  Best views on EDGE!

Obviously, menu,  taste, presentation and service quality cannot be shown in photos,  but in my opinion, food on EDGE  in Specialty areas, buffet, BLU and 4 mdrs was excellent. Better than other X ships! 

• 4 months later...

Super excited to start getting more comparisons as VV finally sails. 
We just turned 40 and love cruising. Celebrity has been our go to as of late and have Apex booked for February. Our VV cruise has been delayed 4 times but we will finally be sailing on the scarlet lady in a suite in April.

I’m very excited to compare service levels, food quality (we usually eat at Blu), and overall experiences. Definitely drawn to the no kids and modern vibes of VV, but wondering if some of the “non traditional” changes they have made will excite or disappoint. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, CroozFanatic said:

"If you are looking for a cruise line comparison, the nearest would be Celebrity Cruises, at least in the Edge Class."

Link

Sketchy source, I know.

"it has the look and feel of a W Hotel" - yikes. W Hotel's haven't been cool or trendy for a couple of decades now. If they're trying to attract a millennial crowd, they're going to have to do better. The whole look and feel just seems so dated. Celebrity at least  is on the right track with the recently announced F45 and Goop collaborations, though I'm not sure either brand can ever pull off drawing in the new generation.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
On 8/13/2021 at 3:33 PM, BlueBlazered said:

"it has the look and feel of a W Hotel" - yikes. W Hotel's haven't been cool or trendy for a couple of decades now. If they're trying to attract a millennial crowd, they're going to have to do better. The whole look and feel just seems so dated. Celebrity at least  is on the right track with the recently announced F45 and Goop collaborations, though I'm not sure either brand can ever pull off drawing in the new generation.

VV appears to have gotten a bit b@tthurt with people repeatedly calling their lower-end rooms "dorm rooms" with "ikea furniture" so they have been redoing the rooms and have even added storage.

They just hired JLo for improve the entertainment

Was just leaked that the Bachelorette will be filmed on it

Every time we start to look into sailing VV, Celebrity or Carnival throws an offer our way that we can't refuse...We only have so much vacation time

Bumping this older thread because of the recent VV updates

1 minute ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

VV appears to have gotten a bit b@tthurt with people repeatedly calling their lower-end rooms "dorm rooms" with "ikea furniture" so they have been redoing the rooms and have even added storage.

They just hired JLo for improve the entertainment

Was just leaked that the Bachelorette will be filmed on it

Every time we start to look into sailing VV, Celebrity or Carnival throws an offer our way that we can't refuse...We only have so much vacation time

Bumping this older thread because of the recent VV updates

Good lord if VV is competing against Carnimart, there have to be problems