10% FCC discount

11 minutes ago, pghflyer said:

I think at the time it was an ADDITIONAL 20% for latitude members off the sale prices if I recall it correctly. I kind of view that as just an additional "sale" at the time that may not be expected to be retained after cancellation.

I did just have my Gem cancelled and they didn't return my 10% certificate.....so nothing like kicking you while you are down! If I had 2 reservations with 2 10% discounts applied last night, and they decide to cancel 1 on their own, I should get it back.

I wrote in to make sure it wasn't a misunderstanding or system problem.

If you had two cruises with 2 10% discounts applied, you probably just got lucky.  That's NOT how many of us have been told it would work.  I had 2 10% discounts on my account at one point, but neither would apply to a new booking.  I had to call, and the CSR (very helpful) applied one to an already booked POA in 2022.  I later called back for another and was told that only one could be applied.  She could "see" the 10% promo on my account, but since one was currently applied I couldn't apply a second.  The one I applied saved me about $500, so I fine with that.

19 hours ago, CaptainWoody said:

Isn't the current deal 30% off?

but have you seen the prices? no where near what we paid with our extra 20% off back then. But, we expect it,  the pandemic changed everything including supply and demand 🙂

Edited by spanishguy1970

Have had several cruises recently cancelled.  Received the letter saying would receive a 10% credit n future cruises.  Started booking new cruises and was told the 10% was per person, so need need two for one booking.  OK.  Continued to book another cruise, and agent said that no more credits are available.  I said that I have had several cancelled and that I should have a credit for each cruise.  Was told because I had one in my account,  when the computer saw that I already had one in my account a few minutes later, that I was not eligible for any others.  I said that is penalizing loyal customers.  My PCC said "above my paygrade."

@mrbucky

Just one point:  My wife and I had a cruise cancelled and there was a 10% certificate in each account so when we booked another cruise they used the 10% from the two accounts.   The certificates are issued to each person and can only be used towards an individual cruise fare.

We could have used mine against my fare on one cruise and my wife's towards her fare on another cruise if we wanted to!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mrbucky said:

Have had several cruises recently cancelled.  Received the letter saying would receive a 10% credit n future cruises.  Started booking new cruises and was told the 10% was per person, so need need two for one booking.  OK.  Continued to book another cruise, and agent said that no more credits are available.  I said that I have had several cancelled and that I should have a credit for each cruise.  Was told because I had one in my account,  when the computer saw that I already had one in my account a few minutes later, that I was not eligible for any others.  I said that is penalizing loyal customers.  My PCC said "above my paygrade."

Right or wrong, this is consistent with what many of us have been told.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, pghflyer said:

Anyone cancelled a cruise voluntarily (not an NCL initiated cancel) before final payment - do we get that 10% discount coupon back?

I can also confirm you get it back, my PCC did not know, I told him to do it anyway and I would take the risk.
The 10% came through immediately my cancellation was confirmed about 5 days.

Edited by ziggyuk
  • Like 1

The wording about the 10% certificate has changed with the latest cancellations.   The statement is now:-

Additionally, a 10% off coupon will be automatically added to the guest's account, if the guest has not already received one for a previously cancelled sailing or an account that currently has a 10% coupon.

That now means that no matter how many cruises they cancel you will only ever get ONE 10% off certificate.

2 hours ago, casofilia said:

That now means that no matter how many cruises they cancel you will only ever get ONE 10% off certificate.

Although the wording has changed that's the way it's been for quite some time.  I managed to get a second one (3 cruises on the books when covid hit).  I just hope they continue to return them as cruises are cancelled.

@julig22

It is the way they have been using it but that does not make it correct.

If you have received more than one cancellation notice prior to the one issued in the last 24 hours could I suggest you read those very critically and logically as a pedantic lawyer would and then compare with what has been promulgated today. 

If you do that you will see that there is a whole new meaning in "today's".   While they had intended to say what they said "today" in the previous one they didn't.

15 minutes ago, casofilia said:

If you have received more than one cancellation notice prior to the one issued in the last 24 hours could I suggest you read those very critically and logically as a pedantic lawyer would and then compare with what has been promulgated today. 

If you do that you will see that there is a whole new meaning in "today's".   While they had intended to say what they said "today" in the previous one they didn't.

Holy Deja Vu Batman!!  🦇

• Like 1

Does anyone know if the 10% shows on your reservation as a separate line item or bundled with "Savings"? 

Mine shows Savings -2,278.80.  My personal cruise consultant said she was going to apply it to my booking, but I'm not so sure it applied...

18 minutes ago, choover2576 said:

Does anyone know if the 10% shows on your reservation as a separate line item or bundled with "Savings"? 

Mine shows Savings -2,278.80.  My personal cruise consultant said she was going to apply it to my booking, but I'm not so sure it applied...

On mine it got bundled in so I could not see it, if it's not been applied it does show as a voucher in "My Account" much like a Cruise Next does.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, casofilia said:

We have found that any discount is taken from the actual cruise fare only and that only shows by comparing the new Confirmation Email with your previous Confirmation Email

Mike

Agreed, that is the only way I could see it too and as it only comes off the cruise fare it is much less than one might think.

I suggest that you keep copies of ALL confirmation emails about anything till you have completed any cruise.

That was the only way I could keep discussions with NCL going regarding everything that happened with the Spirit cruises to South Africa last year.

Mike